Departures and Additions 2021-22 Postseason

Zeek

9 minutes ago, AEAugirl said:

Even more concerning about this is IF he is looking to transfer from AU to Ole Miss, he will have to sit a year.

When the SEC changed the transfer rules last year allowing one time immediate eligibility, it was with the caveat that the player had to at least be IN the portal by Feb 1.  Johnson missed that by a day.

So what would make a player would was slated to probably be a starter in a position of dire need transfer and sit one year? 

I bet he got his paper work in on time.

2 hours ago, AEAugirl said:

So what would make a player would was slated to probably be a starter in a position of dire need transfer and sit one year? 

I'd guess he was ignorant of the deadline/rules, or as WED said he got his paperwork in on time, or he just isn't willing to meet the current standards, or had an issue with the coaching philosophy. Hard to tell, but if he wasn't on board with Harsin, I appreciate him moving on and going to a program he can get behind. 

If I counted right we have 14 transfers and ESPN has said 20 counting even the players that exhausted eligibility and declared for the draft to make it seem worse.

13 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

If I counted right we have 14 transfers and ESPN has said 20 counting even the players that exhausted eligibility and declared for the draft to make it seem worse.

The number leaving is 19. That does not include a couple who have been reported to have entered the portal in the last few days. Here, you can count noses yourself: : https://247sports.com/college/auburn/Season/2022-Football/TransferPortal/?institutionkey=24098

PS: Those 19 are all players who entered the transfer portal. The 19 does not include those NFL bound or who have graduated and used up their eligibility.

Edited by Mikey

9 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

Has any player that Harsin and staff recruited left the program?

Joko

• Like 1

@ZeekAnybody? There has been talk that Joko Willis and Jar'various Johnson entered the portal several days ago. I haven't seen this posted on the 247 site that tracks transfers. Is there official confirmation anywhere? Anybody know if those two are really gone or was the talk just speculation?

Seeing rumors on TNOS that a prominent name is possibly going to hit the portal. The name that has popped up was Wooden. J.Hoke said he has heard this as well. Any rumblings from all you insiders?

4 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Seeing rumors on TNOS that a prominent name is possibly going to hit the portal. The name that has popped up was Wooden. J.Hoke said he has heard this as well. Any rumblings from all you insiders?

I am not an insider but this is the name that has been mentioned unfortunately.

Edited by abw0004

He's been talked about for a minute...

On 2/6/2022 at 2:06 PM, W.E.D said:

Defense?  I'd guess that to be OP?  He seems like he's been pretty quiet & probably the only "prominent" person on defense.  I know Wooden maybe? 

@DAGknows

1 minute ago, Tigerpro2a said:

odd response

What is odd?

Wooden's name has been floated for a while.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tigerpro2a said:

When will Auburn stop the bleeding? When will someone or a group of someones step up and do whatever is necessary? The narrative that soft players are the ones leaving never was valid. Team leaders, former team captains and starters are leaving. Promising young guys who had a bright future at AU have left. Nine of those who bailed out on AU have already been signed by other P5 schools. Four others have signed with G5 schools.

We aren't losing a bunch of malcontents. The team is being gutted.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Dislike 1

6 minutes ago, Mikey said:

When will Auburn stop the bleeding? When will someone or a group of someones step up and do whatever is necessary? The narrative that soft players are the ones leaving never was valid. Team leaders, former team captains and starters are leaving. Promising young guys who had a bright future at AU have left. Nine of those who bailed out on AU have already been signed by other P5 schools. Four others have signed with G5 schools.

We aren't losing a bunch of malcontents. The team is being gutted.

I have to agree with this. The soft stuff was just something people made up to make themselves feel better.

• Like 5

There are only a small handful of guys on this roster that would be absolutely sickening to lose imo. Tank, Wooden, and D. Hall are the three that pop. Three bonafide studs that will definitely play on Sundays. 

In potentially good news though, I saw claims on another site that Joko Willis is still working out with the team and may have been talked into staying (he is a recruit of this staff). No idea if it's true so TIFWIW. 

Pretty soon our long snappers are not only going to have to play OL, but DL as well.  So essentially, they never leave the field.  

2 hours ago, cole256 said:

I have to agree with this. The soft stuff was just something people made up to make themselves feel better.

So current players were trying to make themselves feel better?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

So current players were trying to make themselves feel better?

About themselves absolutely. It doesn't even make sense to think you can judge a person by quality of living. A person can believe that they are not soft because they would live without something like air conditioning but I think the person that knows their options and made sure they wanted to live somewhere with air conditioning is just smarter. 

I'm also sure that some of the players that said what they said, would get their ass kicked by the so called soft guys as well.

Just the thought of a bunch of people who can't even do what's being discussed calling guys soft is just hilarious to me. Also the overall thought that guys who don't play think a coach yelling at you and don't listen to you makes you tough is funny as well. 

Edited by cole256
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1