Departures and Additions 2021-22 Postseason

Zeek

1 minute ago, JBiGGiE said:

Hate that my boy Worm didn't get more use, but one thing you can't take away is his Auburn legend status.

You don't Rock'em Sock'em Robots a first round corner and not be remembered forever.

SHivers has his legacy, and he was always always 100% going full throttle on every play. For that I appreciate him.

I think it's a good move on his part. He was basically used predominately as a 3rd down back.  I do think the rotation at RB was exactly the way it needed to be to get the most out of our running game, especially with a weak OL.

• Like 3

I’ll never understand the Canion situation. Surely he wasn’t so bad that he shouldn’t have gotten more time. He seemed to have all the tools.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, fasttimes said:

seems silly for shivers to leave, but what do i know.

He's got absolutely no hope of making an impact here. That much is clear. 

I've been as big a supporter as he's had since we recruited him but, for whatever the reasons are- we don't need to discuss it yet again here- he's not going to get meaningful reps over Tank, Hunter, or probably Alston after he gets here. He didn't under the last coach and he didn't under this coach.

If he goes somewhere else, he's at least giving himself a chance. And what is there to lose?

• Like 3

I honestly thought the portal hit would be worse.

Best of luck to all three. 

1 minute ago, AUDub said:

Still could be. It’s too early to relax lol

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, fasttimes said:

seems silly for shivers to leave, but what do i know.

He only had 14 rushes and 18 receptions the whole year.  Only so many touches to go around.

1 minute ago, Barnacle said:

If you watched Shaun at all this year, I think the only question people should be asking themselves is what can’t he do? 

I heard he can’t make an omelet, but that’s just a rumor.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Gonna miss Worm.  He will go down as one of our most under-utilized players of all time for me.

I'm a Worm fan, but he had NO lateral movement and seemed rigid trying to turn a corner. How was he under utilized? Who should he have replaced in the lineup? I love the energy that he played with, but never saw him as a feature back.  

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

to picking up enormous blocks in pass pro

We haven't talked about this nearly enough. That was the biggest knock on him coming into the season and, at a minimum, he ended up being adequate at it. I hope that plus whatever happens at his next stop fleshes out his resume enough to get him a real shot at the next level. And you already know I agree with all the personal superlatives.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, GAAubie said:

Who should he have replaced in the lineup?

For me, it's less about that than we just never could muster an offense that could take advantage of his skill set. 

I always go back to OMac and Cory Grant. Those guys wouldn't have supplanted the more traditional RBs that Worm has played behind, either. But they were in offenses that could take advantage of their explosiveness in other ways. Worm never was. 

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

When a senior and fan favorite hitting the portal shows up in the middle of the front page.

The end of Harsin's first season is almost as tumultuous as the end of his predecessor's last. 

It's probably a little to early for that yet.

Shivers is everything you want in a young man. I'm sure he's got his degree now, and it’s a very understandable move for him IMO to look for a better opportunity for himself. 

Some kids are steered to the portal. Shivers surely wasn't one of them.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

We haven't talked about this nearly enough. That was the biggest knock on him coming into the season and, at a minimum, he ended up being adequate at it. I hope that plus whatever happens at his next stop fleshes out his resume enough to get him a real shot at the next level. And you already know I agree with all the personal superlatives.

Oh I know I’m just preaching to the choir. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Mikey said:

I liked the guy from the day he committed to AU. (see avatar). However, two very different coaching staffs both saw him as a role player, not an every down back. Were they both wrong?

I saw him as a Darren Sproles type that you needed to get the ball to in space 8-12 times a game.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, GAAubie said:

I'm a Worm fan, but he had NO lateral movement and seemed rigid trying to turn a corner. How was he under utilized? Who should he have replaced in the lineup? I love the energy that he played with, but never saw him as a feature back.  

See my above post.

Go watch film of Darren Sproles with the Eagles or Saints.  That's how you use Shaun.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

10 minutes ago, AUDub said:

They'll be more to come. It's only beginning

17 minutes ago, Mikey said:

I liked the guy from the day he committed to AU. (see avatar). However, two very different coaching staffs both saw him as a role player, not an every down back. Were they both wrong?

Bingo. I love to bash Gus as much as the next guy, but Shivers was not his every down back because Shivers wasn't an every down back. Same goes for Harsin. He was never going to play long term over Tank and Hunter. 

He was still probably underutilized, but he was never going to be THE guy. 

I'm a big fan and hope he finds a place where he can thrive and send helmets flying. 

• Like 1

Just now, Brad_ATX said:

See my above post.

Go watch film of Darren Sproles with the Eagles or Saints.  That's how you use Shaun.

He is not Sproles. He was used as a 3rd down back and kick returner?   

3 minutes ago, ValleyTiger said:

It's probably a little to early for that yet.

Shivers is everything you want in a young man. I'm sure he's got his degree now, and it’s a very understandable move for him IMO to look for a better opportunity for himself. 

Some kids are steered to the portal. Shivers surely wasn't one of them.

I fully support Worm on this. And, like @steeleagle said, I also support the RB rotation this year. Questionable plays here or there aside, the offense (available talent) was what it was.

I do wish that we could have found Worm on a swing pass in the IB. Seems like two of our three biggest plays were some version of that (if you include the Lutz play to JSS), and I wish there would have been more. 

• Like 2