Departures and Additions 2021-22 Postseason

Zeek

3 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Name an instance where these type issues pop up when a program is winning

What type issues

Just now, cole256 said:

What type issues

The ones Harsin is dealing with. Not knowing how to relate to players,taking a hard A$$ approach, not showing respect, treating them like dogs etc.. Players weren't tweeting all that when AU was 6-2 ... It happened after the year was over and they were losing.. 

35 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

The ones Harsin is dealing with. Not knowing how to relate to players,taking a hard A$$ approach, not showing respect, treating them like dogs etc.. Players weren't tweeting all that when AU was 6-2 ... It happened after the year was over and they were losing.. 

Players were all still getting to know the coach, and if you aren't relating to players and they don't like you then good players aren't going to come to your program and you're not going to win. 

You name me winning teams with those type of coaches

9 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Players were all still getting to know the coach, and if you aren't relating to players and they don't like you then good players aren't going to come to your program and you're not going to win. 

You name me winning teams with those type of coaches

Why wasn't this popping up at the end of October when We were 6-2? My point being as long as your winning most if not all these things never become issues

Edited by NWALA Tiger

8 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Why wasn't this popping up at the end of October when We were 6-2? My point being as long as your winning most if not all these things never become issues

Because almost none of those people are still here but they were in late October?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Huh?

All of the issues you brought up as ones that Harsin is dealing with now were mostly brought up publicly by former players and coaches after the season. They also became somewhat intuitive to suspect once Mason left for a $400k pay cut at a lesser program in a less desirable part of the country. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

I guessed you missed it. It's the middle of a season in his first year. Guys aren't even sure who he is. It takes time to get to know a person.

Why would you talk about that stuff in the middle of a season anyway? Clearly you will wait until the off season.

• Like 1

Just now, McLoofus said:

All of the issues you brought up as ones that Harsin is dealing with now were mostly brought up publicly by former players and coaches after the season. They also became somewhat intuitive to suspect once Mason left for a $400k pay cut at a lesser program in a less desirable part of the country. 

Thus my point being. If there was mistreatment, verbal abuse etc.. why not bring that up when we were 6-2 and ranked 13th? Surely it was going on then too? Why wait till the end of the year?

11 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Why would you talk about that stuff in the middle of a season anyway? Clearly you will wait until the off season.

Why wait? If it's bad enuf get it out there. It seemed to be bad enuf to launch an investigation  that turned up nothing other than to drag the man and his family thru the mud.. 

6 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Thus my point being. If there was mistreatment, verbal abuse etc.. why not bring that up when we were 6-2 and ranked 13th? Surely it was going on then too? Why wait till the end of the year?

You've received a few answers now and are still asking, so I guess that's all for this sidebar. 

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I guessed you missed it. It's the middle of a season in his first year. Guys aren't even sure who he is. It takes time to get to know a person.

Ok so they didn't know him when we were 6-2, but they did know him when we were 6-7?. My point is simply winning cures most if not all ills.. Losing breeds frustration on all parties,  which leads to lashing out. Unfortunately,  this caused major damage to us that will take a long time to repair. I'm not gonna argue. U have your opinion. I have mine

Edited by NWALA Tiger
  • Like 1

Just now, NWALA Tiger said:

Why wait? If it's bad enuf get it out there. It seemed to be bad enuf to launch an investigation  that turned up nothing other than to drag the man and his family thru the mud.. 

it seems obvious and logical that players wouldn’t bring it up until they felt they would not receive implications from their opinions. Harsin definitely needs to modify the way things are. A lot of coaches (hard nosed ones) have systems in place to allow these type of feelings to be aired through elected leaders.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Because it's easy to pile on when things are going bad. It would take tremendous balls and stupidity to speak up when the team was riding high. Good way to be told to get in the portal and not get picked up by any other team. I think all of this is being overthought/analyzed by most of us. If he was "abusive" he would've been fired. Just think it's the result of a change to polar opposite personalities in Gus/Harsin. Social media amplified it. Hopefully lessons learned all around 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Ok so they didn't know him when we were 6-2, but they did know him when we were 6-7?. My point is simply winning cures most if not all ills.. Losing breeds frustration on all parties,  which leads to lashing out. Unfortunately,  this caused major damage to us that will take a long time to repair. I'm not gonna argue. U have your opinion. I have mine

Yes don't know him middle of the season, know him more at the end of the season when you've had some adversity. 

I don't disagree that losing brings frustration, I do disagree that if you win there's not a problem with being treated with dignity. And no we won't argue you'll have your opinion and I'll have mine. That's in all cases.

Yeah they just got together and lied on him

2 hours ago, cole256 said:

I have guys writing me in my PM's.......dude is probably 57 doing this 😂😂

Every time I get in an argument with you, I get at least 1 DM about you.  

• Like 1

I like where you're going with this.

One of the things smoke mentioned was the leadership group would have meetings with Harsin & expressed things, but he never listened to them.

So, after 8 games & consistent disrespect from Harsin it caused issues & why we lost 5 games in a row and had 20 ppl transferred. 

Just now, W.E.D said:

Every time I get in an argument with you, I get at least 1 DM about you.  

I really didn't know people get so bent when you disagree with them. Where I'm from it's just part of life. 

I do find it funny when people say you think you are always right.....who has the bigger ego the guy who thinks he's right and explains why or the guy that gets super upset that someone disagreed with them and think they don't have to justify their thoughts? 

I feel the people that feel like you are argumentative if you don't agree with them have the egos personally.

3 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I really didn't know people get so bent when you disagree with them. Where I'm from it's just part of life. 

I do find it funny when people say you think you are always right.....who has the bigger ego the guy who thinks he's right and explains why or the guy that gets super upset that someone disagreed with them and think they don't have to justify their thoughts? 

I feel the people that feel like you are argumentative if you don't agree with them have the egos personally.

Message board is literally a place to discuss and express opinions.  So don't get offended if I respond to you with something I don't agree with.  That's literally part of the platform...right?

it doesn't make sense to me.  Also find it funny the ppl that downvote and never ever comment.  That's cowardice.  Don't be scared to express yourself.

Also always laugh at the conversation police that narc to mods when you post too much about a subject.  @DAGknows.

• Like 2
  • Dislike 1

12 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Message board is literally a place to discuss and express opinions.  So don't get offended if I respond to you with something I don't agree with.  That's literally part of the platform...right?

it doesn't make sense to me.  Also find it funny the ppl that downvote and never ever comment.  That's cowardice.  Don't be scared to express yourself.

Also always laugh at the conversation police that narc to mods when you post too much about a subject.  @DAGknows.

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886tw0f3oiuclj3owrmf5

• Haha 1