Departures and Additions 2021-22 Postseason

Zeek

2 minutes ago, GAAubie said:

He is not Sproles. He was used as a 3rd down back and kick returner?   

Same build.  He's actually faster than Sproles.

Screen game, toss plays, and routes out of the backfield.  He's a matchup nightmare for linebackers.  That's how you use a guy like Shaun IMO.  You can't teach his speed and acceleration.

Edited by Brad_ATX
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

I saw him as a Darren Sproles type that you needed to get the ball to in space 8-12 times a game.

Kid is fast but he has no where near the lateral movement or shifty abilities of a sproles type player. 

Wish him the best

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Brad_ATX said:

Screen game, toss plays, and routes out of the backfield.  He's a matchup nightmare for linebackers.  That's how you use a guy like Shaun IMO.  You can't teach his speed and acceleration.

Just bc they are both short doesn't mean they are anything alike. They are completely different players 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, W.E.D said:

Just bc they are both short doesn't mean they are anything alike. They are completely different players 

They have similar attributes to me.  You can see something else and that's fine.  But there's a certain coach on this board who I know sees the same thing I do.

29 minutes ago, fasttimes said:

seems silly for shivers to leave, but what do i know.

I think it makes all the sense in the world for Shivers to transfer.  Transfer somewhere he can get more touches and be featured as a returner at a non-P5 school.  Can try and make the league from there.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Right. Worms looking to bust heads and run you over. Sproles was shifty and made people look silly when he has space. No knock against either, just different styles

• Like 3

On 11/28/2021 at 9:42 AM, Zeek said:

Players with a line through their name are not returning. Players' whose names are bolded will return for next season. 

Seniors and draft eligible players:

• Bo Nix - Junior - QB - Draft Eligible
  • Jalil Irvin - Junior - OL - Draft Eligible
  • Kilian Zierer - Junior - OL - Draft Eligible
  • Kameron Stutts - Junior - OL - Draft Eligible
  • Dre Butler - Junior - DL - Draft Eligible
  • Eku Leota - Junior - DL - Draft Eligible
  • Owen Pappoe - Junior - LB - Draft Eligible
  • Zion Puckett - Redshirt Sophomore - DB - Draft Eligible
  • Nehemiah Pritchett - Junior - DB - Draft Eligible
  • Jacob Quattlebaum - Junior - LS - Draft Eligible
  • Grant Loy - Senior - QB
  • Jacob Jasinski - Senior - RB
  • Demetris Robertson - Senior - WR
  • Malcolm Russell - Senior - WR
  • Jackson McFadden - Senior - WR
  • Shedrick Jackson - Senior - WR
  • Caylin Newton - Senior - WR
  • John Samuel-Shenker - Senior - TE
  • Hayden Brice - Senior - TE
  • Nick Brahms - Senior - OL
  • Brenden Coffey - Senior - OL
  • Tashawn Manning - Senior - OL
  • Brodarious Hamm - Senior - OL
  • Alex Jackson - Senior - OL
  • Austin Troxell - Senior - OL
  • David Shannon - Senior - OL
  • Brandon Council - Senior - OL
  • Tony Fair - Senior - DL
  • Marquis Burks - Senior - DL
  • TD Moultry - Senior - DL
  • Barton Lester - Senior - LB
  • Russ Logan - Senior - LB
  • Brooks Walton - Senior - LB
  • Chandler Wooten - Senior - LB
  • Dreshun Miller - Senior - CB
  • Zakoby McClain - Senior - LB
  • Malcolm Askew - Senior - DB
  • Bydarrius Knighten - Senior - DB
  • Smoke Monday - Senior - DB
  • Trey Elston - Senior - DB
  • Roger McCreary - Senior - DB
  • Devin Guice - Senior - DB
  • Anders Carlson - Senior - K
  • Aidan Marshall - Senior - P

Outgoing Transfer Portal:

• Shaun Shivers | RB 
  • Caleb Johnson | DL
  • Elijah Canion | WR

Incoming from the Transfer Portal:

•  

Current 2022 Signing Class:

• 4* QB Holden Geriner - commit
  • 4* RB Damari Alston - commit
  • 4* WR Omari Kelly - commit
  • 3* WR Jay Fair - commit
  • 3* TE Micah Riley-Ducker - commit
  • 3* OL Eston Harris Jr. - commit
  • 3* OL Drew Bobo - commit
  • 4* DL Caden Story - commit
  • 3* Powell Gordon - commit
  • 4* DB Tre Donaldson - commit
  • 3* DB Ja'Kobi Albert - commit
  • 3* DB Caleb Wooden - commit
  • 3* K Alex McPherson - commit

I believe all of our Juniors and Redshirt Sophomores will not yet declare for the NFL Draft. Owen Pappoe is the only one I think really might be likely to depart. Last I read he was leaning towards returning.

Will update this throughout the offseason/postseason.

Added Shivers, Canion, and Johnson to the transfer portal. Wish them luck and understand all three deciding to leave.

12 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

He is closer to Tristan Davis or Corey Grant. Not very elusive, but very good straight ahead speed. 

I'm a Worm fan, but never thought that he should have been on the field over Tank or JH.

Edited by GAAubie
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

They have similar attributes to me.  You can see something else and that's fine.  But there's a certain coach on this board who I know sees the same thing I do.

They don't tho.  They are both 5'6".  that's it.  Nothing else about them is similar.

It's like everyone trying to label any white LB the next Luke Kuechly.  It's a lazy comparison.  Shivers and Sproles are nothing alike. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

Think there are a handful more coming. Those three were expected IMO. 

I honestly didn't think of Shivers b/c I figured he was out of eligibility.  I figured 2021 was his last year anyways

I honestly didn't think of Shivers b/c I figured he was out of eligibility.  I figured 2021 was his last year anyways

He's doing exactly what I recommended Kam Martin should have done. Use that last year to transfer to a small program and be "that dude". Hope he chooses somewhere he can be the feature back.

Shivers will be an Auburn legend for that Iron Bowl hit and touchdown. He was underutilized but the potential for Tank and Jarquez are pretty high. Don't think he was ever going to overtake them at this point. I applaud Harsin for trying to get him on the field whether on 3rd down or Special teams. He'll be missed. As a senior he graduated an Auburn man. Hope someone picks him.  l The others, we'll never know. 

• Like 1

Lee Hunter is another name being rumored to enter the portal soon.

I would be surprised. Rumors are swirling around anyone with less than ideal playing time. Hunter had bad weight coming in so I wasn't surprised to see him redshirt.

Just now, Zeek said:

I would be surprised. Rumors are swirling around anyone with less than ideal playing time. Hunter had bad weight coming in so I wasn't surprised to see him redshirt.

I can understand guys Soph Year or later.  Freshman would be pretty disappointing.

• Like 1

Good luck fellas! I hope you find what you seek in life and on the field. Thank you for your contributions to Auburn Football! War Eagle!

• Like 2

Wishing these young men nothing but the best. I’ll always treasure Worm’s contribution to the team, with his hit in the IB as an exclamation point to the way he plays.

Edited by Tiger Refuge
Words and whatnot…
  • Like 5

Hunter should have gotten some run if it wasn’t but the 4 games allowed. If depth was an issue why not play the young guys. Can’t get better sitting on the bench. 

Edited by e808

2 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Poetry.

A really fitting thing would have been running that play again on 3 and 2 and something similar happens with him getting the first down