Departures and Additions 2021-22 Postseason

Zeek

1 minute ago, e808 said:

A really fitting thing would have been running that play again on 3 and 2 and something similar happens with him getting the first down

My wife would've kicked me out of the house. She was lucky to get the sullen, sad sack of uselessness that pinned the couch to the floor the rest of the night instead. 

• Haha 2

(And, @e808, we certainly should've come up with something better than we did. I wouldn't be surprised if some of the things that happened- and didn't happen- in that 4th quarter didn't break Bobo's the camel's back.)

50 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I fully support Worm on this. And, like @steeleagle said, I also support the RB rotation this year. Questionable plays here or there aside, the offense (available talent) was what it was.

I do wish that we could have found Worm on a swing pass in the IB. Seems like two of our three biggest plays were some version of that (if you include the Lutz play to JSS), and I wish there would have been more. 

God  knows I counted at least 3 times he was wide open and never once received a look.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, kevon67 said:

God  knows I counted at least 3 times he was wide open and never once received a look.

Add "played his last game- the freaking Iron Bowl- with a one legged backup QB" to the long list of injustices the kid endured here. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

Add "played his last game- the freaking Iron Bowl- with a one legged backup QB" to the long list of injustices the kid endured here. 

Sounds like a hellova introductory sentence to a story….

• Haha 2

Do most players who enter the portal do it fairly soon in order to have the best options available for them? Trying to determine when we will know the full extent of transfers (not coming to us but leaving us)

40 minutes ago, Zeek said:

He's doing exactly what I recommended Kam Martin should have done. Use that last year to transfer to a small program and be "that dude". Hope he chooses somewhere he can be the feature back.

He doesn't need a small program. He needs a BIG line. If he can find a program with a big line, he can have a great season. He needed a bit of a hole, he did not get that here. I hate it for him.

Canion showed he could catch the ball in traffic. That is not allowed around here. Good luck to him. 

Not sure how well Johnson was progressing.

2 minutes ago, BJCrawford said:

Do most players who enter the portal do it fairly soon in order to have the best options available for them? Trying to determine when we will know the full extent of transfers (not coming to us but leaving us)

Some do. Some wait until the spring to decide 

14 minutes ago, kevon67 said:

On the stupid 4th down play call at South Carolina, I do believe Shivers was the back and he was wide open in the flat for a sure 1st down. 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

First name that came to my mind when I heard this. Has never seemed to be sold on Auburn. Could be wrong though. That’s just my opinion.  

He wasn’t recruited by this staff but stuck to his commitment. Probably would have played more if Steele was here.

Good luck to all three. Smart for him to try and find somewhere that he can be a 1 or 2 back. With two talented backs coming in next year he would have had a very tough competition to hang on as the #3 back. Very real chance he could've fallen to fifth string. Wish him all the best

• RunInRed changed the title to Canion, Shivers and Caleb Johnson hit the Transfer Portal

I don´t blame Shivers for transferring. His role became more and more limited during his years at Auburn. I hope he ends up somewhere where his talents will be better utilized and he´ll get the ball a lot more. I could see him at UCF or somewhere similar.

2 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

I saw him as a Darren Sproles type that you needed to get the ball to in space 8-12 times a game.

And Noel Devine. 

• Like 1

I would pump the brakes on rumors of players leaving a little though. Have been reading everything posted lately by different sites and people who usually know and haven't seen any key names even mentioned. Lee Hunter has been more of a guess by fans thinking of players who haven't gotten a lot of reps compared to their ratings.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Zeek said:

I would pump the brakes on rumors of players leaving a little though. Have been reading everything posted lately by different sites and people who usually know and haven't seen any key names even mentioned. Lee Hunter has been more of a guess by fans thinking of players who haven't gotten a lot of reps compared to their ratings.

Agreed. I think every time a fan thinks of that kind of guy, we're going to see this conversation.