Departures and Additions 2021-22 Postseason

Zeek

19 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

What’s silly about it? He wasn’t getting carries 

why wasn't he getting carries do you think?

my guess is he will likely not go do a smaller/lower level school but try to go to a bigger school and end up in the same spot. i hope im wrong. i really like him.

1 minute ago, fasttimes said:

my guess is he will likely not go do a smaller/lower level school but try to go to a bigger school and end up in the same spot. i hope im wrong. i really like him.

My guess is he will go to the school that will give him the best chance to showcase his skill set. 

Edited by DAG
  • Like 2

50 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

I expect it to be one of the biggest and most physical in the sec next year . 

Man that would be awesome. We really need to get a good center first and foremost. I hope that is where we are working the back channels the hardest

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, DAG said:

USF sure could’ve used him last week 

I expect him to look for an offense that likes jet sweeps alot. 

Mmmmm..would he go back to being with Gus? 

He was used the exact same way with Gus, except we threw to him more in Harsin's offense...

1 minute ago, steeleagle said:

I expect him to look for an offense that likes jet sweeps alot. 

Mmmmm..would he go back to being with Gus? 

He was used the exact same way with Gus, except we threw to him more in Harsin's offense...

I would not surprise me one bit if he went back to Gus like Bo will 

4 hours ago, fishepa said:

Damn, gonna miss Worm.  

Me too. He was definitely a fan favorite. But I understand his decision. Actually, he stuck around much longer than many others would have. I hope to see him with a team that will utilize his talents a lot more than our coaches did.

5 hours ago, McLoofus said:

When a senior and fan favorite hitting the portal shows up in the middle of the front page.

The end of Harsin's first season is almost as tumultuous as the end of his predecessor's last. 

Makes you think brother! Makes you think 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I’ll never understand the Canion situation. Surely he wasn’t so bad that he shouldn’t have gotten more time. He seemed to have all the tools.

Zero big bodied receivers would be used throughout entire games. And him and Capers still couldn’t see targets. Just agonizing (what’s even worse is King proved he was a future stud and didn’t see damn near any looks in November after coming on in October) 

7 hours ago, woodford said:

Not the 2019 Iron Bowl?

My ticket was invalidated for that game so I cannot speak to it off of first hand experience, but it seems like that game was very similar to this previous Iron Bowl, once this Iron Bowl got into full gear. Maybe that one was better with the swings and such, but any time I talk to a student that was here then, they praise that 2019 UGA game as their best atmosphere (other than the ones that went in 2017). 

And I feel like most of those individuals are just thinking about the 4th quarter. That was NOT a very interested crowd throughout the 2 middle quarters. But the white out + that euphoric comeback…hey 

2 hours ago, fasttimes said:

He got pigeonholed into that 3rd down role catching passes and couldn’t break away from it. He got pigeonholed the same way Gus would do his players 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I’ll never understand the Canion situation. Surely he wasn’t so bad that he shouldn’t have gotten more time. He seemed to have all the tools.

Wherever he goes I expect him to ball out. I never understood that either. We had big bodied receivers on the roster and never used them when we really needed them

I cant help but think of the Dr. Pepper commercial except when he says "Rico out!" he gets pummeled by about 4 dudes coming through the portal. 

17 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

He got pigeonholed into that 3rd down role catching passes and couldn’t break away from it. He got pigeonholed the same way Gus would do his players 

He was our best back in Passpro. He blocked more on 3rd than he ever released for routes.  

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

I wouldn't call it pigeon-holed into it.

He was under 2 different coaches in 2 different offenses, and he still got used in the ways he probably needed to be used in a P5 conference.

If anything, Harsin at least allowed him to catch some screens, which he never did under Gus. 

He would excel on a team that is predominantly run oriented with a mainly running QB. Anything else and he will be in the same situation as he was under Gus and Harsin.

If you could only keep either Bo or Tank, who would you choose and why? I say Bo but only because of the improvement he made this season. Tank is my favorite player on offense and he is a beast but ... our oline is not built for him and I don't see that changing next season. Here's to hoping we keep both as well as OP on the d.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, tbone4jc said:

If you could only keep either Bo or Tank, who would you choose and why? I say Bo but only because of the improvement he made this season. Tank is my favorite player on offense and he is a beast but ... our oline is not built for him and I don't see that changing next season. Here's to hoping we keep both as well as OP on the d.

For me, Tank. He is our best player on offense by far. Jarquez is a better #2 than Finley for their respective positions, but we need to keep the RB room stacked, especially if Damari needs time.

I want to keep Bo, but I think Harsin and the new OC could pretty easily lure a good portal QB here that fits their system. Heck, they may want their own QB anyways since Harsin's cleaning house. Not sure if any stud RB's would want to come compete with Hunter, Alston, and co

• Like 1

Hate to see Worm go.  That hit he laid in the ‘19 Iron Bowl will forever live in Auburn lore.  It might be the only AU sports picture to end up on my walls.  

Best of luck to him in his future endeavors.   He strikes me as the type of person who will find success in whatever he decides.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

He was our best back in Passpro. He blocked more on 3rd than he ever released for routes.  

He was also one of the faster players on the team. You think you’d use your speed guy on more than just pass blocking 

• Like 1

I’m not exactly sure how it went down, but it could be that Worm was doing us a favor. Being a SR and. It expected to return anyway, he enters the portal to help ensure that we get our 7 extra spots for incoming transfers.   🤷‍♂️    One thing is for sure, Worm will always be a fan favorite regardless of his future endeavors!   War Eagle Worm!

Zakoby is an absolute beast and I wish him well in the pros.   He’s undersized for an NFL LB, and I’m not sure he has the speed to play S in the NFL, but I’ve got a feeling he’ll find a way.  Very few play with the heart and guts that ZM displays!!!

4 minutes ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

I’m not exactly sure how it went down, but it could be that Worm was doing us a favor. Being a SR and. It expected to return anyway, he enters the portal to help ensure that we get our 7 extra spots for incoming transfers.   🤷‍♂️    One thing is for sure, Worm will always be a fan favorite regardless of his future endeavors!   War Eagle Worm!

Zakoby is an absolute beast and I wish him well in the pros.   He’s undersized for an NFL LB, and I’m not sure he has the speed to play S in the NFL, but I’ve got a feeling he’ll find a way.  Very few play with the heart and guts that ZM displays!!!

We were going to hit 7 without Shivers