Potential OCs for 2022?

AUApostle

Not sure if Bobo is retained or if he leaves, but it seems like a great idea to speculate on who his replacement will be if he does leave for other pastures.

1. Keisau - seems logical to promote Eric and hire a new WR coach.

2. ??? That's all I've got.

3 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

Don’t really believe Bono goes anywhere unless he gets a HC offer.

Quite a many G5 openings... Has Jax St. found a new coach yet?

4 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

That man is never gonna get a HC offer again, he needs to ride off in to the sunset and leave football behind. He had his glory years many moons ago the game has passed him by. I hope and pray Harsin gets rid of him and also hope he doesn't just promote keisau.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Hank2020 said:

I think he hangs around for awhile with his son.

7 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

Not really gonna be his choice 

• Like 1

Just now, autiger88 said:

That man is never gonna get a HC offer again, he needs to ride off in to the sunset and leave football behind. He had his glory years many moons ago the game has passed him by. I hope and pray Harsin gets rid of him and also hope he doesn't just promote keisau.

Obviously we disagree but we all have opinions.

Just now, Hank2020 said:

Obviously we disagree but we all have opinions.

Oh you again. I swear you end up on all the Bobo threads defending him. Lol it's ok we already know we disagree 🤣

Just now, autiger88 said:

Oh you again. I swear you end up on all the Bobo threads defending him. Lol it's ok we already know we disagree 🤣

That’s just bc I read all the threads!!

• Love 1

17 minutes ago, bigbird said:

We're there some questionable calls this season? Absolutely. There are always questionable calls over the course of every season. However, the majority of his play calls and rhythm, for the most part, would have been much more successful with better execution. The more they have time within the system the better the calls will look.

Is Bobo the answer at OC? Maybe, maybe not but he isn't the answer to what's actually wrong with the offense.

And why this is so difficult for people to understand baffles me. With Nix out it was even more glaring the issues on offense we had mainly in the trenches. Another unpopular opinion but I would not be shocked if this was Nix last season at Auburn also.

• Like 3

Many teams have found that firing Mike Bobo is, actually, the answer. 

Whatever our other problems, Bobo will never deliver us a great offense.  We should be looking for better.  

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, AURealist said:

Many teams have found that firing Mike Bobo is, actually, the answer. 

Whatever our other problems, Bobo will never deliver us a great offense.  We should be looking for better.  

We’re getting off topic talking about Bobo…but I will say that you’re spot on.  He doesn’t seem to have a great feel for the flow of the game…unless Harsin is overriding him.  Needs to also do a better job of catering playcalling to the personnel available to him.

Back on topic… Briles, Grimes, who else should be considered?

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, bigbird said:

We're there some questionable calls this season? Absolutely. There are always questionable calls over the course of every season. However, the majority of his play calls and rhythm, for the most part, would have been much more successful with better execution. The more they have time within the system the better the calls will look.

Is Bobo the answer at OC? Maybe, maybe not but he isn't the answer to what's actually wrong with the offense.

Keep on preaching, been saying the same thing.

• Like 1

Briles, Grimes, Lebby all should be contacted. My #1 guy is Art Briles but Auburn would never do that.

A few of us have said it before but he won’t come here, Dell McGee. Don’t know if they would gamble with him in a coordinator role. 

• Like 2

I'd go with Art Briles.  I'm sure he's love to be back running a college O to end his career.  Don't know why baby Briles would make the switch. 

You gotta remember that Bobo and Friend are basically a package. So if Bobo is run off we'll need to replace both. Logically, my guess would be Kiesau to OC and Bedell to OL. According to Boise fans, Bedell is an awful OL coach. Herb Hand level bad. Friend at least had us playing with better technique. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, woodford said:

Briles, Grimes, Lebby all should be contacted. My #1 guy is Art Briles but Auburn would never do that.

A few of us have said it before but he won’t come here, Dell McGee. Don’t know if they would gamble with him in a coordinator role. 

Yes, Auburn would never and should never hire a guy who looked the other way as his players raped women.

Grimes might be out of a job or could follow Aranda to his next spot.

We had a chance to hire Lebby but he either turned us down or Harsin didn't want him. Lebby isn't going to leave Ole Miss unless it's for a HC job and it might be soon. He'll be a nice option for a lot of schools bc UFC's QB will go with him.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, W.E.D said:

Yes, Auburn would never and should never hire a guy who looked the other way as his players raped women.

Grimes might be out of a job or could follow Aranda to his next spot.

We had a chance to hire Lebby but he either turned us down or Harsin didn't want him. Lebby isn't going to leave Ole Miss unless it's for a HC job and it might be soon. He'll be a nice option for a lot of schools bc UFC's QB will go with him.

Art Briles was cleared. Quit reading Mark Schlabach.

• Like 5