Potential OCs for 2022?

AUApostle

Rumor has it, Andy Reid has agreed to become Auburn's OC. Salary TBD but ⅓ of it must be paid in the form of Moe's BBQ and Voodoo Wings.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, JBiGGiE said:

Rumor has it, Andy Reid has agreed to become Auburn's OC. Salary TBD but ⅓ of it must be paid in the form of Moe's BBQ and Voodoo Wings.

Or ...

I'll take Eric Bieniemy! ;)

• Like 2
  • Dislike 1

14 hours ago, steeleagle said:

So do all the following OC possible choices seem a better fit and provide a better option than Bobo to you guys?

Kiseau

Wells

Hill

Ludwig

Harrell

Given the second half results this year, a box of dog leavings is a better option than Mike Bobo. 

Edited by Auctoritas
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Beaker said:

yeah, I know pipe dream.

I thought Dell was Co OC.   I haven't read that, so i am probably wrong.   I just know he is a talent magnet and figured Harsin and company would ensure he was successful. 

Thanks

I think that the talk was that IF he came here, he'd probably have to be co-OC with Kiesau given the lack of play calling experience. Which, to be fair, has shown some success in places. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, cbo said:

Agree. Les Miles and Ed O are pretty bad HC's and they both won national championships. I expect Kelly to be a major upgrade and I do not like it one bit. 

The thing I tell myself that probably isn't true is that Miles and Orgeron were mostly successful because they were able to tap into that extremely specific LSU mindset and culture. There's more to it- Orgeron obviously had to have Joes Burrow and Brady at exactly the right moment to win his- but more or less the gumbo recipe down there is 99% local talent and 1% just embracing the insanity. Letting the inmates run the asylum. That 2019 team was the only one that seemed to win with Xs and Os. Their other best teams have just been about sheer athleticism and swag. It all comes down to 'Neck'. It's probably mainly the Miles era that has me thinking that way, because that doofus never once outcoached an opponent on game day. 

Anyway. Kelly seems like the antithesis of Miles and Orgeron. He seems like a joyless prison warden. saban minus the charisma. Maybe it will work. I can see that translating well in South Bend. We know LSU's going to be talented and physical and probably more disciplined than they've been in awhile. But we'll see if Louisisana kids actually *want* to play for him. 

Again, this is what I tell myself. 

• Like 5

34 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

He seems like a joyless prison warden.

That's rich. They ought to put your mouth in the circus. ( 😉Cinderella Man)

Edited by creed

4 minutes ago, creed said:

That's rich. They ought to put your mouth in the circus. ( 😉Cinderella Man)

except the circus is in my mouth wait what why did I just say that

I was starting to think Harsin was a joyless prison warden (no emotion on the sidelines, stadium stair runs). But the players seem to like him a lot after a big win. Locker room video is crazy! 😂

• Like 1

21 hours ago, EagleEye67 said:

“The Bitterness of Poor Quality Remains Long After the Sweetness of Low Price is Forgotten”

Yet true happiness is finding good quality at a fair price point.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, 3rdgeneration said:

I was starting to think Harsin was a joyless prison warden (no emotion on the sidelines, stadium stair runs). But the players seem to like him a lot after a big win. Locker room video is crazy! 😂

Same.

As for Kelly, lots and lots of unflattering stories out there. But the most telling one, which isn't a story but a fact, is that his staff isn't following him to BR despite being offered raises. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

The thing I tell myself that probably isn't true is that Miles and Orgeron were mostly successful because they were able to tap into that extremely specific LSU mindset and culture. There's more to it- Orgeron obviously had to have Joes Burrow and Brady at exactly the right moment to win his- but more or less the gumbo recipe down there is 99% local talent and 1% just embracing the insanity. Letting the inmates run the asylum. That 2019 team was the only one that seemed to win with Xs and Os. Their other best teams have just been about sheer athleticism and swag. It all comes down to 'Neck'. It's probably mainly the Miles era that has me thinking that way, because that doofus never once outcoached an opponent on game day. 

Anyway. Kelly seems like the antithesis of Miles and Orgeron. He seems like a joyless prison warden. saban minus the charisma. Maybe it will work. I can see that translating well in South Bend. We know LSU's going to be talented and physical and probably more disciplined than they've been in awhile. But we'll see if Louisisana kids actually *want* to play for him. 

Again, this is what I tell myself. 

Good points that I had not considered. It is a very specific culture and who knows if Kelly will fit. He will have the talent though and he has won everywhere he's been. Will be interesting. 

And now I'm imagining a joyful prison warden. There has to be one out there, right? Just a carefree dude, loves prison wardenin'. 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, cbo said:

Good points that I had not considered. It is a very specific culture and who knows if Kelly will fit. He will have the talent though and he has won everywhere he's been. Will be interesting. 

And now I'm imagining a joyful prison warden. There has to be one out there, right? Just a carefree dude, loves prison wardenin'. 

Maybe we need a dedicated Cool Hand Luke thread. Shawshank Redemption posts will be tolerated. Hogan's Heroes posts will not. 

• Love 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Maybe we need a dedicated Cool Hand Luke thread. Shawshank Redemption posts will be tolerated. Hogan's Heroes posts will not. 

I'll bring the eggs!

• Haha 1

Guest MustardSeed
36 minutes ago, cbo said:

76916B6E-4A45-4493-99D1-D5FC7A1B98D5.jpeg

17 hours ago, DAG said:

None of those are remotely realistic options . Come on now 

"May I have Offensive Coordinators for $100?"

the Daily Double says, "Name an OC that can do these three things:

• make a DC nervous
  • attract talent 
  • use the TE without apology"

"Who is Graham Harrell?" 

ding - ding - ding!   and I think this is realistic.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, cbo said:

Agree. Les Miles and Ed O are pretty bad HC's and they both won national championships. I expect Kelly to be a major upgrade and I do not like it one bit. 

He had great talent at ND and played a  much weaker schedule.

I don't fear Kelly

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Beaker said:

I hear your....it's who I want.

I will settle for Graham Harrell

The biggest hurdle to cross is Graham's first coach was Lincoln Riley. There is a very high chance he is retained as the USC coordinator.

• Angry 1

2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Same.

As for Kelly, lots and lots of unflattering stories out there. But the most telling one, which isn't a story but a fact, is that his staff isn't following him to BR despite being offered raises. 

I’ve heard that Kelly’s coordinators were in in the running for the position he vacated, and that anyone that wasn’t selected would be joining him at LSU.  

1 minute ago, gctiger said:

I’ve heard that Kelly’s coordinators were in in the running for the position he vacated, and that anyone that wasn’t selected would be joining him at LSU.  

Ahhh. I could be wrong about that. Wouldn't be the first time I put too much faith in Twitter.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, gctiger said:

Looking like Freeman will be HC. Rees is staying along with 3-4 others so far.

• Like 1

My source was radio sports talk so any source is likely just speculation at this point, though we will likely know for certain very soon.  

• Like 1

Check out this article from 2014 on Best College Offensive Coordinators:

Mike Bobo, Rhett Lashlee, Chad Morris......

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2101236-the-15-best-offensive-coordinators-in-college-football

Edited by japantiger
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1
  • Sad 1