Potential OCs for 2022?

AUApostle

6 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Which frat?

ATO. Born as Tau, raised in a cave, beer and .... is all I crave...

Edited by Didba

23 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

It doesn’t seem to have hurt Clemson especially since Dabo is not necessarily an offensive guru.

Well Clemson’s guy just officially left today 

we haven’t had a guy for two weeks. Also Clemson is in an entirely different echelon as a program, in recruiting and on the field, than us as of late

1 hour ago, Didba said:

I respect the opinions of the guys on the WarRapport and while they tend to be more optimistic, the past week they have alluded to the strong potential for Auburn to hit on almost every recruit left on our board and if that happens we will be close to the top 10.  Plus, I like to not have knee-jerk doomer reactions to everything especially when I think Harsin is the guy.  

MikeG had a twinkle in his eye when he discussed his off the record convo with Harsin after the Iron Bowl.  MikeG liked Harsin but wasn't sold on him, after that convo it was clear, whatever Harsin had to say to MikeG in their 15 minutes had a major impact on MikeG believing Harsin is the guy. He implied that Harsin was very intense in a 1 on 1 setting.

Good to know. What episode was that? 

4 minutes ago, SRBautigerfan said:

AJC just confirmed UGA DC has been hired by Oregon.  Coaches leaving voluntarily and now this hire... red flags going off in Oregon.

Or Georgia

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Didba said:

That's to bad. J/K We use to fight the ATO's all the times at the old house location you guys were next door to us Theta Chi

1 hour ago, Didba said:

When we’re you there?  Were you there back when they had the White House behind Chick Fil A?

1 hour ago, augolf1716 said:

Theta Chi

My uncle is one of the founding members for Auburn’s chapter.  Wrestled for Auburn as well.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, johnnyAU said:

No worries. I got the reference, I just wanted the chance to counter the Rock with a little Stone Cold. You can never have enough.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

image.gif.dc7d0ba449b071278f1e5a4cd524436c.gif

13 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

When we’re you there?  Were you there back when they had the White House behind Chick Fil A?

My uncle is one of the founding members for Auburn’s chapter.  Wrestled for Auburn as well.

late 60's and there where no Chick Fil A back in my day. What's your uncles name?

1 hour ago, SRBautigerfan said:

AJC just confirmed UGA DC has been hired by Oregon.  Coaches leaving voluntarily and now this hire... red flags going off in Oregon.

The AJC ran with it, but since then there have been multiple reports from all over refuting it so who knows.  

https://247sports.com/Article/Reports-refute-news-of-Oregon-hiring-Georgia-DC-Dan-Lanning-177966199/

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, auburnfaithful72 said:

My Father-in-law died today and havent been on here today but I am hearing Austin Davis is going to be the OC.. its in the works.. has anyone else heard that? 

I read somewhere that Harsin had a long conversation over the phone and there could be plans to meet when the Seahawks play Houston.

So sorry about your father in law.  

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

late 60's and there where no Chick Fil A back in my day. What's your uncles name?

PM sent

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, auburnfaithful72 said:

My Father-in-law died today and havent been on here today but I am hearing Austin Davis is going to be the OC.. its in the works.. has anyone else heard that? 

Sorry to hear about your Father in law. Prayers for your family. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Well Clemson’s guy just officially left today 

we haven’t had a guy for two weeks. Also Clemson is in an entirely different echelon as a program, in recruiting and on the field, than us as of late

I understand, but the point is I don’t think recruits are as concerned about who the OC is as much as what school they are committing to.

3 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

I understand, but the point is I don’t think recruits are as concerned about who the OC is as much as what school they are committing to.

With Clemson, I would definitely be concerned as a recruit who their coordinators are.  Their staff has been extremely stable and all of a sudden, its a total rebuild by a CEO type coach who has never run an offense or a defense.  

I think its different with Harsin as everyone knows what his offensive identity is and worst case, you have a HC in place who was a highly successful and proven OC.  Same with coaches like Saban and Kirby on the other side of the ball….regardless of who is DC, you pretty much know what kind of defense they are going to be running. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, AEAugirl said:

With Clemson, I would definitely be concerned as a recruit who their coordinators are.  Their staff has been extremely stable and all of a sudden, its a total rebuild by a CEO type coach who has never run an offense or a defense.

One would think a recruit on the offensive side would be worried, but they just landed 4* WR Ahthony Williams we have been eyeing with such instability.  I don’t think he is too worried about who the next OC will be for Clemson, he just liked the school IMO.

33 minutes ago, auburnfaithful72 said:

Whoever the OC ends up being has a great qb coming to work with.. Holden Geriner.. Did anyone see the highlights of his championship game? wow

I don't think we're excited enough about him.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I don't think we're excited enough about him.

He looks ready to step in and compete as soon as he learns the playbook.. His eyes and ability to stay focused and go through his progressions and his ball placement is exciting to see.. definitely an upgrade at the Qb position

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, auburnfaithful72 said:

Sorry man. 

• Like 2

I bet Harsin is going to wait until Bama plays in the semi final game and then spring the news on the world that we hire somebody from Idaho… but …not for OC. No-No that will have to wait. Next level thinking!