Potential OCs for 2022?

AUApostle

3 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

Never has there been a more pointless 78 page thread. 

Don’t start getting cocky. There have been so many pointless threads…. Maybe not 78 pages-pointless, but pretty damn pointless nonetheless 

• Love 1
  • Haha 2

I have heard that the original plan was to hire the ASU OC, but it did not clear compliance.

The name I’m hearing most is Mike Denbrock. (OC Bearcats)

That said (written), I’m expecting a promotion from within the program. 

TIFWIW. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, passthebiscuits said:

I have heard that the original plan was to hire the ASU OC, but it did not clear compliance.

TIFWIW. 

I heard somewhere (ha) that the OC choice might somewhat depend on Bo's decision. Please tell me this is not true. 

2 minutes ago, cbo said:

I heard somewhere (ha) that the OC choice might somewhat depend on Bo's decision. Please tell me this is not true. 

I’m pretty sure this is beyond silly season for rumors, and that will prove to not be true. 

4 minutes ago, cbo said:

I don't know if you are jk but just in case I'll answer, No it's not true in the slightest. 

Edited by autiger88

4 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

I don't know if you are jk but just in case I'll answer, No it's not true in the slightest. 

From a logical standpoint, you are almost certainly correct. But it came from a reliable source, so I was hoping to clear it up. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, japantiger said:

image.jpeg.808164f1b981aa571f8401d0d75c2ef5.jpeg

I think you're trying to insult me but no one can read this. 

I don't just make stuff up. It came from a reliable source that the board trusts. I doubt it is true either, but stranger things have happened. 

• Like 1

Guest MustardSeed

Good grief guys. There are younger kids reading this board. Carry yourselves with at least a smidgeon of respect and perhaps at least attempt to treat each other with some as well

1 hour ago, passthebiscuits said:

TIFWIW. 

Most AU mods think Austin Davis after the NFL season. Works for me. I'm good with a up and comer and no retread. You can take chances on inexperienced OC's with a offensive head coach.

• Like 5

55 minutes ago, metafour said:

Whatever rock I hid for about a year? I'm on here almost every day dipshit. You're the biggest ******* moron that posts on here, bud. You still balls-deep on Gus Malzahn's **** or what LOL? 

You're by far the most condescending person on this entire forum. You make good points sometimes. Other times you don't. Either way, you present it like it like it came down from heaven above. And if you are slightly challenged, you disappear. Pretty weak, IMO. 

• Love 1

9 hours ago, metafour said:

It's not any different, and if you believe otherwise, you don't understand football.

Max Johnson entered this season as being "the guy" at LSU. Their fans couldn't shut up about him. "Max Johnson is so great! He's way better than Brennan and TJ Finley!" Now Max Johnson is in the transfer portal and the sentiment from LSU fans is that he sucks and that the true freshman that came into the game late in the season is better than him, and that it's no loss at all that he's leaving. It took less than one season to go from "the next great LSU QB" to "we're getting better because he's leaving".

Welcome to being a QB.

Brad Johnson played at LSU? Hmm. Who knew…

6 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

Love it. I remember him at Southern Miss the last time they were good. His senior season they won the conference USA title. Won 11 games and on the back of Austin Davis got Larry Fedora the UNC job.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

I’m on board, his upside is very high.

This means that Harsin will get to put more of his offense in.

I would look for an impact QB transfer to be our starter next season.

Why would people think we would get a quote "splash offensive coordinator hire"?  We are bringing in someone to help run HARSIN'S offense not bring in his own offense.  Getting a quality quarterback coach and a highly capable recruiter has always been the most realistic option.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 1

7 minutes ago, AubieinNC2009 said:

All signs are pointing fo Austin Davis meaning more Harsin

At this point that is better than I’d expect. Whoever it is will have nothing to work with, tough job.

Guest MustardSeed
13 hours ago, fredst said:

Don’t start getting cocky. There have been so many pointless threads…. Maybe not 78 pages-pointless, but pretty damn pointless nonetheless 

I remember lurking on a Lache Seastruck one some time back 😂

3 minutes ago, MustardSeed said:

I remember lurking on a Lache Seastruck one some time back 😂

That was the Wade Christopher of pointless threads

• Love 2
  • Haha 1