Bobo out as OC

Tony4AU

What if Harsin decides to be the OC himself?  I doubt he tinkers around with Mason’s defense.  He may feel like he could do a better job with the offense himself.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MustardSeed said:

🤷‍♂️  The whole post?  Most of it is just facts. Harsin isn’t going to Washington (they’ve hired someone), DD just said on Twitter he committed to AU, not the coaches…Harsin just fired his second coach proving he admits mistakes and there haven’t been any credible inside reports in a while. Just false rumors.  I’m personally enjoying that most people have no clue what’s going on with Harsin and his staff

Yes these are all defacto, but I never saw an insider deviate from any of them, anyway moot point

Just now, jAUSon said:

I remember you telling this, I couldn't resist bringing it up one last time lol. So was she jeezy with Golf?

Ewwww... that's a little creepy for me to consider! No offense to Golf, of course! 😂

9 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

Who? I seriously don’t know who either one of those people are…

Zak Hill was OC with Harsin at Boise and went to Arizona St.  

Brennan Carroll is OC at Arizona but his first season.  Maybe be good hire for WR.  

Edited by Tony4AU
Typo

47 minutes ago, MustardSeed said:

DD as good as gone (just debunked by himself)

This was actually stated by a reasonably reliable “insider”. Won’t reference the thread or the poster but this was the post: He isn't gone from the team but is going to go after the season. Told this a couple months ago

Edited by fredst

59 minutes ago, weagl1 said:

We sure are paying a lot of money to guys not to coach.

We? We aren’t paying anything lol. 

• Love 1
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, JMassie11 said:

And Rich Rod named HC for JSU 😳

Priming himself up to get called up after Saban retires

2 hours ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

And THIS, folks, is what accountability looks like. 

HUGE for Harsin.

Harsin was told to fire BoBo and to make changes elsewhere or he would be fired. Harsin fired Bobo as a move to save his own job. I’m ok with that but I don’t think it changes the game. I’m pretty sure at this point that Harsin is not capable of handling the SEC West nor Alabama on a long term deal. He will by a year but he will be gone by the end of 2022. Mark it down. 

• Haha 5
  • Facepalm 6
  • Sad 1
  • Dislike 3

Never was enamored with the hire from the start. So, not heartbroken over this, but concerned about the signal it sends to potential hires to bail on an OC after one season when there were clearly personnel issues contributing to lack of offensive consistency.

2 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Harsin was told to fire BoBo and to make changes elsewhere or he would be fired. Harsin fired Bobo as a move to save his own job. I’m ok with that but I don’t think it changes the game. I’m pretty sure at this point that Harsin is not capable of handling the SEC West nor Alabama on a long term deal. He will by a year but he will be gone by the end of 2022. Mark it down. 

Who told you that? Let me guess, inside source?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

4 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

There is no way Harsin should've been fired after this year. For as hard as I am on him, I do think we're going to need to give him at least through 2023. If by then it's still no go, fine. But we HAVE to convey that we give coaches a chance.

Edited by AUwent
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Don’t buy this at all. 
he doesn’t come across as a man that lets others tell him who to fire hire as he is now a HC. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

You’d love for that scenario to play out though. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

If they could just fire like normal jobs this would fly. But you really think they are going to say that knowing they would have to buy him out for millions to fire him .

39 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

I’m guessing it won’t be Tony Franklin 😅

The last I saw of him, he had an armful  of study material. Maybe he’s ready by now? 

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, AUwent said:

There is no way Harsin should've been fired after this year. For as hard as I am on him, I do think we're going to need to give him through 2023.

Oh I’m not disagreeing with giving him another year, especially with all the good coaching jobs available this year we probably couldn’t get a decent coach anyway. What I said is he won’t improve and we will be sitting at 6/6 next year and their is no way the money guys are going to put up with that. As I said, this gig just isn’t for Harsin. He would do ok in one of the other water downed conferences just as Gus would. Not everyone is cut out for this big league we play in. 

• Facepalm 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Farmer Brown said:

Who told you that? Let me guess, inside source?

Insider source - his imagination 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, eagle12 said:

If they could just fire like normal jobs this would fly. But you really think they are going to say that knowing they would have to buy him out for millions to fire him .

😂🤣😂 you did see where we paid Gus 20 million to leave last year right ? Harsin’s buy out is less than 10 million. It sounds like a lot to you but try and remember AU football is hundreds of million dollar value every year . The school takes in about 150 million and the local economy takes in 5 times that. 10 million is no big deal. And also remember even Gus had to agree to hiring and firing  certain people . You guys need to wake up to the real world of college football. 

3 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Oh I’m not disagreeing with giving him another year, especially with all the good coaching jobs available this year we probably couldn’t get a decent coach anyway. What I said is he won’t improve and we will be sitting at 6/6 next year and their is no way the money guys are going to put up with that. As I said, this gig just isn’t for Harsin. He would do ok in one of the other water downed conferences just as Gus would. Not everyone is cut out for this big league we play in. 

Money guys need to pay up for a proven, big name then, which they haven't done historically. I'm not buying it. No point in churning through unproven coaches every 3 years. Pay up for big name or STFU. Harsin gets 4 years unless 2023 is Gene Chizik abysmal.

• Like 1