Bobo out as OC

Tony4AU

17 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Harsin was told to fire BoBo and to make changes elsewhere or he would be fired. Harsin fired Bobo as a move to save his own job. I’m ok with that but I don’t think it changes the game. I’m pretty sure at this point that Harsin is not capable of handling the SEC West nor Alabama on a long term deal. He will by a year but he will be gone by the end of 2022. Mark it down. 

season 8 friends GIF

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Haha 4

The more I read the more I think we could know as early as tomorrow morning who the new OC is.  You need to lock down recruiting and you can start to work with the offense next week for bowl practice.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

😂🤣😂 you did see where we paid Gus 20 million to leave last year right ? Harsin’s buy out is less than 10 million. It sounds like a lot to you but try and remember AU football is hundreds of million dollar value every year . The school takes in about 150 million and the local economy takes in 5 times that. 10 million is no big deal. And also remember even Gus had to agree to hiring and firing  certain people . You guys need to wake up to the real world of college football. 

Look if he has to be told to fire him after that brilliant 3rd down call and the other second half debacles then yea they need to fire him. But I think he is smart enough to do it on his own.

• Like 2

Just now, eagle12 said:

Look if he has to be told to fire him after that brilliant 3rd down call and the other second half debacles then yea they need to fire him. But I think he is smart enough to do it on his own.

Don’t fall for the trap. 

• Like 1

Yep I remember this same crowd when I said in 2019 when they kept Gus that 2020 would be his last. And a bunch of you same folks said no way would we pay 20 mil to buy Gus out in 2020. I know you guys won’t admit it was you. I can probably go back and find your comments for you if you would like. If Harsin I has another year like this year he is gone, period and I don’t think he will do any better. I think Bo transfers, I think others follow. We will see. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Harsin’s buy out is less than 10 million

His current buyout is 15 million. 

It's 75% of his remaining salary (20mm)

1 minute ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Yep I remember this same crowd when I said in 2019 when they kept Gus that 2020 would be his last. And a bunch of you same folks said no way would we pay 20 mil to buy Gus out in 2020. I know you guys won’t admit it was you. I can probably go back and find your comments for you if you would like. If Harsin I has another year like this year he is gone, period and I don’t think he will do any better. I think Bo transfers, I think others follow. We will see. 

Yeah if he does this again he will be be gone ! But that’s next year 

3 minutes ago, eagle12 said:

Do you think that it wasn’t till the second half of the iron bowl before we started having problems? Never in AU history have we lost three straight games after having a double digit lead on the other team. Maybe y’all should step back from the keyboard and look at how bad we were in the last 3 games. Really bad. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

You went full negative, champ. Take a step back from the ledge. We’re gonna be fine.

1 minute ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Do you think that it wasn’t till the second half of the iron bowl before we started having problems? Never in AU history have we lost three straight games after having a double digit lead on the other team. Maybe y’all should step back from the keyboard and look at how bad we were in the last 3 games. Really bad. 

That’s what I meant by the second half debacles .

Just now, eagle12 said:

Yeah if he does this again he will be be gone ! But that’s next year 

Next year will be a repeat of this year. I wish it wasn’t but look at the fact. After the game Harsin wouldn’t even admit that he had a problem. Just kept talking about they were close because they led in each of the games. Losing one of 3 you led is one thing losing 3 in a row that you led is indefensible . 

• Facepalm 1

1 minute ago, augolf1716 said:

Oh we're going to have some transfers 

Everyone will.  Gonna be standard operating procedure after every season for every team from now on.

• Like 2

Guest MustardSeed
5 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Next year will be a repeat of this year. I wish it wasn’t but look at the fact. After the game Harsin wouldn’t even admit that he had a problem. Just kept talking about they were close because they led in each of the games. Losing one of 3 you led is one thing losing 3 in a row that you led is indefensible . 

Harsin wouldn’t admit he had a problem?  He just fired the problem. And no he wasn’t forced to do so.  Set the pipe down brother. You’ve gone off the deep end

3 hours ago, e808 said:

And the plot thickens. This has been a crazy day. Players entering the portal left and right and decommitting.  Coaches getting fired. Gonna be interesting all the way up to signing day.

Where are you seeing player a entering the portal left and right?

6 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Everyone will.  Gonna be standard operating procedure after every season for every team from now on.

Exactly more high school recruits will be going to the Group of 5 school because of it.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, keesler said:

Where are you seeing player a entering the portal left and right?

Lots of OU guys already hitting the portal.  Word is we will have a few announce tomorrow.

Guarantee you ND guys leave.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Oh we're going to have some transfers 

Transfers happen every year now. Fact of life with the portal and rule change. I am curious about the reasoning for the AU guys though...probably because it's our alma mater and it makes me wonder

Edited by selias
spelling
  • Like 1