Bobo out as OC

Tony4AU

8 minutes ago, keesler said:

Where are you seeing player a entering the portal left and right?

I need to be prepared. I don’t like surprises. 

• Like 1

Thank goodness. 
Now all of the great posters that were about to become bammer fans can now remain…

• Haha 4

10 minutes ago, keesler said:

Consider the source. The guy has sources about as reliable as mine (i.e., no sources). We'll have some transfers but that's life after the introduction of the portal and no requirement to sit out a year.

2 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Might be another coach too

Good, clean things up and get the guys CBH wants and move forward. There were entirely too many hiccups in games this season due to poor coaching. 

• Like 1

Guest MustardSeed
1 minute ago, selias said:

Consider the source. The guy has sources about as reliable as mine (i.e., no sources). We'll have some transfers but that's life after the introduction of the portal and no requirement to sit out a year.

In defense if you go to the recruiting forum lots of talented guys from other schools announced today they are entering the portal

Just now, MustardSeed said:

In defense if you go to the recruiting forum lots of talented guys from other schools announced today they are entering the portal

That's just life in CFB after the portal rules

The rumors prior to Saturday all turned out to be wrong and are not worth repeating. I give BH a ton of credit for making the necessary decisions. He does NOT appear to be a person who will be told what to do. He also will not accept losing without top notch planning and execution. Period. I support him and believe he is exactly what Auburn needs. 

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, keesler said:

Tennessee has a player, tcu has there top running back, Ohio state has a , ucf qb and Oklahoma qb to name a few. I am not specifically talking about Auburn 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, e808 said:

Tennessee has a player, tcu has there top running back, Ohio state has a , ucf qb and Oklahoma qb to name a few. I am not specifically talking about Auburn 

Welcome to CFB post transfer portal and rule changes. It is what it is.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, selias said:

Welcome to CFB post transfer portal and rule changes. It is what it is.

True, I was responding to someone questioning me saying where I see players transferring left and right. I wasn’t referring to Auburn. I was talking about the college landscape in general. It’s not hard to find if u have social media. There have been several guys that announced over the last few days. It’s gonna be very interesting to see where some of them go

Edited by e808

54 minutes ago, AidiAU said:

Harsin making the calls or being forced to? 

I don't see any reason to think anybody other than Harsin is making these decisions. Coach Malzahn put up with meddlers interfering with his program. I don't see Coach Harsin as someone who would tolerate that for over 10 seconds.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

I agree. In 2023 after we fire Harsin. 

He needs to 4 years that is the amount of time to get Gus off the payroll.  We can't have a domino effect of coach's being fired but still on the payroll.  With 2 coach's gus and Harsin on the payroll what kind of a coach do you think we could afford another Mountain West or Sunbelt coach.  Oh well another domino has fallen.  Firing Harsin while Gus is still on the payroll JABA.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, AUDevil said:

Tate saying Freind will probably be gone too.

I know he had absolutely NO talent to work with BUUUUUT..... The Iron Bowl run blocking OL performance was maybe the single worst OL performance I have ever seen in my 32 years as a AU football fan. ZERO. FREAKING. PUSH. ALL. GAME. LONG. Embarrassing. egregious. Pathetic. ETC. Not to rehash this for the 84th time but it is when Tank did not get the first down and he went out of bounds we all went OH s*** collectively as a fanbase because we knew ain't no way in hell we are getting 2 yards on third down.... SMH.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, The Defiant said:

LSU on some drugs, pass on a Louisiana staple like Napier then go for a guy who hasn't even been or know the lay of the land in the State of Louisiana. Mind boggling...

Seems to work out well for them. Last 2 guys with no Louisiana roots they hired went on to win Natty's..... Plus Brian Kelly is much more accomplished than either Saban or Les Miles were when they got hired at LSU.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, shabby said:

Didn't Harsin hire him? Its not like Harsin didn't know what kind of coach Bobo was. If firing him is Harsin showing accountability isn't hiring him an example of poor judgment? Bobo was never an unknown quantity. 

You make it sound like Bobo was Harsin’s #1 choice when he was hired.  That’s news to me.  

9 hours ago, MustardSeed said:

So just in the last week we have heard from “insiders”

Harsin to Washington (clearly false)

DD as good as gone (just debunked by himself)

Harsin too hard headed to ever admit he’s wrong (just admitted for the second time in his very first season he made a bad hire and corrected it)

Whats ironic is the last one was occurring or already occurred while we were discussing his “hard head” 😂

It’s safe to say there may not be any insiders with actual real info these days that actually talk. What a different (and welcoming) world we now live in

All of these debunked rumors provided by the Joseph Goodman school of bammer journalism.

Edited by SRBautigerfan
  • Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, selias said:

Consider the source?  I don’t think he said they were Auburn players hitting the portal… just players.  There’s a link on the recruiting forum in the portal thread.  

Edited by SRBautigerfan
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, SRBautigerfan said:

I don’t think he said they were Auburn players hitting the portal… just players.  There’s a link on the recruiting forum in the portal thread.  

There will be some Auburn players

2 hours ago, SRBautigerfan said:

Consider the source?  I don’t think he said they were Auburn players hitting the portal… just players.  There’s a link on the recruiting forum in the portal thread.  

Glad to see some know what I meant. I guess in the future need to be more specific.