Bobo out as OC

Tony4AU

I hope he goes and hires people who know how to run his system excellently, no conforming to one another.

If anyone wants to compare that to what Gus did, remember that his system wasn't a real system. We run a legit multiple offense now, and I want guys who will coach it the way Harsin wants. 

If all of that fails, so be it, let's move on. 

• Like 4

9 hours ago, selias said:

Transfers happen every year now. Fact of life with the portal and rule change. I am curious about the reasoning for the AU guys though...probably because it's our alma mater and it makes me wonder

Yep every P5 schools will have transfers some more then others just the way it is now.

The last several OCs have been very poor decisions. Chip L, Kenny D,  Chad M, and then Bobo were all… bad. Did any of them last longer than a year? 
We have not had a top OC in a while.

Bobo getting fired:

200.gif.b6d4b59f0db6d0c87f4c66d603af7e26.gif

My message to Bert Watts, our special teams coach:

youre-up-next-rocky-charleen.gif.23eb7c89e94ffbad8cf0d109408dcf7c.gif

To the random posters trashing our legitimate insiders:

japan-vs-rowen-godzilla.gif.a652a26cb1d49c7e31b1954486d6ef08.gif

Since everyone is randomly throwing out names of candidates, my recommendation:

giphy.gif.ed595990d8b542203caac8e72035f6d7.gif

Lastly, and this happens every year too, when one Auburn player enters the portal:

1684767601_200(1).gif.e59403648f61a65c504305576c80ca34.gif

Plot twist, you were on the wrong boat the entire time.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Haha 5

12 hours ago, AUDevil said:

Some imaginative speculation here... Some folks have said that we didn't give Napier a full interview b/c he didn't want coordinator hires dictated to him.  Just wondering if Bobo was part of the deal that Greene made to get approval on Harsin.  Remember that Steele was supposedly going to hire Bobo has his OC (according to rumor) which means that some higher up maybe wanted Bobo at AU for whatever reason.  Now that the 1st year with Bobo failed miserably and everybody could see how awful it was, Harsin is now free to make his own hire.

Greene did not want to fire Gus.  He saw it as an irresponsible decision financially.  He was told to do so and he did. Gouge then protected him and allowed him to make the hire.  For those reasons, I don't believe anything rumored about the Napier hire. Once Harsin was hired, I have no doubt that he was urged to hire Bobo.  After all, this staff has no ties to the Southeast and it is showing itself in a major way on the recruiting trail.  Harsin had a relationship with Bobo going back for years.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Harsin needs to announce a coordinator! I can’t take this s**t this year! That Iron Bowl did my heart in! 

Let's hope we don't do what we always do - wait 'til the carousel stops and pick through the leftovers....

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

The last several OCs have been very poor decisions. Chip L, Kenny D,  Chad M, and then Bobo were all… bad. Did any of them last longer than a year? 

Honestly, Gus in his tenure as OC and his first couple seasons as HC was the last time we had an OC that gave other coaches fits.  If we could have paired Auburn's 2017 to 2019 defense with that 2013 offense, we would have won every game by 30.

• Like 8
  • Love 1

12 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

Greene did not want to fire Gus.  He saw it as an irresponsible decision financially. 

Which makes sense but we should be happy that he fired Gus last year. This year is a circus and we would be competing with LSU, Florida, ND, USC, Miami, Oklahoma, etc for a new HC. (Most likely, Washington would have hired Harsin this year)

Edited by AUreo
  • Like 3
  • Love 1

21 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Bobo getting fired:

200.gif.b6d4b59f0db6d0c87f4c66d603af7e26.gif

My message to Bert Watts, our special teams coach:

youre-up-next-rocky-charleen.gif.23eb7c89e94ffbad8cf0d109408dcf7c.gif

To the random posters trashing our legitimate insiders:

japan-vs-rowen-godzilla.gif.a652a26cb1d49c7e31b1954486d6ef08.gif

Since everyone is randomly throwing out names of candidates, my recommendation:

giphy.gif.ed595990d8b542203caac8e72035f6d7.gif

Lastly, and this happens every year too, when one Auburn player enters the portal:

1684767601_200(1).gif.e59403648f61a65c504305576c80ca34.gif

Plot twist, you were on the wrong boat the entire time.

Just one serious question… who are the legitimate insiders on here? 

• Like 1

Just now, SRBautigerfan said:

Me.

0c8ccde3-676a-4266-b7f8-6f0359ef36f5_text.gif.0794eb4c7c03d91ba840aa51b76ba826.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, SRBautigerfan said:

In all seriousness, you can count on most if not all of the MOD's as sources.  PTB is also a source as he is on Auburn's medical staff.  WDE is also very connected along with RIR.  Those are just a few off of the top of my head.  You get a lot of inside information on the donor side too.  It is worth donating to this forum to get access.

Edited by abw0004
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

With all the coaching changes at top tiered schools, getting a splashy assistant hired is probably like the rush and tug-of-war at Wal-Mart's Black Friday sale. 

I would imagine Harsin already has someone lined up and is not kicking the can. Due to this year's carousel, the quality candidate pool will be close to nil soon. Seems obvious.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, AUreo said:

Which makes sense but we should be happy that he fired Gus last year. This year is a circus and we would be competing with LSU, Florida, ND, USC, Miami, Oklahoma, etc for a new HC. (Most likely, Washington would have hired Harsin this year)

That is a fair point.

Wasn't our WR coach Harsin's OC at Boise? That should work well, and finding a solid WR coach will be a lot easier than finding a quality OC.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

It didn't really matter who Gus hired as OC. That was the main problem with those guys. At least Gus came out and said that about Dillingham as opposed to lying about it with Lindsey.

That said, you're right. The last time our OC was any good was the brief period that Lashlee was calling plays in 2016. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Wasn't our WR coach Harsin's OC at Boise? That should work well, and finding a solid WR coach will be a lot easier than finding a quality OC.

This. People act like promoting Kiesau would be a bad thing as if Boise State's offense hasn't been better than any of Auburn's offenses since 2015. Their offense at Boise was a solid one. An offense that actually prepares players for the NFL.

Also, probably leads to retaining Cadillac as RB coach and holding on to the momentum gained with receiver prospects. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

Honestly, Gus in his tenure as OC and his first couple seasons as HC was the last time we had an OC that gave other coaches fits.  If we could have paired Auburn's 2017 to 2019 defense with that 2013 offense, we would have won every game by 30.

that was the problem though. we did nothing that even remotely looked like the 2013 team after marshall graduated. from my untrained eyes it looked as though gus tried to do anything different than replicate that success. it was bizarre. 

9 minutes ago, Pat Fossum said:

This. People act like promoting Kiesau would be a bad thing as if Boise State's offense hasn't been better than any of Auburn's offenses since 2015. Their offense at Boise was a solid one. An offense that actually prepares players for the NFL.

Also, probably leads to retaining Cadillac as RB coach and holding on to the momentum gained with receiver prospects. 

I think it’s more about recruiting. Unless the Boise coaches have ties in our recruiting areas I don’t know about, a Boise heavy staff could put us farther behind on the trail for a few years.

• Like 3

Just now, aucom96 said:

I think it’s more about recruiting. Unless the Boise coaches have ties in our recruiting areas I don’t know about, a Boise heavy staff could put us farther behind on the trail for a few years.

If they are good salesmen, they shouldn't have a problem. "The business we are in is sales." Coach Tubberville.

2 minutes ago, Mikey said:

If they are good salesmen, they shouldn't have a problem. "The business we are in is sales." Coach Tubberville.

i agree. everyone who is interesting in college football just watch that iron bowl and there were a ton of recruits there. seems like that would do more to "sell" for these new coaches than anything else. they have to learn sometime.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Pat Fossum said:

and bring Dell back as WR coach/maybe co-OC(in title, as Kisseau could coach WR) and recruiting guru