Bobo out as OC

Tony4AU

2 minutes ago, fredst said:

Damn, Harsin sucks. What Auburn worked to build for ~130 years he torpedoed in 11 months. That has *got* to be some kind of record

Combined with WHO’S been hired / is already coaching our rivals, absolutely. 

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

Recruiting and performance have to improve for him to get 4 years. He won't get 3 if there isn't some sign of positive  momentum.

If Auburn fires him while gus is on the payroll will be a huge mistake.

• Like 2

Surprised the Friend news has not dropped yet? Any chance he could be returning? 

Having to fire 3 of the 5 offensive hires in the first year is pretty bad. 

1 hour ago, Viper said:

The only coach on this staff with clout is Caddy. Harsin was at least smart enough to understand that by retaining him.

We may have been a top 15 program, but with the way our 2nd Halves have collapsed, our 4-game losing streak and the way recruiting has gone, Harsin is quickly putting this program in reverse. 

He may be a helluva man, great coach to play for, A-personality and all the other feel-goods that the pumpers have made note of, but he doesn’t have the name or the clout to suddenly change that direction. Other than the DC, he can’t lure great assistants. In that regard alone, he is exactly like his predecessor, perhaps worse.

Meanwhile, LSU and FL make massive upgrades. We are getting left in the dirt in all phases, most importantly recruiting, which is the only thing that matters. Recruiting isn’t just Jimmy’s and Joe’s. Recruiting lures great assistants. With everyone around us getting stronger, which will take even more precious recruits from us, we are about to go through the roughest multi-year stretch since Barfield. Flame away.

So UK, Mizzoo, MSU, Arky and USC  will be more attractive programs than Auburn. Got it.

(That is what you said that I was clearly and specifically responding to.)

((Also, you should probably wait until next December to declare time of death on our recruiting. The reasons why have been explained thoroughly and repeatedly for months.))

• Facepalm 1

19 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

So UK, Mizzoo, MSU, Arky and USC  will be more attractive programs than Auburn. Got it.

(That is what you said that I was clearly and specifically responding to.)

((Also, you should probably wait until next December to declare time of death on our recruiting. The reasons why have been explained thoroughly and repeatedly for months.))

No. Those are the programs we will be competing with for recruits. If we’re lucky, we might be able to steal one from Ole Miss.

You should probably not wait any longer to realize the peril our recruiting is in and will only get worse as LSU and FL have just declared war on dink’s and kirbs’ recruiting grounds.

But, you and the others pumpers will wait till Harsin’s bitter end because you refuse to see what the programs around us are doing.

3 minutes ago, Viper said:

But, you and the others pumpers will wait till Harsin’s bitter end because you refuse to see what the programs around us are doing.

Who exactly in the hell do you have me confused with? Good lord, you're a special one. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Who exactly in the hell do you have me confused with? Good lord, you're a special one. 

Some of these folks take themselves way too serious. Lol

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, DAG said:

How can you be laughing at a time like this DAG? We are in peril!

I mean, sure, Harsin might totally suck the big one. But why would I be crying about that right now? What am I going to do about it?

LOL at LSU and Florida suddenly becoming good football programs that recruit talented players. The hell is wrong with people.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, McLoofus said:

I mean, sure, Harsin might totally suck the big one. But why would I be crying about that right now? What am I going to do about it?

LOL at LSU and Florida suddenly becoming good football programs that recruit talented players. The hell is wrong with people.

This is only the beginning. I can’t wait to see the melt when the OC is named. 

• Like 3
  • Love 3

1 hour ago, Carnell said:

If Auburn fires him while gus is on the payroll will be a huge mistake.

That risk was accepted at the time we moved on from Gus.  If recruiting picks up significantly, we won't have to do that.  If it doesn't, there won't be much of a choice.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, woodford said:

He’s a 3*. No offense to the kid but who cares. 

I care some because we need to OL in the worst way. Also, how does this affect Bo's decision to transfer?

14 minutes ago, McLoofus said:
18 minutes ago, DAG said:

You both will rue the day that you didn’t take this seriously.

C9AF0F4B-92B0-4416-918E-C417B49205AA.jpeg

• Haha 2
  • Facepalm 1

6 minutes ago, fredst said:

You both will rue the day that you didn’t take this seriously.

C9AF0F4B-92B0-4416-918E-C417B49205AA.jpeg

Out of likes, but I chuckled once. Maybe twice. Possibly thrice. 

On a sidenote, when did the word "pumper" become such an insult? To me it is like hearing cake-eater (mighty ducks reference). It just doesn't sting. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Viper said:

We may have been a top 15 program, but with the way our 2nd Halves have collapsed, our 4-game losing streak and the way recruiting has gone, Harsin is quickly putting this program in reverse.

2k5ser.jpg

• Love 1
  • Haha 2

Had a meme made for me today by my man @McLoofus.

Got to read "Rue the day" and "Pumper".

My day is complete thanks to @fredst and @DAG.

It would be extra super complete if our OC is hired before bedtime. They better hurry, though. It gets dark early these days.

Edited by Tiger Refuge
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

35 minutes ago, AUGoo said:

What makes you say they?

Educate me.

It's. Viper.

Are you seriously asking for a rational and reasoned response?

• Haha 3

21 minutes ago, DAG said:

On a sidenote, when did the word "pumper" become such an insult? To me it is like hearing cake-eater (mighty ducks reference). It just doesn't sting. 

Damn pumpers, always tearing up my lawn.

5 hours ago, fasttimes said:

that was the problem though. we did nothing that even remotely looked like the 2013 team after marshall graduated. from my untrained eyes it looked as though gus tried to do anything different than replicate that success. it was bizarre. 

I agree for the most part. There were rule changes that came about and he had a desire to get better offensively, but you are right.... It is bizarre that he was never able to quite match that output.  The majority of coaches and coordinators simply run out of steam at some point.

26 minutes ago, DAG said:

Guess it depends on what ur pumping... lol

4 minutes ago, Strychnine said:

Damn pumpers, always tearing up my lawn.

17 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Had a meme made for my by my man @McLoofus.

Got to read "Rue the day" and "Pumper".

My day is complete thanks to @fredst and @DAG.

It would be extra super complete if our OC is hired before bedtime. They better hurry, though. It gets dark early these days.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2