Bobo out as OC

Tony4AU

159 total yards of offense in the Iron Bowl. 22 yards rushing. But it wasn´t just this one game, there have been too many fundamental problems with this offense for most of the season, going back to the Penn State game. I think we have the talent to have a much better offense.

Kudos to Coach Harsin for making a change!

• Like 2

So those of us that pointed out how our offense went from looking like Boise St for the scripted plays to a sudden change in tune were 100% spot on.

• Like 1

Just now, bigbird said:

Because we don't have any OL.

Yeah that would really hurt. We need all the linemen we can get.

I don’t mind the move, but three weeks before signing day is a terrible time unless we have a home run hitter lined up.

Man. This is a bold move. I sure do hope he has a strong recruiter ready to jump in and get on the road. I just don’t see Keyz getting it done this soon after moving to this region. 

• Like 1

Bobo should analyze his future job offers by the offensive line’s potential. I’m not sure he had a whole lot to work with. Based on the previous games Mason probably saved his job this week. 

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, AUwent said:

If it means losing Harris and Joiner too, it might have been reason to keep him. UNLESS we pull in some awesome hire (if we could convince Jeff Grimes to come back, highly doubt it of course...)

You kill me man. You want to play both sides of the fence . It doesn’t work that way. You guys whine about the offense. This is what accountability looks like. Now you got your firing, there may be some residual effects. 

Edited by DAG
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Potato gang getting stronger 

Exactly this.
I don’t think it’s a good thing though. Auburn Broncos might not work in the SEC.

Edited by AUreo

1 minute ago, gr82b4au said:

Probably. Makes sense. And this place will implode when he does it.

we blow up at everything.     We knew Bobo wasnt the solution  he couldnt be bama with a talented UGA team when he had it.    He was a good recruiter and thats where i think this is going to sting. 

I've got a huge presentation tomorrow...trying to win a corporate HQ project in South Georgia - this is not helping with procrastination.  I've had a tough time focusing since Saturday to be honest.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, bigbird said:

Love the decisiveness Harsin continues to show.  

I guess if Harsin is gonna get fired then he’s going to go down with folks he feels comfortable with and not folks he had to settle for.

• Like 2

Just now, aub4life said:

Go get Kendall Briles.  But, with Bobo gone this soon after the end of the regular season, I’d bet Harsin has his replacement- from within…🤨

Kendall would be a fool to make a lateral move. He is waiting for a HC job I bet 

• Like 1

And the plot thickens. This has been a crazy day. Players entering the portal left and right and decommitting.  Coaches getting fired. Gonna be interesting all the way up to signing day.

Edited by e808

13 minutes ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

And THIS, folks, is what accountability looks like. 

HUGE for Harsin.

How many coordinators have been fired at Auburn over the past 20 years?  It doesn't take big gonads to do something when you realize it's your neck on the line.

5 minutes ago, DAG said:

You kill me man. You want to play both sides of the fence . It doesn’t work that way. You guys whine about the offense. This is what accountability looks like. Now you got your firing, there may be some residual effects. 

That's entirely fair. But if our recruiting was just starting to look up, why bother if he's just going to promote "Keys?"

Edited by AUwent