Dan Mullen for OC !

eagle12

7 minutes ago, selias said:

Miss State with Mullen as HC is where the nonsense originated

He was a great fit at MSU but  saw bigger things for himself at Fla. Don’t know what went wrong at Fla but he should have stayed at State.  

Just now, gulftiger66 said:

He was a great fit at MSU but  saw bigger things for himself at Fla. Don’t know what went wrong at Fla but he should have stayed at State.  

What went wrong is that Dan Mullen will always be Dan Mullen. It worked in Starkville because...well, it's Starkville.

13 minutes ago, AURealist said:

The man never blinks.  I don't trust him.  

Or...

he just blinks when you do so you don't see it. :dunno:

• Haha 1

Just now, selias said:

What went wrong is that Dan Mullen will always be Dan Mullen. It worked in Starkville because...well, it's Starkville.

It worked because all he had to do is win 6-8 games and they were happy. You can only do that at Gainesville for so long before heads start rolling. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Majestic X and Os guy, but dude is a horrendous recruiter. that's something I haven't acknowledged enough, even though I've wanted him since he got fired.

Can't have a non-recruiter HC and OC 

What are or where They ranked  in recruiting this year? 

Edited by eagle12

6 minutes ago, ThurstontheWelshCorgi said:

Why start a new thread? We have one already.. 

Dan Mullen would be a good oc

Lead paint. It's not just for breakfast

• Haha 2

He has too much baggage and don't want it leaking out when he's here.  He's just...meh

Edited by kennypowers

This is the story as I understand it.

While at UF, Mullen and Meyer butted heads over Cam Newton.  Mullen thought it was insane to start Tebow over Cam.

When Cam left UF, Mullen basically told a few staffers to direct certain boosters to get Cam. They tried their darnedest, and apparently talked money with Cecil, but frankly, AU was a far better opportunity.

Mullen knew his guys were dirty, and made the assumption Auburn was as well.  Not much happened until it was obvious that Auburn with Cam was going to be very, very special.  As it happens, Mullen's Director of Player Personnel, Jody Wright, someone that knew exactly what they had done, had just taken a job at.....uat.

WDE!

11 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

You are deranged. 

Whatever !  this is what a talking forum is for. So boo hoo !

Edited by eagle12
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, gravejd said:

Hard pass on Mullen. Too much of a Bobo feel. I think Harsin has strong ideas and needs someone he can work with a bit. 

Ok that’s good I hope he can recruit cause we are doing well not great. 

35 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

I would personally fly to Auburn and kick the man in the dick if we hired him.

I'll carry your bags and film the whole damn thing

• Haha 3
  • Facepalm 1

9 minutes ago, cbo said:

Imagine Mullen as OC and Spencer Rattler as QB. We'd probably win a lot of games, but I'd be a Bama fan by then. 

Plus @Brad_ATX would have to kick you in the dick. For your sake alone I do not want Mullen in Auburn

• Love 1
  • Haha 2

37 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

I would personally fly to Auburn and kick the man in the dick if we hired him.

This is a late-in-the-year entry for post of the year

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, MadtownTiger said:

This is the story as I understand it.

While at UF, Mullen and Meyer butted heads over Cam Newton.  Mullen thought it was insane to start Tebow over Cam.

When Cam left UF, Mullen basically told a few staffers to direct certain boosters to get Cam. They tried their darnedest, and apparently talked money with Cecil, but frankly, AU was a far better opportunity.

Mullen knew his guys were dirty, and made the assumption Auburn was as well.  Not much happened until it was obvious that Auburn with Cam was going to be very, very special.  As it happens, Mullen's Director of Player Personnel, Jody Wright, someone that knew exactly what they had done, had just taken a job at.....uat.

WDE!

Good read! 

• Like 1