Dan Mullen for OC !

eagle12

Mullen's name will be mud in Auburn forever but even setting that aside, he'd be a terrible OC hire on the merits. He famously despises recruiting. He has an ego the size of Jupiter and does not play well with others. He just finished running himself out of one of the ten or so best jobs in college football in part because of one of the most disastrous roster management decisions in recent memory (Emory Jones over Anthony Richardson). Also, he's had two teams quit on him in as many seasons. There are legions of better hires out there. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

CBH's decision to part ways with Bobo was the correct one, however awkward or difficult.  I'm hoping he can be just as rational & level-headed to choose a better OC going forward.  

Hiring a fired Mullen would be like: 

See the source image 

• Love 1

20 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I think our pitch relied on just money but I’d put my entire account on that we paid Cam something. All those type guys get paid something 

but yeah, Auburn > MSU in general obv 

Nope 

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

No way...probably been mentioned earlier...but if you're trying to have consistence with your OC, why hire Mullen, he would be a one year coach...

• Like 1

Just now, milehighfan said:

Until or unless a serious upgrade is made to the OL I don't think it matters much who Auburn gets as OC. Just my opinion.

Valid point. It still wouldn't be Quasimodo though lol

On 11/29/2021 at 7:56 PM, aubaseball said:

Yea, the failed Head coaches are awful.  Kiffin, Sark, Mel Tucker, Cristobol, and others say hello.   

You forgot Will Muschamp. 😜

24 minutes ago, selias said:

Valid point. It still wouldn't be Quasimodo though lol

Apparently Mullen wasn't too big on recruiting. It appears Bobo wasn't either. :realmad:

I just wonder why we have to go through do much s--t  before we get it right. Or in this case half decent.

Mullen would be as helpful as an Omicron outbreak. He needs to go ahead and embark on his first love - WWE promoter, and quit pretending he wants to coach. 

• Like 1

Loved twitter post that said "if we hire Mullen, the NCAA will finally get it's wish of Auburn having somebody on staff that tried to pay Cam Newton".

• Haha 4

11 hours ago, milehighfan said:

Until or unless a serious upgrade is made to the OL I don't think it matters much who Auburn gets as OC. Just my opinion.

Which is why I keep thinking about this hire strictly in terms of recruiting.

If we promote Kiesau and then hire another DCraig or Trooper Taylor at WR coach, great!

• Love 2

14 hours ago, milehighfan said:

Whatever the question is, Will Friend aint the answer.

• Like 1

On 11/30/2021 at 8:52 AM, AU9377 said:

This would seriously piss the wrong people off at AU.  I wouldn't hire Mullen to mow my lawn.

On 11/30/2021 at 10:30 AM, autigeremt said:

I would only to fire him after one pass in the backyard. 

I would too, if that one pass took him over the top of this:

yeller_jacket.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Michael X said:

I would too, if that one pass took him over the top of this:

yeller_jacket.jpg

That’s one creature in nature that knows how to defend their house. lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Guest MustardSeed
On 11/30/2021 at 9:21 PM, milehighfan said:

I disagree…well partly anyways. Yes we need a serious upgrade BUT

a true quality coordinator will figure out ways to scheme and offset weaknesses. All teams have weaknesses. The good coordinators figure out how to hide them. 

Guest MustardSeed
On 11/30/2021 at 9:51 PM, milehighfan said:

Apparently Mullen wasn't too big on recruiting

Which really says all you need to know. And this applies to all people considered for the job. 
If your main job is raising up teenage boys into grown up respectable men who also play winning football (yes winning should be important but character should always come first) then you should enjoy meeting teenagers and discussing how you can help them grow. If you don’t like that then you probably don’t like actually raising men either. Which is how you end up losing a team and raising a team full of immature and ineffective players.  I think enjoying recruiting or not enjoying should speak volumes as to who is right for the job of training up respectable Auburn men who truly excel in everything they do. 

26 minutes ago, MustardSeed said:

I disagree…well partly anyways. Yes we need a serious upgrade BUT

a true quality coordinator will figure out ways to scheme and offset weaknesses. All teams have weaknesses. The good coordinators figure out how to hide them. 

They may know how to scheme to hide the weaknesses but be without what they need to hide them.

Edited by Hank2020
  • Like 1

Guest MustardSeed
13 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

They may know how but be wo what they need to hide them.

Try that again. Unable to decipher 😂

Some people must not know Mullen’s history with AU.  I’m sure Chizik doesn’t have him on his Christmas list.  Notwithstanding what he and his wife did with Cam, Mullen is an absolute azzhole. He is trash.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1