Flanigan update?

War to the Eagle

16 hours ago, War to the Eagle said:

Anyone heard an update on AF’s status? We should be loaded once we get him back.

I think he can be cleared around mid-December, and if so, then he will need practice to get ready for actual play.

I expect late December(start of SEC) or sometime early January.

Okay, I'm only saying this because I see it so frequently and it's the kid's name...it's Flanigan. Not Flanagan, but Flanigan. That's kinda like if everyone had been going on about Cam Newtun in 2010. Sure, that's the way it sounds, but, again, this is a star player... whose father also played at Auburn a quarter century ago, and is currently an assistant coach of Bruce Pearl's... I feel like we should be doing better with this.

• Like 4

• WarTiger changed the title to Flanigan update?
On 11/30/2021 at 3:19 PM, Rednilla said:

Okay, I'm only saying this because I see it so frequently and it's the kid's name...it's Flanigan. Not Flanagan, but Flanigan. That's kinda like if everyone had been going on about Cam Newtun in 2010. Sure, that's the way it sounds, but, again, this is a star player... whose father also played at Auburn a quarter century ago, and is currently an assistant coach of Bruce Pearl's... I feel like we should be doing better with this.

I’m glad you said something finally. Phlanaguin deserves better. 

Edited by tigeraddikt
  • Haha 6

On 11/29/2021 at 9:34 PM, War to the Eagle said:

Anyone heard an update on AF’s status? We should be loaded once we get him back.

@War to the Eagle No change. Still expected back mid December so anywhere between the UNA game on the 14th, @ St. Louis in the 18th, or Murray St, on the 22nd.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/30/2021 at 10:40 AM, gravejd said:

Having his size at the #2 guard spot is going to be a big help. 

@gravejdStill expected to play quite a bit more at the 3 than 2.

On 11/30/2021 at 1:39 PM, steeleagle said:

I think he can be cleared around mid-December, and if so, then he will need practice to get ready for actual play.

@steeleagleAlready been cleared for some of that stuff.

Just now, ellitor said:

Starting lineup by tourney time. 

Green, KD, Flan, Jabari, Kess

Put it in the bank :)

• Like 2

On 11/30/2021 at 3:19 PM, Rednilla said:

@Rednilla Relax man. Most of us are on the message boards from our phones and we all know our phones auto correct words even as posts are being submitted. Take the high road & chalk it up to phone error.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, gravejd said:

Yup! Even though KD is not as tall his physicality & toughness on D makes up for it.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ellitor said:

My lineup response to this was a little confusing. Yes i agree Flan will play more 3. But having him available to play the 2 against teams with more guard size will be a big help. 

Bruce has a lot of options with this team. He can go big, small, defense, shooters, etc depending on the opposition or the situation. We are blessed to have this depth and flexibility. Pray for no more injuries.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

@Rednilla Relax man. Most of us are on the message boards from our phones and we all know our phones auto correct words even as posts are being submitted. Take the high road & chalk it up to phone error.

It happens so frequently that I find it difficult to believe many people actually know his name. You'll have to forgive me for being a bit sensitive about it, considering the misspellings I've had of my last name through the years.

Besides, do phones actually change Flanigan to Flanagan? There's a Flanigan's restaurant, and the name is 57 times more likely to be spelled with an 'i' than with an 'a' in the United States, according to mynamestats.com. There's no reason for phones to be making that mistake, unless the user has manually put in the wrong spelling multiple times... in which case, I think it makes sense to inform them that they are spelling it the wrong way. I let an awful lot of crap go in online discussion because it IS online discussion, but, again, this is our star player's last name, and people are constantly spelling it a MUCH less common way just because of autocorrect? Come on now.

15 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

It happens so frequently that I find it difficult to believe many people actually know his name. You'll have to forgive me for being a bit sensitive about it, considering the misspellings I've had of my last name through the years.

Besides, do phones actually change Flanigan to Flanagan? There's a Flanigan's restaurant, and the name is 57 times more likely to be spelled with an 'i' than with an 'a' in the United States, according to mynamestats.com. There's no reason for phones to be making that mistake, unless the user has manually put in the wrong spelling multiple times... in which case, I think it makes sense to inform them that they are spelling it the wrong way. I let an awful lot of crap go in online discussion because it IS online discussion, but, again, this is our star player's last name, and people are constantly spelling it a MUCH less common way just because of autocorrect? Come on now.

My name has never been spelled correctly by others my entire life, and it stopped bothering me when I was 6 yrs old.

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, boisnumber1 said:

My name has never been spelled correctly by others my entire life, and it stopped bothering me when I was 6 yrs old.

Well, in truth, it bothers me more to see someone else's name misspelled than it does my own (especially in this case, when it's so much more common than the incorrect spelling), just because I've grown so used to it, but it does still bother me somewhat. :dunno:

3 hours ago, gravejd said:

I think Green will continue to come off the bench. I think Bruce likes Zep's intensity on the defensive side of the ball and sets the tone early in the game. Green is a good change of pace though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rednilla said:

Besides, do phones actually change Flanigan to Flanagan?

Mine just did it when I tried to type his last name. I had to make my Iphone accept the correct spelling.

There's no reason for phones to be making that mistake, unless the user has manually put in the wrong spelling multiple times.

I have rarely used his name on my phone. My Iphone is predisposed to Flanagan for some reason.

people are constantly spelling it a MUCH less common way just because of autocorrect? Come on now.

Again relax please. I just detailed evidence of how mine does it incorrectly & by 1 of the biggest phone company's around. Just let it go & when it happens in the future, if it bothers you, politely ask the poster to check their autocorrect & change the word in their phone for future use. There was no need for this hullabaloo.

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Mine just did it when I tried to type his last name. I had to make my Iphone accept the correct spelling.

I have rarely used his name on my phone. My Iphone is predisposed to Flanagan for some reason.

Again relax please. I just detailed evidence of how mine does it incorrectly & by 1 of the biggest phone company's around. Just let it go & when it happens in the future, if it bothers you, politely ask the poster to check their autocorrect & change the word in their phone for future use.

It makes no sense, but for what it's worth, my verbiage makes it seem like I'm more upset about it than I am, I think. I don't think less of people for misspelling it (unless they're doing it on purpose, which I don't get the feeling anyone here is), I just want the issue to be corrected. I'm sorry if I came across as hostile.

• Like 1

feels rachel bilson GIF

• Haha 2

Well, in truth, it bothers me more to see someone else's name misspelled than it does my own (especially in this case, when it's so much more common than the incorrect spelling), just because I've grown so used to it, but it does still bother me somewhat. :dunno:

its ok grace helbig GIF

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

It makes no sense, but for what it's worth, my verbiage makes it seem like I'm more upset about it than I am, I think. I don't think less of people for misspelling it (unless they're doing it on purpose, which I don't get the feeling anyone here is), I just want the issue to be corrected. I'm sorry if I came across as hostile.

Star Wars Were Fine GIF - Star Wars Were Fine How Are You - Discover &  Share GIFs

• Like 2