Flanigan update?

War to the Eagle

https://auburnwire.usatoday.com/2021/12/06/allen-flanigan-has-returned-to-practice/

i would gamble he comes back (in a limited capacity) the game after Nebraska. They’re in a groove with the rotation rn and they should be able to give him a few contact practices in the next couple weeks or so. 

I saw an article where Flan returned to practice yesterday. Sounds like he is on pace to return sometime this month. Would love for him to get a couple games in before SEC play starts. 

What was Flanigan's original injury?  I would assume he'll be 100% ready to go right?

31 minutes ago, fishepa said:

What was Flanigan's original injury?  I would assume he'll be 100% ready to go right?

He cut his Achilles. That was my understanding. Not a tear. It was also no completely cut in half

I saw where somebody said he was scheduled to return to practice around this time. Can anybody confirm he has actually returned to practice? When I say returned to practice I don't just mean jogging around the court but actually practicing against other players even if only for a limited amount of time while getting back into playing shape.

@AuburnNTexas - here's what I've seen

Auburn's Preseason All-SEC guard returns to practice

By Mark Murphy Dec 6, 6:00 PM

AUBURN, Alabama–Auburn’s leading scorer among returning players for the 2021-22 basketball season, junior guard Allen Flanigan, participated in practice on Monday for the first time since undergoing surgery on September 3rd to repair a partially torn Achilles. Flanigan moved well in the non-contact practice as the Tigers prepare for a game on Saturday vs. Nebraska.

Flanigan was named to the Coaches Preseason All-SEC First team despite the injury. Team sources told Inside the Auburn Tigers that Flanigan’s recovery is going well and the plan is for the junior to have non-contact practices as he rounds back into game shape.  At Monday's session Flanigan was running full-court fastbreak drills with no issue and half court offensive and defensive drills with no problem.

After the surgery Coach Bruce Pearl said he hoped that Flanigan would be able to return to practice at some point in the month of December. That happened on Monday. When Flanigan will be cleared to play in games is still to be determined.

Flanigan, who is six-foot-six, 215 pounds, is the Southeastern Conference’s fourth leading returning scorer for the 2021-22 season after having a breakout sophomore season playing small forward, big guard and filling in at point guard for Pearl’s team.

He averaged 14.3 points, 5.5 rebounds, 2.9 assists and 0.9 steals in 30.4 minutes per game as a sophomore. He averaged 3.2 points and 2.7 rebounds as a freshman out of Parkview High School in Little Rock, Ark., where he was a key player on two state championship teams coached by his grandfather.

As a sophomore Flanigan connected on 45.5 percent of his field goals, 33.8 percent of his three-point shots and 77.6 of his free throw attempts with 97 made, the sixth highest total for players in the SEC.

Flanigan scored in double figures for points in 22 of the team's 27 games last season and reached the 20-point mark a half dozen times. He finished with a collegiate-high of 24 points vs. South Carolina on January 23rd.

Flanigan had what Auburn officials said was considered successful surgical procedure last Friday to repair his right Achilles after suffering a non-basketball related accident. Flanigan was injured when he was hit by another student riding a scooter, a popular mode of transportation on the Auburn University campus.  Flanigan’s surgery was performed at the Andrews Sports Medicine & Orthopedic Center at St. Vincent’s Hospital in Birmingham.

The son of former Auburn All-SEC point guard and current Auburn assistant coach, Wes Flanigan, Allen Flanigan was considered one of the top prospects in the state of Arkansas and was named his state's Gatorade Player of the Year as a senior.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

I saw where somebody said he was scheduled to return to practice around this time. Can anybody confirm he has actually returned to practice? When I say returned to practice I don't just mean jogging around the court but actually practicing against other players even if only for a limited amount of time while getting back into playing shape.

check the first post on this page brother

1 hour ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

check the first post on this page brother

That post said in the non-contact practice. My question was has he started to practice where he is competing against other players. That type of practice has contact.

On 12/7/2021 at 7:32 PM, akillshot said:

Non- basketball injury. He was struck by another student on a scooter on campus is what I recollect.

That was it. Hit by a scooter on campus.

• Facepalm 2

In the article from December 6th it said he had returned to non-contact practice has there been any change yet where he is in real practice scenarios where there is some banging go?  Any idea when we will actually see him on the court?

I would think that if there were any chance Flan were going to play tomorrow, we would have heard about it by now... sure would be nice to see the team start getting to full strength, especially as well as they're already doing.

10 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

In the article from December 6th it said he had returned to non-contact practice has there been any change yet where he is in real practice scenarios where there is some banging go?  Any idea when we will actually see him on the court?

Bruce gave an interview I think earlier today and said he's been returned to practice and is playing with contact. Doubtful for tomorrow but think he's close to coming back.

• Thanks 3

We’re going to need him in the sec games and coming on towards February at his best, so I’m glad we aren’t chancing a re-injury.

16 hours ago, GTNupe11 said:

Bruce gave an interview I think earlier today and said he's been returned to practice and is playing with contact. Doubtful for tomorrow but think he's close to coming back.

I can see him getting his first taste on a small scale against Murray St next week, to get a little rust off of him.

I don't see many minutes though. Just to get game feel and his shot going in real time.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, steeleagle said:

I can see him getting his first taste on a small scale against Murray St next week, to get a little rust off of him.

I don't see many minutes though. Just to get game feel and his shot going in real time.

I would love to see that, personally.