Transfer Portal Targets/Commits (2022)

AUght2win

18 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

Saw that. Not necessarily a position of need in my opinion, but this kid rushed for over 1,000 yards as a true freshman after not starting the first few weeks. Very talented. 

I agree we are pretty solid at RB but I know we are still trying to add one more in Citizen which I think is because everybody knows Tank will be gone after this year and they are recruiting not just for next year but the future. If Citizen falls through this young man might be a backup option if still available, that or we go hard for 1-2 RB's in 2023 class. With the 7 from the Portal rule and how many we have in class so far I believe we have room for about 9 or 10 more players.  Right now we need at least 1 more D-Line that could be Story or the kid from Oregon or both, 4-5 O-Line, a QB and an elite WR (if not Elite we don't just need a body) and 1 LB. Also we are looking at the CB from Oregon.  If we have 10 openings with Story then we could get 5 O-line, 1 D-Line from Oregon, 1 CB from Oregon, 1 QB and 1 WR, and 1 LB for a total of 10 players not leaving room for any RB and yet we still want Citizen.  We will probably be lucky to get 3-4 O-Line and unless we find the right WR it is not worth it with what we have returning and what is coming in. 

The staff will have to make some tough decisions and you are probably right that even though this young man is really good he is less important this year if we can score a couple in 2023 class.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, fredst said:

We need this one….

If we get him do we drop Story or do we keep Both assuming Story is able and still wants to come to Auburn?

9 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

If we get him do we drop Story or do we keep Both assuming Story is able and still wants to come to Auburn?

I’m going on the assumption that Story is out but, honestly, I’d take both. We were wanting Perry with Story so….

5 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

Saw that. Not necessarily a position of need in my opinion, but this kid rushed for over 1,000 yards as a true freshman after not starting the first few weeks. Very talented. 

I wonder how his hands are. With his size, he could contribute in the slot possibly.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I wonder how his hands are. With his size, he could contribute in the slot possibly.

Only showing one catch for the year. But looked quick enough to be in the slot during the bowl game. Great production for a freshman. 

AAE2A488-CEF6-46F4-9D61-5F46F2BCC161.jpeg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, au302 said:

https://calbears.com/sports/football/roster/mckade--mettauer/18103

TNOS saying to watch this one closely. Will Friend is in heavy communication and supposedly he and Harsin are about to talk soon

This would be equivalent of getting a 5* for a season. Legit 1st round potential talent

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, JMassie11 said:

This would be equivalent of getting a 5* for a season. Legit 1st round potential talent

I'm hopeful and excited. Him and Jones at the guard spots is very good. At minimum, way better than Council/Manning

• Like 1
  • Love 1

9 hours ago, Mikey said:

OL is no worse than QB, or LB if Pappoe doesn't return.

Nice work by Gus in multiple areas. Huh?

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, au302 said:

https://calbears.com/sports/football/roster/mckade--mettauer/18103

TNOS saying to watch this one closely. Will Friend is in heavy communication and supposedly he and Harsin are about to talk soon

Pulling this out again:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3gr2ehBBRk

Edited by AUwent
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, W.E.D said:

Nice work by Gus in multiple areas. Huh?

The time has passed for pulling out the lame excuses. The current staff had last year to plug any holes they felt were needed and all of this cycle. If we're short at one position or another next season, that's on Harsin & Co.

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

8 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

Considering that the excuse was that they forgot to plan his ceremony, seems that he was either dropped or decided to look elsewhere himself. I read either on here or on On3 that he was more of an EDGE when he committed but that he gained weight and is more of an interior prospect now. We obviously got depth there plus Sledge, M'ba, and hopefully this Oregon guy and even Woody if we're lucky

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, au302 said:

Considering that the excuse was that they forgot to plan his ceremony, seems that he was either dropped or decided to look elsewhere himself.

I'm hearing that Story decided to mess around with UGA, Harsin got wind of it and pulled the plug. If so, I agree with Harsin. The forgot to plan it excuse is laughable.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Mikey said:

I'm hearing that Story decided to mess around with UGA, Harsin got wind of it and pulled the plug. If so, I agree with Harsin. The forgot to plan it excuse is laughable.

If that's true then wow. Story is a good player, but hard to imagine Kirby having room for him with all the 5 stars on the DL. I'm sure he'll find a good spot to land

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, au302 said:

If that's true then wow. Story is a good player, but hard to imagine Kirby having room for him with all the 5 stars on the DL. I'm sure he'll find a good spot to land

My guess is that Kirby never intended to take Story, he just wanted to mess Auburn up.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mikey said:

My guess is that Kirby never intended to take Story, he just wanted to mess Auburn up.

May have unknowingly did us a favor if we somehow land the Oregon guy tomorrow... Oh well, hope it works out and he has a great career

4 hours ago, Mikey said:

The time has passed for pulling out the lame excuses. The current staff had last year to plug any holes they felt were needed and all of this cycle. If we're short at one position or another next season, that's on Harsin & Co.

Haha. Of course!!! 1 recruiting cycle is all it takes

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, Mikey said:

Not sure we should expect freshmen to plug the holes, but agreed they should have been ready for some of the holes. If LB is a hole I could understand it would take them another year to cover. QB should be a pass this year also as no one expected Bo to leave.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Mikey said:

Incorrect. The staff last year had no time to get HS players and was only able to try and snag a few transfer players with little to no relationships especially coming in after early NSD. This year is their first full cycle. After 2023’s signing class we’ll see what roster management looks like. If that class resembles Gus’ classes you can have your day in the sun. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, W.E.D said:

Haha. Of course!!! 1 recruiting cycle is all it takes

1&1/2 to be exact. Other new coaches have done it. New coaches at AU have done it in the past. Those were done without the benefit of the transfer portal, which has made it easier than ever to fill glaring voids.

7 minutes ago, tbone1430 said:

Incorrect. The staff last year had no time to get HS players and was only able to try and snag a few transfer players with little to no relationships especially coming in after early NSD. This year is their first full cycle. After 2023’s signing class we’ll see what roster management looks like. If that class resembles Gus’ classes you can have your day in the sun. 

In spite of all the crybaby whining about O-line, this staff has signed a grand total of one high school O-line player each year. Either they can't get it done or the whiners are incorrect and the need isn't there. Which is it? PS: My day in the sun would be that AU had won at least 10 regular season games this year (the pieces of the puzzle were all there) and will finish 15-0 next year. This season must have been an eclipse?

• Haha 1