Transfer Portal Targets/Commits (2022)

AUght2win

6 hours ago, AUght2win said:

https://www.si.com/college/tamu/football/aggies-demond-demas-transfer-portal-arrest-jimbo-fisher-2022

Former 5 star with experience catching balls from Calzada? Sounds like a no brainer to offer.

No brainer! Are you kidding me? Have you researched him at all?

Edited by provibe

7 hours ago, AUght2win said:

https://www.si.com/college/tamu/football/aggies-demond-demas-transfer-portal-arrest-jimbo-fisher-2022

Former 5 star with experience catching balls from Calzada? Sounds like a no brainer to offer.

Not just no.  Way too many "situations" he has found himself in, starting as a junior in HS. Lots has been swept away for this "generational talent".

• Like 5

7 hours ago, AUght2win said:

He beat his girlfriend.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Sizzle said:

Damn what the hell is the USCe coaching staff doing that ours isn’t? They had a mediocre season just like we did and a newer staff just like us

The new staff at South Carolina turned a team with a 2-8 record into one with a 7-6 record. That is a pretty good selling point, an indication that things are on the up-swing. Auburn's new staff can't show improvement over the prior year.

https://247sports.com/player/demeioun-robinson-46082055/?msclkid=ff9d6c2db04011ecb6f98e4545b2bbf1

Edge rusher to watch out for. Auburn Is interested.

Demeioun Robinson 

Maryland football DE Demeioun Robinson enters transfer portal

ByMATT HOWE Mar 28, 2:23 PM

Late Kick Blitz: Realistic expectations for Miami's recruiting team

Maryland Terrapins’ defensive end Demeioun Robinson entered the transfer portal Monday, 247Sports has learned. Robinson is a former 247Sports Composite four-star recruit out of Gaithersburg (Md.) Quince Orchard. He was also the No. 68 ranked overall player and the No. 4-ranked edge rusher in the recruiting class of 2021. As a true freshman in 2021, Robinson appeared in all 13 games, making one start. He totaled 19 tackles, 2.5 tackles for loss, and two sacks. Robinson took to Twitter to announce his decision Monday afternoon.

“First, I would like to thank the University of Maryland’s coaches and staff endlessly for their genuine support, guidance, and opportunities this past year,” Robinson wrote. “I have such a deep appreciation for everything that has been done for me! It has been a pleasure playing for this program and working with such great leaders and players. After discussing it with my family and praying on it, and following my heart, I have decided to enter the transfer portal. I look forward to the future, and what’s to come. I am excited for more opportunities to become a better man, teammate, and player!”

At the time of his recruitment, 247Sports’ National Recruiting Analyst Brian Dohn projected Robinson as a first-round NFL draft pick and gave him a pro comparison to Yannick Ngakoue.

“Has length in his frame and offers position versatility as a defensive end or outside linebacker,” Dohn wrote. “Can bulk up to 250 of play at 230 but needs to continue to add strength to his upper body. Shows fast-twitch muscles in ability to get off at snap. Has lower body flexibility to dip shoulder and get around edge to accelerate into backfield. Has speed to chase plays down from behind. Shows off-ball quickness. Has to work on stacking and shedding blocks and being able to anchor when ball is run at him. Has ability to play immediately at high-level program. First round NFL draft potential."

Edited by toddc
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I'm gonna be honest, if we haven't, we need to back channel talk with guys not in the portal and who may have no reason to want to enter. Take matters into your own hands. WR1, Ike Hilliard, SEC exposure, NIL. Yea our team may suck right now, but there's selling points 

9 hours ago, au302 said:

I'm gonna be honest, if we haven't, we need to back channel talk with guys not in the portal and who may have no reason to want to enter. Take matters into your own hands. WR1, Ike Hilliard, SEC exposure, NIL. Yea our team may suck right now, but there's selling points 

This would be a clear violation of the NCAA rule against tampering. I suppose it is being done by most if not all schools to a greater or lesser extent. The problem is, when dealing with NCAA violations, Auburn seems to always get the shaft while others get the goldmine.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Mikey said:

This would be a clear violation of the NCAA rule against tampering. I suppose it is being done by most if not all schools to a greater or lesser extent. The problem is, when dealing with NCAA violations, Auburn seems to always get the shaft while others get the goldmine.

I know. You gotta do it very discreetly. But yes, I do believe everyone's doing it. I am not sure if we are though since everyone says Harsin is extremely by the book. With them sniffing for cause, I don't see him doing anything that could jeopardize him 

11 hours ago, au302 said:

I know. You gotta do it very discreetly. But yes, I do believe everyone's doing it. I am not sure if we are though since everyone says Harsin is extremely by the book. With them sniffing for cause, I don't see him doing anything that could jeopardize him 

The whole NIL thing is going to blow up into an unenforceable mess in the near future. It may already be that way and the information is yet to become common knowledge.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Mikey said:

The whole NIL thing is going to blow up into an unenforceable mess in the near future. It may already be that way and the information is yet to become common knowledge.

The NCAA let this thing go from it being against the rules to buy a kid a sandwich to multi-million dollar NIL deals. Completely reckless. Not sure how they reign it in now. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

The NCAA let this thing go from it being against the rules to buy a kid a sandwich to multi-million dollar NIL deals. Completely reckless. Not sure how they reign it in now. 

Reign what in?

What exactly is the damage being done?

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Reign what in?

What exactly is the damage being done?

I have no problem with players being compensated (and compensated very well). I believe it should have happened years ago. But this thing got rolled out too quickly and with few guardrails. I think it would’ve been wise to do a slower rollout and set up some pilot programs to test different approaches first. Right now it’s ready, fire, aim. 

Edited by Gowebb11
  • Like 3

20 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

I have no problem with players being compensated. I believe it should have happened years ago. But this thing got rolled out too quickly and with few guardrails. 

Okay, but I have to ask again: what exactly is wrong? What guardrails are needed and why, specifically?

23 hours ago, Mikey said:

No it wouldn't.  You can talk to coaches or players can talk to other players.  You just can't talk directly to players.

Everyone does it.  s*** or get off pot.

9 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Okay, but I have to ask again: what exactly is wrong? What guardrails are needed and why, specifically?

I don’t think there is good clarity in the following areas: is there a well defined entity to oversee it? Is it Congress, NCAA, universities, conferences? Can it work equitably if different states have different rules? Are there clear and well defined do’s and don’t’s regarding tampering and player contacts. If players are signing contracts, are they represented by agents? If so, can they now have dealings with other sports/NFL agents? These are a few things that come to mind for me. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

34 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

I have no problem with players being compensated (and compensated very well). I believe it should have happened years ago. But this thing got rolled out too quickly and with few guardrails. I think it would’ve been wise to do a slower rollout and set up some pilot programs to test different approaches first. Right now it’s ready, fire, aim. 

The people/organizations you speak of that should do tests/ controlled roll out, lost that opportunity over last 10 years. State legislatures moved in their stead which opened the gates. Critters are out of the barn (figure of speech) now so no chance to control access. Universities just are able to react now. Most people that lament the movement is about the effect to their particular teams. Should be about compensation beginning to get where it should have all along ( the ones who are at risk playing).

• Like 1

On 3/28/2022 at 2:06 PM, bigbird said:

Believe it or not, Boom had USCe better organized and set up. 

It seems like he had a pretty well run organization, no?  I hate he couldn't get more wins to stay as head coach.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

The people/organizations you speak of that should do tests/ controlled roll out, lost that opportunity over last 10 years. State legislatures moved in their stead which opened the gates. Critters are out of the barn (figure of speech) now so no chance to control access. Universities just are able to react now. Most people that lament the movement is about the effect to their particular teams. Should be about compensation beginning to get where it should have all along ( the ones who are at risk playing).

100% agree on player compensation.  Should’ve happened years ago. 

30 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

Can it work equitably if different states have different rules?

This is a good point. Although I'm curious if it's that much different than existing disparities with regards to academic requirements and such. 

As for the rest of it, I just don't see much being different except the math. 

1 hour ago, abw0004 said:

It seems like he had a pretty well run organization, no?  I hate he couldn't get more wins to stay as head coach.

Yes

4 hours ago, McLoofus said:

This is a good point. Although I'm curious if it's that much different than existing disparities with regards to academic requirements and such. 

As for the rest of it, I just don't see much being different except the math. 

I also believe it will be interesting to see what happens when there is a high profile ‘violation’ of the NIL rules. Who will make that call, how will it be handled, and what if any punitive measures will be taken. I’m sure there are plans in place but it seems to be a steep learning curve for a while.