Transfer Portal Targets/Commits (2022)

AUght2win

12 hours ago, W.E.D said:

Adding a walk on to scholarship shouldn't count against a class since he's been here for a season or more. I don't think we're anywhere near getting to 85

A walkon dosen't count against a class after he's been here three years. Jackson hasn't been here three years. He counts against our annual limit.

7 hours ago, Mikey said:

A walkon dosen't count against a class after he's been here three years. Jackson hasn't been here three years. He counts against our annual limit.

So he's essentially treated like a gray shirt offer. Paid his own way and counts against the '22 class or can ir count forward to the '23 class 

9 hours ago, TigerPAC said:

Didn’t we recruit Mims pretty hard?  Be a nice pickup. 

Him and Clay Webb were recruited by us pretty hard.

I would love to get Webb.  I remember he was a class-act when it came to his recruiting.

Edited by abw0004

17 hours ago, au302 said:

He's busy riding the pine for Rick Barnes😆.... in all seriousness though they had Gordon at ILB yesterday. Looks like he's bulked up. Looked damn good out there though

He did look good. Read plays well and has bulked up. Riley and Steiner played well and Kam Brown had a nose for that ball in the scrimmage.  We have Woodyard coming in so we are good at LB right now. Big need a couple O-Line, a WR, another Edge rusher Then coaches decide what they need most. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Yep.....and I'm back from Vegas baby

I thought what went to Vegas stayed in Vegas. Oh wait, that doesn’t sound right. 😝 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, abw0004 said:

I would love to get Webb.  I remember he was a class-act when it came to his recruiting.

What happened to the lawsuit against him for making a fellow teammate drink his own "bodily fluids"??

https://www.al.com/news/2020/01/alleged-high-school-prank-bullying-leads-to-federal-suit-against-former-oxford-5-star-recruit.html

Lots of articles of the lawsuit, but can't find the outcome. 

Edited by W.E.D

13 hours ago, Tigger1985 said:

Two 5* Oline from Georgia hit the portal

This is a huge opportunity for AU to pick up these 5* guys, get to work Coach Friend!

48 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

What happened to the lawsuit against him for making a fellow teammate drink his own "bodily fluids"??

https://www.al.com/news/2020/01/alleged-high-school-prank-bullying-leads-to-federal-suit-against-former-oxford-5-star-recruit.html

Lots of articles of the lawsuit, but can't find the outcome. 

I was referring to his recruitment.  From what WDE said, he was very respectable to all of our coaches so it does not appear bridges were burned with the university itself with all of those previous coaches gone.

Trying to be as impartial as I can. From I can gather from the lawsuit, unless another former student testified as a witness to the event I don't know how you have a case.

Plausible deniability: For all we know, the plaintiff was just being played mind games. Regardless of what was or wasn't in the Gatorade bottle though, it clearly demonstrates malicious behavior on part of the locker room. Even if Webb were simply complicit in said mind games, it would paint a poor light on his character.

I do feel bad for the plaintiff who felt so bullied that transferring to a private school was the only option. I wouldn't be surprised if this ends in some sort of settlement at very least. But of course I also have not seen any follow up too the story since the lawsuit was revealed

53 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

I was referring to his recruitment.  From what WDE said, he was very respectable to all of our coaches so it does not appear bridges were burned with the university itself with all of those previous coaches gone.

I can be nice to one person and not to another.

46 minutes ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

False

They could get an NCAA/SEC waiver, but that's a bit of an unknown. Any intra SEC portal entry after Feb 1 and you have to sit.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

False

Not according to other posters. To transfer from 1 SEC school to another they have to be in the portal by Feb 1. Do u have evidence that's false? I don't know, but asked and that was the response

Edited by NWALA Tiger

Vandy OT Tyler Steen commits to bama

Must be nice

Edited by W.E.D

1 hour ago, W.E.D said:

Vandy OT Tyler Steen commits to bama

Must be nice

Yep.  Not sure if we reached out at all.   Does not appear we made much of an impression though if we did.  Guess a guaranteed starting job at auburn is not worth much of a look these days.  He probably has close to the same guarantee at bama so I get it.   

11 minutes ago, casatiger said:

Yep.  Not sure if we reached out at all.   Does not appear we made much of an impression though if we did.

Was the laterScreenshot_20220412-150400_Chrome.thumb.jpg.153422fb5c9926b0d6417baca2609473.jpg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, W.E.D said:

Was the laterScreenshot_20220412-150400_Chrome.thumb.jpg.153422fb5c9926b0d6417baca2609473.jpg

I saw on the ESPN bottom line that it was reported that Steen would compete for an OT spot. Not sure what kind of guarantees Auburn made.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, casatiger said:

Yep.  Not sure if we reached out at all.   Does not appear we made much of an impression though if we did.  Guess a guaranteed starting job at auburn is not worth much of a look these days.  He probably has close to the same guarantee at bama so I get it.   

Pretty sure we were heavily in it back then because Derek Mason was our in with him. Once he left that ship sailed

• Like 1

On 4/10/2022 at 10:32 PM, Tigger1985 said:

Two 5* Oline from Georgia hit the portal

Too bad they were not prior to Feb

Isn't that the SEC date for interconference transfers?

• Like 1