Jump to content
Null

Transfer Portal Targets/Commits (2022)


AUght2win
 Share

Recommended Posts

Mike Farrell of rivals saying that Ricky Pearsall, ASU receiver transfer, has locked in a visit with us and Florida. Dude is supposedly pretty good and was one of their top receivers, not buried on the depth chart. We gotta get him on campus first

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites





I’m worried about us landing these guys. If I’m a WR looking to transfer, I’m looking at our QB room and wondering if Auburn can offer me. I hope NIL Auburn is making some big times moves.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Rednilla said:

Don't know if this has already been mentioned, but my source said we are likely adding a safety transfer from Texas. Didn't mention who, just said it's going to be a big(ish) deal.

By the end of this week?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Rednilla said:

Don't know if this has already been mentioned, but my source said we are likely adding a safety transfer from Texas. Didn't mention who, just said it's going to be a big(ish) deal.

Texas (Austin) or Texas the state?

Do we really need another safety?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Arizona State transfer to visit Tigers

21 hours ago

 

Former Arizona State receiver Ricky Pearsall, who entered the NCAA transfer portal last week, will officially visit Auburn, a source with knowledge of his recruitment confirmed to Auburn Undercover. The news previously was reported by @FarrellPortal on Twitter.

Pearsall, a junior, led the Sun Devils with 48 catches, 580 receiving yards and four receiving touchdowns last season.

At this time, no exact date appears to be set for his Auburn official visit. Swamp247 reported recently that Pearsall will officially visit Florida on April 29. Apparently, Pearsall does have some connections to the Gators staff.

Per Jacob Rudner of Swamp 247 the Sun Devils were high on Pearsall's potential.

"I think he's far from reaching his peak," ASU wide receivers coach Bobby Wade said of Pearsall earlier this month. "I think a lot of it has to do with his mentality each week and how he prepares and he does a great job at that. And we're going to do a great job of moving him around: We think he's a guy that can handle the multiple snaps, multiple positions. I think he's a physical player. I think he's mentally tough. And, you know, we'll rely on him to make a lot of plays."

Auburn hopes to add one or even two receivers via the transfer portal.

17COMMENTS

Pearsall played high school football at Corona Del Sol in Tempe, Ariz. He was the No. 20 recruit in the state of Arizona as a senior in the 2019 class.

Per his 247Sports profile, Arizona State was his only Power 5 offer in high school.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

By the end of this week?

Well, he'll have to be in the portal by the end of this week, but that just means his name will be out there.

38 minutes ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

Texas (Austin) or Texas the state?

He didn't clarify which. But if I had to guess, I'd say UT Austin.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Rednilla said:

Don't know if this has already been mentioned, but my source said we are likely adding a safety transfer from Texas. Didn't mention who, just said it's going to be a big(ish) deal.

@GwillMac6

@bigbird

😁

I9Gq.gif

  • Love 1
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Apparently Aggies WR Caleb Chapman is off the board.  

Either our staff is really confused or the SEC's new rule is very very dumb, but according to ppl inside our AD we can't take Chapman b/c the SEC rules require ALL kids to be in the portal by Feb 1st to play immediately.  That includes grad transfers. 

If our staff is correct on this rule, it's a really really stupid rule by the SEC.  Grad kids should be free to go whenever.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 days left, hopefully we see a flood of kids.

Is there even a single kid currently in the portal we feel good about?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

Texas (Austin) or Texas the state?

Do we really need another safety?

I think so. EDGE, WR, DL, and S seem to be the biggest needs in order. We are sorta thin there with a lot of potential but without a lot of experience. Get another one and Kaufman can also focus on Nickel

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, W.E.D said:

Apparently Aggies WR Caleb Chapman is off the board.  

Either our staff is really confused or the SEC's new rule is very very dumb, but according to ppl inside our AD we can't take Chapman b/c the SEC rules require ALL kids to be in the portal by Feb 1st to play immediately.  That includes grad transfers. 

If our staff is correct on this rule, it's a really really stupid rule by the SEC.  Grad kids should be free to go whenever.

It's hard to keep up with these rules. Everything I read about Steen, the Vandy OL, is that he is expected to compete for a starting spot at UA this fall. He is a grad that just transferred a couple weeks ago. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, cbo said:

It's hard to keep up with these rules. Everything I read about Steen, the Vandy OL, is that he is expected to compete for a starting spot at UA this fall. He is a grad that just transferred a couple weeks ago. 

True, but think he had entered the portal back in December or January. Such a dumb rule if true. Grad transfers should be allowed to have more freedom. Feels like they always did until this rule, but may be wrong 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, au302 said:

True, but think he had entered the portal back in December or January. Such a dumb rule if true. Grad transfers should be allowed to have more freedom. Feels like they always did until this rule, but may be wrong 

Ah, gotcha. Didn't realize he entered the portal that long ago. Thanks. 

Does feel like grad transfers are more restricted than before, while everyone else has more freedom. Dumb. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, au302 said:

True, but think he had entered the portal back in December or January. Such a dumb rule if true. Grad transfers should be allowed to have more freedom. Feels like they always did until this rule, but may be wrong 

Yup.

6 minutes ago, cbo said:

Does feel like grad transfers are more restricted than before

Which is really stupid 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Is the rule that any SEC player entering the portal after Feb 1st has to sit a year IF they want to transfer to another SEC program?  In other words, they can still transfer out of conference and be immediately eligible to play?

IMO grad-transfers should be able to transfer uninhibited, but I'm sure late portal guys have known the rules and still chose to enter after the SEC cutoff date. IDK?  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, JerryAU said:

Is the rule that any SEC player entering the portal after Feb 1st has to sit a year IF they want to transfer to another SEC program?  In other words, they can still transfer out of conference and be immediately eligible to play?

Yes. For example, J. Johnson entered the portal a couple of days after Feb. 1st, expecting to transfer to Ole Miss. When he found out he'd have to sit a year at another SEC school, he came back to Auburn.

Edited by Mikey
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, W.E.D said:

Apparently Aggies WR Caleb Chapman is off the board.  

Either our staff is really confused or the SEC's new rule is very very dumb, but according to ppl inside our AD we can't take Chapman b/c the SEC rules require ALL kids to be in the portal by Feb 1st to play immediately.  That includes grad transfers. 

If our staff is correct on this rule, it's a really really stupid rule by the SEC.  Grad kids should be free to go whenever.

It is an SEC rule i found a while ago too. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, W.E.D said:

4 days left, hopefully we see a flood of kids.

Is there even a single kid currently in the portal we feel good about?

I think there is another date they can Enroll for 2nd semester Au aSummer that they can sign to us and they would be eligible in the fall. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, steeleagle said:

I think there is another date they can Enroll for 2nd semester Au aSummer that they can sign to us and they would be eligible in the fall. 

I don't believe they need to be in school for summer, just for fall.  May 1st is just entry into the portal.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

With current AU players who were in the portal, now have come back to AU...Does anyone know exactly how many spots we have to fill as of today? 

The ones coming back don't really effect the numbers.  We aren't going to be able to take as many kids as we could.  7 or 8 is the count most places have.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

The ones coming back don't really effect the numbers.  We aren't going to be able to take as many kids as we could.  7 or 8 is the count most places have.

I guess the thing to look for is guys in the portal from non SEC Schools. Since THE SEC guys won't be eligible  this year. Too many rules on this transfer portal stuff.. Needs to be uniform across the board

Edited by NWALA Tiger
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...