Transfer Portal Targets/Commits (2022)

AUght2win

32 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

I guess the thing to look for is guys in the portal from non SEC Schools. Since THE SEC guys won't be eligible  this year. Too many rules on this transfer portal stuff.. Needs to be uniform across the board

The SEC really s*** the bed by requiring grad transfers to also be in by Feb 1st.  If you graduate, you shouldn't have any limitations.  This new rule gave underclassmen more freedom, but restricted Graduates.  Which is really dumb.

I think it's pretty safe to say that the arguments of "The spring transfer portal will have just as much talent as the winter portal" is completely dead.

The amount of talent and the amount of top tier kids that transferred and wanted to be at their schools for Spring dwarted the talent pool for the kids that transferred in the last month.  We had multiple non p5 All American OL transfer.  Top talent QBs.  5* Running backs and I'm sure much more.

We've got "insiders" now claiming we aren't going to take any OL (probably b/c there aren't any).

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

We got seven extra transfer slots and have used five so far. I believe the remaining two are "use 'em or lose 'em" in this cycle. As thin as the AU roster is, it would be a shame if we can't get two players to sign, regardless of position.

I believe the five remaining regular slots can carry over for early enrolees in the next class. That's assuming the NCAA doesn't change the rules again. Not sure what good five extra will do us next year if we can't even fill the 23 slots we had this time.

Edited by Mikey
  • Sad 1

27 minutes ago, Mikey said:

We got seven extra transfer slots and have used five so far. I believe the remaining two are "use 'em or lose 'em" in this cycle. As thin as the AU roster is, it would be a shame if we can't get two players to sign, regardless of position.

I believe the five remaining regular slots can carry over for early enrolees in the next class. That's assuming the NCAA doesn't change the rules again. Not sure what good five extra will do us next year if we can't even fill the 23 slots we had this time.

The carry over should be from the 25 limit, right?  So they could be used for HS or transfer kids next year?

I feel the NCAA will have some level of "replacement" players going forward, but probably less than 7.

God help us if we can't convince at least one WR to come over and help us out.  The ASU kid or possibly the 2nd year player from Oklahoma, Cody Jackson.  Clay Webb would be a dream if we can convince him to sit out a year or pray a waiver would get approved. 

3 hours ago, W.E.D said:

I think it's pretty safe to say that the arguments of "The spring transfer portal will have just as much talent as the winter portal" is completely dead.

The amount of talent and the amount of top tier kids that transferred and wanted to be at their schools for Spring dwarted the talent pool for the kids that transferred in the last month.  We had multiple non p5 All American OL transfer.  Top talent QBs.  5* Running backs and I'm sure much more.

We've got "insiders" now claiming we aren't going to take any OL (probably b/c there aren't any).

Duh, LOL.

There have been some promising players enter late. The issue is: most of these guys are entering for NIL reasons and have deals lined up elsewhere already, and aren't really even options for us.

So we're back to hoping to set-up visits and/or taking the scraps for the most part.

I haven't seen any indication on us playing the NIL game with portal players.

• Sad 1

• Like 1

3 hours ago, toddc said:

Saw very limited action in 3 years at UT not sure he is caliber player we need.

13 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

Maybe all we can get for backup duties though , which is what he would be.

• Like 1

For receiver, the common thought I've been seeing across a few places is that Pearsall is the #1 target (obviously), and Worsham is the realistic fall back that we could probably get since he wants to come closer to home. I'll believe it when I see it that we can even land a receiver though, lol

13 hours ago, W.E.D said:

The carry over should be from the 25 limit, right?  So they could be used for HS or transfer kids next year?

The carryover slots would have to be for early enrolles. If we carry over five, we'd have 30 slots for next year, five of which would have to be early guys.

9 hours ago, Mikey said:

The carryover slots would have to be for early enrolles. If we carry over five, we'd have 30 slots for next year, five of which would have to be early guys.

Yeah, and that shouldn't be an issue now-a-days

12 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

Unfortunately that's about where we are at

1 hour ago, AUght2win said:

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/33849319/sources-star-pittsburgh-panthers-wr-jordan-addison-enter-transfer-portal

This would be enormous. All-American wide receiver. They need to throw the kitchen sink at the kid to get him.

They can throw the kitchen sink at him and more and it still ain’t happening. Why would he come to Auburn when he wouldn’t even know who’s throwing him the ball

• Like 1

Just now, Sizzle said:

They can throw the kitchen sink at him and more and it still ain’t happening. Why would he come to Auburn when he wouldn’t even know who’s throwing him the ball

Only way we get him is if yellow fellow adopts him

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

41 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Humm might have to give him a call

59 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

I bet they have a lot of BBQ at his house....just sayin

1 hour ago, Sizzle said:

Because we may be one of the only post-spring power teams that can offer a receiver a guaranteed spot as the #1 target and because we have Ike Hilliard/a pro style offense, and the primary reason he is transferring is to find a system to boost his NFL stock.

23 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Because we may be one of the only post-spring power teams that can offer a receiver a guaranteed spot as the #1 target and because we have Ike Hilliard/a pro style offense, and the primary reason he is transferring is to find a system to boost his NFL stock.

He wants to boost his NFL stock?  Maybe we get lucky and he didn't watch the draft last week. 🤞

It appears Lincoln got to the kid and downplayed Pitt having a new QB, a new OC and a new WR coach this season.  That Pitt situation sounds a little like ours. 

Edited by JerryAU

19 minutes ago, JerryAU said:

He wants to boost his NFL stock?  Maybe we get lucky and he didn't watch the draft last week. 🤞

It appears Lincoln got to the kid and downplayed Pitt having a new QB, a new OC and a new WR coach this season.  That Pitt situation sounds a little like ours. 

I’ve been very critical of Harsin but this week’s draft whiffs have absolutely nothing to do with him. Gus planted that crop and there was nothing that could be done about it in a year’s time. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

I’ve been very critical of Harsin but this week’s draft whiffs have absolutely nothing to do with him. Gus planted that crop and there was nothing that could be done about it in a year’s time. 

And when several get drafted next year it’s not on him either. Or ?

17 minutes ago, toddc said:

And when several get drafted next year it’s not on him either. Or ?

With each year that passes he’ll obviously get increasing credit/blame for our draft performance.

• Like 2

I have been a Harsin fan. That said next years NFL class could have 4 or 5 some Gus, Hall and Wooden some Harsin like Leotah.

• Like 1