Transfer Portal Targets/Commits (2022)

AUght2win

3 hours ago, Sizzle said:

They can throw the kitchen sink at him and more and it still ain’t happening. Why would he come to Auburn when he wouldn’t even know who’s throwing him the ball

USC bound I bet. Unless they fear the tampering investigation.

One pick in for Oregon 

Edited by toddc
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, toddc said:

And when several get drafted next year it’s not on him either. Or ?

Unless it is one of Harsin’s transfers.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JerryAU said:

He wants to boost his NFL stock?  Maybe we get lucky and he didn't watch the draft last week. 🤞

It appears Lincoln got to the kid and downplayed Pitt having a new QB, a new OC and a new WR coach this season.  That Pitt situation sounds a little like ours. 

Definitely tampering going on with this portal thing. It's got to be reigned in

• Like 1

8 hours ago, au302 said:

https://kansas.rivals.com/news/cooper-lovelace-breaks-down-kansas-offer-upcoming-visits

This is a juco OL that I have seen thrown around on a few sites. Not sure if he's a guy we're talking to, but imo we should be. Read his quotes in the article. Absolutely perfect mesh for Harsin, lol

How the hell is there a JUCO kid for 22 still available?

Ok, he has only played football for like 2.5 years. Bur still....this is nothing but a hail mary

UNC Charlotte LG Dmitri Emanuel
ASU OG/OT Spencer Lovall

These two seem to be our primary focus on OL targets.  Lovall was offered by USC I believe.  

1 hour ago, W.E.D said:

UNC Charlotte LG Dmitri Emanuel
ASU OG/OT Spencer Lovall

These two seem to be our primary focus on OL targets.  Lovall was offered by USC I believe.  

Damn USC after every guy who enter the portal 

16 hours ago, AUght2win said:

I’ve been very critical of Harsin but this week’s draft whiffs have absolutely nothing to do with him. Gus planted that crop and there was nothing that could be done about it in a year’s time. 

Where did I mention Harsin OR Gus in my statement? 

You said the guy wants to boost his draft stock somewhere else.  I simply question why he'd come to Auburn when he'll have a middling oline, a new QB, a new OC, and a new WR coach.  Didn't he leave Pitt for those very same reasons? 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

Like white on rice.  Lincoln knows he has to build that roster up and quick. 

34 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

They have no choice need as many as they can get

30 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

Yeah. It's the path to quickly reload. Also believe they had a tiny HS class since they hired Riley so late

5 hours ago, W.E.D said:

How the hell is there a JUCO kid for 22 still available?

Ok, he has only played football for like 2.5 years. Bur still....this is nothing but a hail mary

I agree, but may be worth a shot with a high upside guy with years left. USC and Florida just offered so we're probably late anyways. The thing with Lovell and Dimitri is that they are super seniors I believe. Not sure it makes a ton of sense to bring more 1 year guys in from a roster management stand point. Guess we can't be picky though

It’s not like I’m talking though. It seem like we after every DL that hits the portal

Edited by Sizzle

42 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

It’s not like I’m talking though. It seem like we after every DL that hits the portal

He apparently went to HS with Owen Pappoe.  There is some talk that his grades are bad and he might not be eligible to transfer in.  Transfer can now get a 2nd bachelors, so it's not like he has to get into a grad program.  Seems odd

3 hours ago, JerryAU said:

Where did I mention Harsin OR Gus in my statement? 

You said the guy wants to boost his draft stock somewhere else.  I simply question why he'd come to Auburn when he'll have a middling oline, a new QB, a new OC, and a new WR coach.  Didn't he leave Pitt for those very same reasons? 

We have an NFL system, an All-Pro WR as the position coach, and we play in the NFL’s most drafted conference, giving him tape against the best competition.

1 hour ago, W.E.D said:

He apparently went to HS with Owen Pappoe.  There is some talk that his grades are bad and he might not be eligible to transfer in.  Transfer can now get a 2nd bachelors, so it's not like he has to get into a grad program.  Seems odd

I get we have the slots but I don’t understand why we are spending energy recruiting transfers at arguably our deepest position. Feels like a Gus move just taking the best available.

2 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

I get we have the slots but I don’t understand why we are spending energy recruiting transfers at arguably our deepest position. Feels like a Gus move just taking the best available.

You think that Edge is arguably our deepest position?

It is actually the complete opposite. We have two guys (both Seniors who will be gone next season) in Hall and Leota, and pretty much no one who has done anything behind them. This is a big need because those two guys can't play every snap, and what happens if there is an injury? Guys like Brooks haven't even stepped onto the field yet, that isn't a player to bank on from a production standpoint in this conference.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

One, you can never have too many pass rushers.
Two, he could be a Super Sr in '23 and in '23 we don't really have a ton of depth in pass rushers.

We're recruiting a handful of players right now.  We have enough time to target areas outside OL/S/WR

52 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

We have an NFL system, an All-Pro WR as the position coach, and we play in the NFL’s most drafted conference, giving him tape against the best competition.

image.png.9bf269fabf63e5ba068933447481499f.png

Edited by JerryAU

The "Addison/Young" training tweet gives eerily similar thoughts to that OSU WR transfer uat just got drafted in the 1st round last week. 

1 hour ago, JerryAU said:

The "Addison/Young" training tweet gives eerily similar thoughts to that OSU WR transfer uat just got drafted in the 1st round last week. 

I believe Addison is the player in the middle of the tampering “scandal” with Lincoln Riley.