Transfer Portal Targets/Commits (2022)

AUght2win

19 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Fall camp was used, or should have been used, to polish. (The much longed for "development") Obviously they had the group they wanted already on campus. If not they'd have gone after replacements earlier,  when replacements were available.

There you go, moving the goal posts again. Yes, they had fall practice to do their best to mold a serviceable unit, but they didn't have that amount of time included in the time used to evaluate, which is what I was talking about.

See, this is why people take such issue with you, Mike. When caught on a point, you obfuscate and distort, twisting the narrative to look like you'd been right all along when it's clear to virtually everyone who reads this message board that, at best, you're delusional. There's more to this whole situation than anyone on this message board knows about, and acting like you know all there is to it is foolish. So just stop.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 2

10 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

There you go, moving the goal posts again. Yes, they had fall practice to do their best to mold a serviceable unit, but they didn't have that amount of time included in the time used to evaluate, which is what I was talking about.

See, this is why people take such issue with you, Mike. When caught on a point, you obfuscate and distort, twisting the narrative to look like you'd been right all along when it's clear to virtually everyone who reads this message board that, at best, you're delusional. There's more to this whole situation than anyone on this message board knows about, and acting like you know all there is to it is foolish. So just stop.

It’s a game that, as long as people keep participating, will keep being played. There isn’t a serious purpose to it. Best to just laugh at how ridiculous it is and move on

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

the narrative that we didn't try to get transfer lineman because the coaches were happy is just sooooooooo stupid.

guys were offered, but were not interested.  guys were offered only a chance to compete for a starting spot.

• Like 1

If they are so happy with the group of 7 seniors they inherited, I'm sure they'd have gladly took them back. As of right now I'm not sure many return. Maybe Coffey for depth and one or two others.

On another note, there's thought that Frazier could try tackle. He's buried at TE so may as well, as other option would likely be portal. Posters on another board saying he's pushing 290 right now

• Like 1

Bobby Haskins…one of the OL transfers from Virginia that we had reached out to is now off the board. Headed to USCw to play for Riley. Oh well! 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, auburnphan said:

the narrative that we didn't try to get transfer lineman because the coaches were happy is just sooooooooo stupid.

guys were offered, but were not interested.  guys were offered only a chance to compete for a starting spot.

The fact that people can’t understand this astounds me. The majority of transfers with 1 year left are either going somewhere they are guaranteed to start to improve their draft stock or chasing a championship. Auburn had a new unproven staff and positions would have to be earned. How anyone can’t honestly say the oline played better than expected is astounding as well. This staff is looking for contributors not just bodies with a star attached.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, JMassie11 said:

The fact that people can’t understand this astounds me

I don't think it's that they don't understand. It's that they choose to ignore it because it doesn't bolster their argument.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

11 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

You’re right that warm bodies were available. But name the specific players that became available after spring practice (when coaches couldn’t meet face to face with recruits) who we should’ve gone after. What school did those players end up at and what proof do we have that they would've been better than what we had? 

One went from LSU to Kentucky, where he became their starter at tackle. As far as naming more, I don't get paid a six-figure salary to scour the nation for guys who could help. We do have some on the staff who get paid to do just that. Since they decided to stand pat, we can only assume they were satisfied with what they had on hand.

• Facepalm 2

10 hours ago, Rednilla said:

There's more to this whole situation than anyone on this message board knows about, and acting like you know all there is to it is foolish. So just stop.

Explain all the deep, dark secrets you speak of.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mikey said:

One went from LSU to Kentucky, where he became their starter at tackle. As far as naming more, I don't get paid a six-figure salary to scour the nation for guys who could help. We do have some on the staff who get paid to do just that. Since they decided to stand pat, we can only assume they were satisfied with what they had on hand.

From know on when someone goes to Wikipedia and searches for “beating a dead horse” it will now give a link to this thread. Please mods leave this so we can be a part of history together 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

17 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Interesting 

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Yes, Rosenthal. Left LSU for off field issues. I don’t blame a new staff for not pursuing that. And you don’t have to scour the nation. You just go to the portal website. There you’ll find that the majority of OTs transferred in Dec of 20 or Jan of 21, leaving our new staff no time to evaluate. So no, this staff didn’t have a lot of choices available. I did learn that Prince Sammons from AU found a home; Davenport University in small Michigan. Best landing spot he could find after three years on scholarship at Auburn. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

I did learn that Prince Sammons from AU found a home; Davenport University in small Michigan. Best landing spot he could find after three years on scholarship at Auburn. 

I think we all know he didn't turn out to be very good. Another 4* prospect who simply couldn't cut it at the major college level.

11 hours ago, Rednilla said:

More of this please!!! lol

hand-bite-leonardo-dicaprio.gif

• Haha 3

8 hours ago, Mikey said:

Explain all the deep, dark secrets you speak of.

You don't deserve to know. Besides, you've never been good at changing your opinion when given new information, so it's not like it would make any difference other than that I might burn a source.

8 hours ago, Mikey said:

Since they decided to stand pat, we can only assume they were satisfied with what they had on hand.

No, there's plenty of other conclusions that can be extrapolated from that information. Besides, you know what assuming does, right? I realize you already are one, but the rest of us don't deserve the result.

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, fredst said:

It’s a game that, as long as people keep participating, will keep being played. There isn’t a serious purpose to it. Best to just laugh at how ridiculous it is and move on

It was a full four years ago when the dude blamed our players on offense for losing the LSU game. He said that Gus's game plan- to start burning clock and quit trying to score *before halftime*- was correct and that it was the players' faults for not properly executing the 17 consecutive runs on first down. 

Why anyone has bothered trying to have a conversation with the guy since is beyond me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

It was a full four years ago when the dude blamed our players on offense for losing the LSU game. He said that Gus's game plan- to start burning clock and quit trying to score *before halftime*- was correct and that it was the players' faults for not properly executing the 17 consecutive runs on first down. 

Why anyone has bothered trying to have a conversation with the guy since is beyond me.

I just had a panic attack where I was in the Matrix and Gus was our head coach.   The Agents were wearing LSU uniforms.   There were thousands of them all stacked up on the line of scrimmage.   Not a single one was off the line of scrimmage.   Gus kept running the ball over and over.   As soon as the running back got the handoff everything went into slow motion until the Agents crushed the running back at the line of scrimmage.  At that point, everything would go back to full speed.  It just kept repeating over and over.  I'm thankful altered reality isn't real.      

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, roe4christ said:

Bobby Haskins…one of the OL transfers from Virginia that we had reached out to is now off the board. Headed to USCw to play for Riley. Oh well! 

Sigh....we're gonna get shut out on OL again...aren't we?

10 hours ago, Mikey said:

I think we all know he didn't turn out to be very good. Another 4* prospect who simply couldn't cut it at the major college level.

Another one?? Have we been signing a lot of those the last several years or something?

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Sigh....we're gonna get shut out on OL again...aren't we?

I’m having to just turn off all emotions regarding our Oline. It is absolutely amazing that we just land so few serious recruits to this position group. It has to get better because it can’t get worse

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

20 minutes ago, Paladin said:

Cal Bears Guard

As Freddie Mercury said “and another one gone, and another one gone, another one bites the dust.”