Jump to content
Null

Transfer Portal Targets/Commits (2022)


AUght2win
 Share

Recommended Posts

13 hours ago, JBiGGiE said:

According to the On3 guys, seems like academics was the issue. Credit transfers and degree paths are the fickle mistress behind the Transfer Portal...

Call bull**** on that if he can get into UF, a much better academic institution, and can also get into Oregon. 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites





2 hours ago, W.E.D said:

Call bull**** on that if he can get into UF, a much better academic institution, and can also get into Oregon. 

 

They claim it's the damn transfer of credits. Believe that bs happened with Desi Sills last year two. Seems like it's only us that it affects. Frustrating 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, au302 said:

They claim it's the damn transfer of credits. Believe that bs happened with Desi Sills last year two. Seems like it's only us that it affects. Frustrating 

Sills ended up going yo Arkansas St, not another P5 school. Might be accurate there.

If he can legitimately get into UF he can get into Auburn. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, au302 said:

They claim it's the damn transfer of credits. Believe that bs happened with Desi Sills last year two. Seems like it's only us that it affects. Frustrating 

When it comes to ANY compliance issue, whether it's academics or student-athlete benefits, Auburn is the most thorough and comprehensive in their analysis of the situation.  Many times in recent years to the detriment of Auburn.  Both football and basketball have suffered and will continue to suffer when it comes to these situations.  Auburn will continue to miss out on players that enroll at other SEC schools.  It sucks but it is what it is.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, tinman1 said:

  It sucks but it is what it is.

That same compliance department is what saved our bacon in the Cam Newton fiasco. Anything less than their attention to detail and we'd have been screwed. Agree, it is what it is, but it hasn't been all bad.

  • Like 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Mikey said:

That same compliance department is what saved our bacon in the Cam Newton fiasco. Anything less than their attention to detail and we'd have been screwed. Agree, it is what it is, but it hasn't been all bad.

I agree, but it chaps my butt when I see other programs get preferential treatment over Auburn.  (Bama and Colin Sexton as example.)  It feels like sometimes we need to let the chips fall where they may on borderline issues.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, W.E.D said:

Sills ended up going yo Arkansas St, not another P5 school. Might be accurate there.

If he can legitimately get into UF he can get into Auburn. 

It is not a question of getting into. He might have some credits not transfer or we might not have the degree he has been working on.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

It is not a question of getting into. He might have some credits not transfer or we might not have the degree he has been working on.

Cmon. He wasn't taking some obscure major that only ASU Oregon and UF offer.

Again, if those credits count at UF they would count here at a lesser academic institution. 

Edited by W.E.D
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just to add to that, On3 are the ones pushing grades. They've been a defacto media arm for the coaching staff.  Which I fully support taking advantage of and helping creating hype.  Same goes for "canceling his OV" a few days before it was supposed to happen bc of "Auburn’s elite transfer requirements".

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, W.E.D said:

Just to add to that, On3 are the ones pushing grades. They've been a defacto media arm for the coaching staff.  Which I fully support taking advantage of and helping creating hype.  Same goes for "canceling his OV" a few days before it was supposed to happen bc of "Auburn’s elite transfer requirements".

Hearing Jeffrey Lee and Pinkston drool over the state of the program you’d never think our win total is set at 5 from the Wynn.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, CR said:

Hearing Jeffrey Lee and Pinkston drool over the state of the program you’d never think our win total is set at 5 from the Wynn.

Pinkston is hilariously bad.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

 

Somehow it is only impacting Auburn.

 

Essentially we s*** the bed once again in the transfer portal.  We signed 1 homesick oft injured WR.  We aren't even going to be able to sign the 7 free slots given to us by the NCAA.  

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/8/2022 at 7:11 AM, W.E.D said:

Cmon. He wasn't taking some obscure major that only ASU Oregon and UF offer.

Again, if those credits count at UF they would count here at a lesser academic institution. 

Tell me you know nothing about the accreditation system without telling me you know nothing about the accreditation system.

Look, I get it. You're black-pilled on Harsin... But trying to paint the multiple reports as just AU Athletic Dept. propaganda is tin-foil hat territory.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, JBiGGiE said:

Tell me you know nothing about the accreditation system without telling me you know nothing about the accreditation system.

Look, I get it. You're black-pilled on Harsin... But trying to paint the multiple reports as just AU Athletic Dept. propaganda is tin-foil hat territory.

UF and Oregon aren't accredited universities?

I like parts of Harsin, but I'm going to call a spade a spade.  He got his ass handed to him again in the portal.  4 portal sessions since he was hired.  0 OL.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, W.E.D said:

UF and Oregon aren't accredited universities?

I like parts of Harsin, but I'm going to call a spade a spade.  He got his ass handed to him again in the portal.  4 portal sessions since he was hired.  0 OL.

You do know there are different accrediting boards, right? Certain boards don't recognize certain curriculum approved by others. That's why you can't just transfer wherever you want to if graduating on time or not having to retake classes is important to you. And according to NCAA grad transfer rules, it kinda matters, hence the Path To Degree rule that our compliance office invoked.

You can say you're calling a spade, a spade but I think you miss the big picture: Nearly the entire OL is returning. How many transformative O-Linemen we're available in the portal this year? One, maybe two? And now you're gonna tell this guy he has to compete for his spot when he could be guaranteed a starting job at a dozen P5 schools. Not to mention he's being recruited by half the country if he's worth his salt.

Now let's consider the few who were as good as what we're returning. Are you going to waste your last year of eligibility riding the bench if you don't win the starting job for which you're being told to compete for? That's a pretty hard sell.

Now as far as underclassmen go, for building depth, there's still time before we judge. Most transfers now will have to sit a year, so we'd be looking for developmental linemen or homesick players. And that's okay.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, JBiGGiE said:

You can say you're calling a spade, a spade but I think you miss the big picture: Nearly the entire OL is returning. How many transformative O-Linemen we're available in the portal this year? One, maybe two? And now you're gonna tell this guy he has to compete for his spot when he could be guaranteed a starting job at a dozen P5 schools. Not to mention he's being recruited by half the country if he's worth his salt.

You're the one who isn't seeing the "big picture".

They offered and were heavily interested in at least ~3-4 transfer OL well before Brahms and Troxell ever announced they were coming back, they just all ended up choosing other schools. In reality, those two (Troxell and Brahms) were 100% done with football after the season ended. If you ride Occam's Razor, it is very obvious that those two were talked into coming back after the staff learned that they weren't going to get any of the guys they were after from the Portal. It's called a very weak contingency plan.

But you are here arguing as if Troxell and Brahms scared away all the transfer portal players they were after. Neither of those two "returning starters" have been particularly good at all, and if you look at other spots on the OL, you'll see very little in terms of actual locked-in proven starters. It's basically just Keiondre Jones. Killian Zierer has literally played in only a handful of games, and at the other Guard spot you have what? Brandon Council? Alec Jackson? 

Every school has guys like Brandon Council - a guy who is average at best and at times has been very bad. He spent lots of last season on the bench. That isn't a barrier to entry for ANYONE. Nor is any highly-recruited transfer OT scared of competing with Killian Zierer who has basically played in like ~3-4 football games.

The timing of this stuff is all VERY easy to trace. Mason Brooks, the transfer OT who ended up picking Ole Miss, took an official visit to Auburn. This was while Austin Troxell was still 100% out the door. Mason Brooks left Auburn without committing. A few days after that, low and behold, Austin Troxell out of nowhere announces that he's coming back to Auburn. C'mon dawg, do you think I'm dumb or something? 

The fact that all these guys are "back" was never part of the initial plan. Otherwise why were they actively recruiting so many transfer portal OL who were obviously going to start wherever they ended up choosing? They just couldn't get the guys that they were after - at which point it became a necessity to talk Austin Troxell and his 75-year old knees to give it another go.

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, JBiGGiE said:

You do know there are different accrediting boards, right? Certain boards don't recognize certain curriculum approved by others. That's why you can't just transfer wherever you want to if graduating on time or not having to retake classes is important to you. And according to NCAA grad transfer rules, it kinda matters, hence the Path To Degree rule that our compliance office invoked.

Kids can get into UF, a better academic institution than Auburn, but not here. Yet somehow, now, when we are at the end of the rope...this is the excuse. 

50 minutes ago, metafour said:

You can say you're calling a spade, a spade but I think you miss the big picture: Nearly the entire OL is returning. How many transformative O-Linemen we're available in the portal this year? One, maybe two? And now you're gonna tell this guy he has to compete for his spot when he could be guaranteed a starting job at a dozen P5 schools. Not to mention he's being recruited by half the country if he's worth his salt.You can say you're calling a spade, a spade but I think you miss the big picture: Nearly the entire OL is returning. How many transformative O-Linemen we're available in the portal this year? One, maybe two? And now you're gonna tell this guy he has to compete for his spot when he could be guaranteed a starting job at a dozen P5 schools. Not to mention he's being recruited by half the country if he's worth his salt.

Trox, Brahms, and Council are all garbage.  We literally tried to recruit at least a dozen OL and all told us no and went elsewhere. We didn't miss out on them bc our awful OL came back.

1 hour ago, JBiGGiE said:

Most transfers now will have to sit a year,

That's not true.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, metafour said:

The fact that all these guys are "back" was never part of the initial plan.

Correct. Go look at the dates. We didn't get texts about them "running it back" until we missed in every winter OL target 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, metafour said:

You're the one who isn't seeing the "big picture".

They offered and were heavily interested in at least ~3-4 transfer OL well before Brahms and Troxell ever announced they were coming back, they just all ended up choosing other schools. In reality, those two (Troxell and Brahms) were 100% done with football after the season ended. If you ride Occam's Razor, it is very obvious that those two were talked into coming back after the staff learned that they weren't going to get any of the guys they were after from the Portal. It's called a very weak contingency plan.

But you are here arguing as if Troxell and Brahms scared away all the transfer portal players they were after. Neither of those two "returning starters" have been particularly good at all, and if you look at other spots on the OL, you'll see very little in terms of actual locked-in proven starters. It's basically just Keiondre Jones. Killian Zierer has literally played in only a handful of games, and at the other Guard spot you have what? Brandon Council? Alec Jackson? 

Every school has guys like Brandon Council - a guy who is average at best and at times has been very bad. He spent lots of last season on the bench. That isn't a barrier to entry for ANYONE. Nor is any highly-recruited transfer OT scared of competing with Killian Zierer who has basically played in like ~3-4 football games.

The timing of this stuff is all VERY easy to trace. Mason Brooks, the transfer OT who ended up picking Ole Miss, took an official visit to Auburn. This was while Austin Troxell was still 100% out the door. Mason Brooks left Auburn without committing. A few days after that, low and behold, Austin Troxell out of nowhere announces that he's coming back to Auburn. C'mon dawg, do you think I'm dumb or something? 

The fact that all these guys are "back" was never part of the initial plan. Otherwise why were they actively recruiting so many transfer portal OL who were obviously going to start wherever they ended up choosing? They just couldn't get the guys that they were after - at which point it became a necessity to talk Austin Troxell and his 75-year old knees to give it another go.

 

We have 7 spots. If we cleared out Trox, Brahms, Council, Jackson, etc. and replaced them all, how do we take receivers, EDGE's, safety, etc.? It's a terrible situation. I agree that we should've gotten a couple of portal OL and fricked up on that, but I don't see how the math works to where we could've ran off all those dudes and replaced them without having to have walk-ons in the two deep at EDGE and possibly receiver 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Correct. Go look at the dates. We didn't get texts about them "running it back" until we missed in every winter OL target 

People just cover their eyes and see whatever it is they want to see, when the actual timing of events that took place is very clear and obvious. It's really something.

Here's a fun one: it took Derick Hall only a few days after the Bowl game concluded to decide and announce that he was not going to go to the NFL and was coming back for another season. Yet I'm supposed to believe that it took Austin Troxell almost a full month to mull over whether he wanted to come back or not? Troxell doesn't even have an NFL future, so what exactly was he contemplating? 

In fact, prior to the Iron Bowl he made an Instagram post where he was basically proclaiming that it was his last Iron Bowl - because he obviously had no intention of playing another season. Then, conveniently after the staff completely whiffs on multiple transfer options that they recruited and 100% wanted to take, he decides that he's coming back another year? 

I don't think you need to be Sherlock Holmes to uncover what played out there. Yet I've seen numerous people try to rewrite history to make it seem as if Troxell coming back was a known given, which explains why transfer replacements didn't want to come here. First of all, this isn't how it happened from a timing perspective at all, but lets pretend that the timing actually did agree with it: Austin Troxell still isn't scaring anyone of value from wanting to come here SMH.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, metafour said:

People just cover their eyes and see whatever it is they want to see, when the actual timing of events that took place is very clear and obvious. It's really something.

Here's a fun one: it took Derick Hall only a few days after the Bowl game concluded to decide and announce that he was not going to go to the NFL and was coming back for another season. Yet I'm supposed to believe that it took Austin Troxell almost a full month to mull over whether he wanted to come back or not? Troxell doesn't even have an NFL future, so what exactly was he contemplating? 

In fact, prior to the Iron Bowl he made an Instagram post where he was basically proclaiming that it was his last Iron Bowl - because he obviously had no intention of playing another season. Then, conveniently after the staff completely whiffs on multiple transfer options that they recruited and 100% wanted to take, he decides that he's coming back another year? 

I don't think you need to be Sherlock Holmes to uncover what played out there. Yet I've seen numerous people try to rewrite history to make it seem as if Troxell coming back was a known given, which explains why transfer replacements didn't want to come here. First of all, this isn't how it happened from a timing perspective at all, but lets pretend that the timing actually did agree with it: Austin Troxell still isn't scaring anyone of value from wanting to come here SMH.

No man! You got it all wrong! All these guys came back because they were told about Harsin’s super secret plan and wanted to be National Champs next year. It had nothing to do with the fact that they all likely got low draft grades and were begged to come back, because we didn’t have anyone to take their places. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, au302 said:

We have 7 spots. If we cleared out Trox, Brahms, Council, Jackson, etc. and replaced them all, how do we take receivers, EDGE's, safety, etc.? It's a terrible situation. I agree that we should've gotten a couple of portal OL and fricked up on that, but I don't see how the math works to where we could've ran off all those dudes and replaced them without having to have walk-ons in the two deep at EDGE and possibly receiver 

You act like we are even going to be able to take our full spots when we aren't 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, W.E.D said:

Kids can get into UF, a better academic institution than Auburn, but not here. Yet somehow, now, when we are at the end of the rope...this is the excuse. 

Trox, Brahms, and Council are all garbage.  We literally tried to recruit at least a dozen OL and all told us no and went elsewhere. We didn't miss out on them bc our awful OL came back.

That's not true.

Come on man with your personal attacks on players ! Calling men who work their arses off for our football team “trash “ is over the top. That’s uncalled for on here. Show at least a modicum of class towards Auburn players if it’s in you. Please 

Edited by toddc
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, toddc said:

Come on man with your personal attacks on players ! Calling men who work their arses off for our football team “trash “ is over the top. That’s uncalled for on here. Show at least a modicum of class towards Auburn players if it’s in you. Please 

I'm sorry you didn't like my descriptor for "not good".  That's not a personal attack.  I didn't say they were bad people, only their play relative to high level SEC lineman

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...