Transfer Portal Targets/Commits (2022)

AUght2win

23 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

What makes you think they aren't respected?

Again, like the other person, you are conflating my criticism and think I'm attacking them personally.  I am not.  This is solely a discussion about football talent.  You can be a good person and a bad offensive lineman.  You can try very hard and be a terrible Offensive Center.  You can love you spouse and treat her well and be a disaster at Right Tackle.

Their ability (or lack there of) isn't a criticism of them personally.  Just how well they perform on the football field.

Just think it's over the top to call someone or their talent level garbage. JMO

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

38 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

What ever makes you feel good to describe all of nearly all the OL on are team as not being SEC Talent, that's what they are.  Whatever you use is going to have the exact same meaning.

No it shouldn’t have the same meaning. 

is. It their fault our OL is avg, no.  

how many of these guys could of just hung it up without the extra Covid year allowed and moved on with this life? They came back and will at least  do their best even if they could get hurt busting their 5th and 6th year of eligibility. they stayed to give us a chance. 

they are Auburn players and they represent my team. We will see if we are better moving the ball on the ground. If we don’t well know why but don’t put the albatross on our current OL as they playing to their ability. 

’Garbage’ should be used on those coaches who are not getting us OL that will allow us to compete at a higher level. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Again, like the other person, you are conflating my criticism and think I'm attacking them personally.  I am not.  This is solely a discussion about football talent.  You can be a good person and a bad offensive lineman.  You can try very hard and be a terrible Offensive Center.  You can love you spouse and treat her well and be a disaster at Right Tackle.

Their ability (or lack there of) isn't a criticism of them personally.  Just how well they perform on the football field.

Well for 1, I usually don't run around calling people that I respect,  garbage. Whether I'm talking about them personally or talent level wise or whatever. Look, u can call whoever , whatever and critize them however you want. That's on you. I'm just stating my opinion

• Like 3

1 minute ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Well for 1, I usually don't run around calling people that I respect,  garbage. Whether I'm talking about them personally or talent level wise or whatever. Look, u can call whoever , whatever and critize them however you want. That's on you. I'm just stating my opinion

WED didn’t say they were garbage. The problem is he defended someone else  even though there are certainly other words that would have meant the same but not as brazen as ‘garbage’. 🤔

15 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

WED didn’t say they were garbage. The problem is he defended someone else  even though there are certainly other words that would have meant the same but not as brazen as ‘garbage’. 🤔

He said... by name that 3 OL  players were garbage. His words, not mine. That may not have been what he meant, but that's what was said

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

Oh WED trashed 'em alright. 

I know what his intent and it was a choice of words, nothing more.  No big deal. 

I respect the hell out of those players though and hope NIL Auburn is paying them very well for agreeing to come back & help us through this transition period.  They didn't have to come back to work their asses off for Auburn, but they did and I appreciate it. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

I tend to agree with NWALA on this. A slightly different wording like their O-Line play has not been stellar up to this point instead of saying it is garbage.  Then you are getting across what you mean without sounding mean. We are talking about young men who are working hard and doing the best they can who also have graduated and come back to help the team so they do deserve our respect just for that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Is it really any different from saying they suck or they aren't good?

That's said constantly and probably even worse especially about TJ Finley. I don't recall anyone mounting their stead to ride to his defense

1 hour ago, steeleagle said:

No it shouldn’t have the same meaning. 

is. It their fault our OL is avg, no.  

how many of these guys could of just hung it up without the extra Covid year allowed and moved on with this life? They came back and will at least  do their best even if they could get hurt busting their 5th and 6th year of eligibility. they stayed to give us a chance. 

they are Auburn players and they represent my team. We will see if we are better moving the ball on the ground. If we don’t well know why but don’t put the albatross on our current OL as they playing to their ability. 

’Garbage’ should be used on those coaches who are not getting us OL that will allow us to compete at a higher level. 

So Will Friend doesn't represent Auburn in some way? He's a coach, right? Is on the field during games?

That makes absolutely no sense.

No...it's not their fault they aren't any good. But the fact is they aren't any good

24 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

I tend to agree with NWALA on this. A slightly different wording like their O-Line play has not been stellar up to this point instead of saying it is garbage.  Then you are getting across what you mean without sounding mean. We are talking about young men who are working hard and doing the best they can who also have graduated and come back to help the team so they do deserve our respect just for that.

You're just beating around the bush and arguing semantics and...dare I say it...being a tad snowflake-esq and overly sensitive 

Cursory search shows me that @AuburnNTexas said our entire defense "sucks" and specifically our linebackers on a few occasions.

I guess saying these kids "suck" is OK. Weird double standard 

2 hours ago, W.E.D said:

You can also be a good person and a shitass poster.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Haha 4

44 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Is it really any different from saying they suck or they aren't good?

That's said constantly and probably even worse especially about TJ Finley. I don't recall anyone mounting their stead to ride to his defense

Like I said, call them whatever u want. You said they or their talent level was garbage as well as saying we have a s*** roster.  I disagree with both statements.  To me, that's where it begins and ends.

9 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

How is that any different from you saying the linebackers suck or the entire defense sucks??

Saying a position unit sucks is OK to you. But calling a position unit "garbage" is somehow totally different??

Let's just move on. We can agree to disagree over  how we characterize AU players. So, after u get done looking through all my prior posts , trying to find a "gotcha" post. It's time to move on

• Like 3