Jump to content
Null

Transfer Portal Targets/Commits (2022)


AUght2win
 Share

Recommended Posts





7 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Yes. Having 3/5ths of your OL not go through spring together is just fine

Obviously not. You stated Auburn would get shut out again. But if Auburn gets  a few experienced olineman after spring ball then maybe some of the hand wringing can stop.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, SumterAubie said:

You stated Auburn would get shut out again

No. I asked a question.

4 minutes ago, SumterAubie said:

But if Auburn gets  a few experienced olineman after spring

Post spring transfers are typically going to be guys who fell behind on the DC and aren't starting. Probably not the best bunch to hang our hats on

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, SumterAubie said:

Obviously not. You stated Auburn would get shut out again. But if Auburn gets  a few experienced olineman after spring ball then maybe some of the hand wringing can stop.

I will thoroughly enjoy the melt until then. 

Every time a 3* from some different part of the country transfers closer to home, a fat little left tackle angel gets his wings. 

Edit: @JMassie11 made this joke first and better, see his post above

Edited by McLoofus
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, JMassie11 said:

With some of y’all it could be a recruit out of Alaska that’s never been to the south but bc he chose to stay somewhere north the staff whiffed 🤦‍♂️

I mean, one guy literally went coast to coast and the other probably 1,000 miles away.

This is a bad summary of current players changing schools. But yeah. We're doing great.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Every time a 3* from some different part of the country transfers closer to home

UVA kid from Connecticut goes to USC...LA is basically the northeast.

As long as we get one or three it doesn't matter how many we miss. But these are very good P5 players our staff has offered.

Probably the state of our program right now if anyone is honest with ourselves. Maybe some Ivy transfers and FCS. Some good players from those program tho

Edited by W.E.D
Link to comment
Share on other sites

If the Cornell kid can play center and we found a tackle, I'd take that in a heart beat.

Zierer. Coffey. Transfer

Jones, Wright, Smith or others

Cornell transfer?? Smart kid that is mean should be a good Center.

Feels better than what we had last year 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

If the Cornell kid can play center and we found a tackle, I'd take that in a heart beat.

Zierer. Coffey. Transfer

Jones, Wright, Smith or others

Cornell transfer?? Smart kid that is mean should be a good Center.

Feels better than what we had last year 

Agreed. I feel like, at minimum, we need a tackle and a center, because I think Zierer has what it takes to play OT in the SEC, and I feel like we can find two guards amongst the rest of the group we've got to work with. 

But it feels critical that we pick up at least a tackle and a center who can come in and start day 1.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

Agreed. I feel like, at minimum, we need a tackle and a center, because I think Zierer has what it takes to play OT in the SEC, and I feel like we can find two guards amongst the rest of the group we've got to work with. 

But it feels critical that we pick up at least a tackle and a center who can come in and start day 1.

Center seems so hard to plug and play. Has me a bit worried, hopefully we can find something. Jabril Irvin has been here for 3 years I think. I guess he'll get the start tomorrow??

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Jhead says that Mason Brooks (OT) and Hunter Nourzad (OG/OC) are the top two targets at OL in the portal currently and have been for a while now. He also says that the target is only two transfer OL right now, which seems light to me, but who knows. 

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, metafour said:

Jhead says that Mason Brooks (OT) and Hunter Nourzad (OG/OC) are the top two targets at OL in the portal currently and have been for a while now. He also says that the target is only two transfer OL right now, which seems light to me, but who knows. 

I'm not sure about the names, but if Brooks is from Western Kentucky and Nourzad is from Cornell, that lines up with the intel I got a week ago. Supposedly the coaches also think we're going to pick up one more high school O-lineman, too.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

I'm not sure about the names, but if Brooks is from Western Kentucky and Nourzad is from Cornell, that lines up with the intel I got a week ago. Supposedly the coaches also think we're going to pick up one more high school O-lineman, too.

Yup, those are the two - Brooks from Western Kentucky, and Nourzad from Cornell.

Jhead also says that they think there might be more names entering after Bowl/Playoff season ends (or they could outright have back-channel info there) so the staff doesn't want to settle for low-hanging fruit right now. This idea is a bit anxiety inducing for me given the long-standing problems at the position, but I can't imagine that they don't have some sort of "plan" at OL.

There's been a lot of people speculating Brandon Frazier moving to OT as well. No idea if there are any legs to that idea, but that would change the numbers as well.

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, metafour said:

Yup, those are the two - Brooks from Western Kentucky, and Nourzad from Cornell.

Jhead also says that they think there might be more names entering after Bowl/Playoff season ends (or they could outright have back-channel info there) so the staff doesn't want to settle for low-hanging fruit right now. This idea is a bit anxiety inducing for me given the long-standing problems at the position, but I can't imagine that they don't have some sort of "plan" at OL.

There's been a lot of people speculating Brandon Frazier moving to OT as well. No idea if there are any legs to that idea, but that would change the numbers as well.

Guessing Brooks would be RT and Z/Trox at LT? Then Nourzard at center, KJ at one guard spot, and a battle for the other. With Coffey taking a redshirt and now having two years left, Frazier and Wright possibly switching over, and Trox potentially coming back, depth may be replenished. Problem is it may not be quality depth, but what's new

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Crouching Tiger said:

JHead says that Nourzad can play either center of guard, which could be a plus if NB does not come back.

 

My contact didn't even mention that he played guard. I think the plan is for him to play center.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Potatooooooes!! said:

Another one?? Have we been signing a lot of those the last several years or something?

None who appear as inept as Sammons, but look at our O-line this past year. Pretty much former 4* across the board, plus the #1 and #3 JUCO OT's. The OL recruiting hasn't been as bad as some of the haters would like us to believe.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Mikey said:

None who appear as inept as Sammons, but look at our O-line this past year. Pretty much former 4* across the board, plus the #1 and #3 JUCO OT's. The OL recruiting hasn't been as bad as some of the haters would like us to believe.

Or maybe the previous coaching staff relied upon recruiting services rather than their own analysis, and that's why we ended up with overrated players? Or perhaps it's because the players really were that good out of high school, but they weren't developed by the previous coaching staff and Friend was playing a massive game of catchup? No, that's impossible. Mikey knows everything about linebackers AND offensive line!

14 hours ago, Mikey said:

Second grade playground stuff: "I've got a secret and I'm not telling" LMAO!

No, this is me refusing to capitulate to someone who will never believe good news and spends his time tearing down the coaching staff I'm indirectly getting the information from. Nice try though, really.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Mikey said:

None who appear as inept as Sammons, but look at our O-line this past year. Pretty much former 4* across the board, plus the #1 and #3 JUCO OT's. The OL recruiting hasn't been as bad as some of the haters would like us to believe.

We signed 1 HS OT in like 4 years. Has to be the worst OL recruiting stretch in the history of Auburn University. Its too bad that Harsin is carrying on the tradition. Well i mean i guess he signed 2 OTs in 2 years so not as epically bad as Gus but still terrible.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/27/2021 at 2:15 PM, metafour said:

Jhead says that Mason Brooks (OT) and Hunter Nourzad (OG/OC) are the top two targets at OL in the portal currently and have been for a while now. He also says that the target is only two transfer OL right now, which seems light to me, but who knows. 

We are in such dire need. These guys are a must. And a QB. 
It is criminal how bad we are on the OL. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...