Transfer Portal Targets/Commits (2022)

AUght2win

4 hours ago, gravejd said:

We signed 1 HS OT in like 4 years. Has to be the worst OL recruiting stretch in the history of Auburn University. Its too bad that Harsin is carrying on the tradition. Well i mean i guess he signed 2 OTs in 2 years so not as epically bad as Gus but still terrible.  

Be careful. If scout.com listed them as a tackle coming out of high school, he will claim they should have been able to play the position in college, too. It's his MO.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rednilla said:

Be careful. If scout.com listed them as a tackle coming out of high school, he will claim they should have been able to play the position in college, too. It's his MO.

In any event, I'm just not sure if guys from Cornell are cut out for the SEC. I think we're in very good hands defensively--we had SEC level talent on that side of the ball this year and we're bringing in SEC level talent on that side of the ball in this recruiting class. But offensively is from where my pessimism stems.

• Facepalm 4

32 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Our OL depth really shined today, huh?

I think we need a transfer QB that can partially cover up the deficiencies of the OL, until we get that group together. Agree?

• Like 2

9 hours ago, gravejd said:

We signed 1 HS OT in like 4 years

I've refuted this so frequently that I'm not going to bother again. You're believing what a few haters are posting here. Don't be gullible. Do what I'm tired of doing. Go to one of the recruiting sites, call up a prior year and look for the OL and OT prospects.

5 hours ago, Rednilla said:

Be careful. If scout.com listed them as a tackle coming out of high school,

Then we signed a high school tackle. So easy even a Rednilla should be able to grasp it.

What we need out of the nportal

1) An SEC capable QB

2) An SEC quality LB.

3) An O-lineman or two to make up for the under-recruiting of the past two cycles.

36 minutes ago, Mikey said:

So, the OL recruiting these last two cycles has been just fine? Who knew?

You, you did. You told everyone that OL recruiting and depth was perfectly fine and there was absolutely no need for concern. You said it for over 4 years.

How's that depth we have working out for us now?

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

2 hours ago, cbo said:

I think we need a transfer QB that can partially cover up the deficiencies of the OL, until we get that group together. Agree?

I think we need a dual threat QB for a season or two until we stabilize the OL.  A pocket passer is in for a world of hurt and we'll see an abundant amount of 3 and out's if the QB can't run or create for himself.  I think ultimately a pocket passer is more ideal in Harsin's offense but with the current state of our lineman, we can't function that way for a couple of recruiting cycles.  Having said that, I have no idea what Davis might be able to do with our current QB's or any incoming transfers or if Friend can fix the massive leaks.  It might just be that our current OL are not SEC quality or our coaches can't teach/fix the obvious problems.  I am fairly certain that Harsin knows he doesn't have a long rope to play with and that gradual improvement will be expected the next two seasons in order for him keep his job.  Let's see how things play out between now and the end of signing day and see what we have. Given what he inherited, I am willing to give him another season before I begin to get frustrated.  For now, will turn my focus to the basketball team and be thankful that the football season is finally over.

6 minutes ago, bigbird said:

You, you did. You told everyone that OL recruiting and depth was perfectly fine and there was absolutely no need for concern. You said it for over 4 years.

Having a reading problem again? I said LAST TWO CYCLES. Guys graduate. With the emergence of the transfer portal, filling a gap should be easier than ever. Guys graduated, guys got injured or transferred out and no effort was made to plug holes over the LAST TWO CYCLES. Depth was fine before now, but a lot of the old staff's signees have graduated or otherwise moved on. At this rate, there will indeed be a depth problem next year and that problem will be due to the current staff's failures.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

1) An SEC capable QB

2) An SEC quality LB.

3) An O-lineman or two to make up for the under-recruiting of the past two cycles.

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

7 hours ago, Mikey said:

1) An SEC capable QB

2) An SEC quality LB.

3) An O-lineman or seven to make up for the under-recruiting of the past two cycles.

Fixed that for ya. 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Mikey said:

So, the OL recruiting these last two cycles has been just fine? Who knew?

We've under recruited OL the last 6 cycles. Trying to blame this all on Harsin's first two classes is effing laughable. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 1

Regarding a dual threat QB, no, that is not our primary need at QB. TJ's relative lack of mobility wasn't the issue yesterday. He only got sacked once.

He had time to throw on most passing downs. He was just inaccurate. 

Our deficiencies on the offensive line show up much more in the run game.

Also, Harsin has never coached a true DT QB to my knowledge.

We would've won big with Houston's QB yesterday. Or any number of QBs with adequate mobility and better accuracy. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

He had time to throw on most passing downs. He was just inaccurate. 

This is very true. We need more accuracy from the QB.  However, not being able to consistently run the ball allows defenses to back more defenders into coverage instead of honoring the run. That’s going to limit any QBs play. The o-line is the root cause of everything holding this team back in my humble opinion. 

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

This is very true. We need more accuracy from the QB.  However, not being able to consistently run the ball allows defenses to back more defenders into coverage instead of honoring the run. That’s going to limit any QBs play. The o-line is the root cause of everything holding this team back in my humble opinion. 

It's crazy to think about 2010 and 2013 and how anything 3 yards or less was pretty much a guaranteed first down. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, bigbird said:

I just want to know who’s responsible for the under recruiting in the last 2 cycles 🥴

1 hour ago, W.E.D said:

We've under recruited OL the last 6 cycles. Trying to blame this all on Harsin's first two classes is effing laughable. 

This is the truth!  I don’t think anyone told Gus that a tight end isn’t really considered an interior lineman in recruiting 

8 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

You bleed pessimism

No, his pessimism "stems", you see. He grows it in his little emotional garden. He feeds it sadness and waters it with anxiety. He plants in the spring and harvests in the fall. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, JMassie11 said:

I just want to know who’s responsible for the under recruiting in the last 2 cycles 🥴

Since this cycle isn't over, I consider the last two being '20&'21. If you divide those into ESD and LSD, then you have 4 potential signings.  CBH wasn't here for 3 of those. And the 1 he was here for he had only been here a month. 

Who would you hold culpable?

CBH hasn't improved it much so far this cycle, but we aren't done yet. If he strikes out in February or the portal, then that's on him. The '22 class is all his.

• Like 2
  • Love 1