Transfer Portal Targets/Commits (2022)

AUght2win

9 hours ago, Mikey said:

Then we signed a high school tackle. So easy even a Rednilla should be able to grasp it.

You do realize that not all high school tackles have the wherewithal to play tackle in college, don't you? I mean, it's not THAT difficult to understand, even for someone as hard headed as you.

10 hours ago, Mikey said:

I've refuted this so frequently that I'm not going to bother again. You're believing what a few haters are posting here. Don't be gullible. Do what I'm tired of doing. Go to one of the recruiting sites, call up a prior year and look for the OL and OT prospects.

What do you mean don't listen to the few posters. You are literally the only poster on this board that thinks Gus did not do a terrible job recruiting the OL. I was actually about to go and list out the OL signees for the last 6 classes or so to prove a point but then i saw your talking points about the OL class only being bad the last 2 classes and i realized that i had been trolled. Well played sir. Its weird how its hard to not dispute asinine statements when you see them. I fully understand this game you are playing and yet when i see you post something crazy like the OL recruitment was not that bad i just have to come in a correct that statement.  And why would i do that?? You've been around the last few years. I'm not educating you on anything. I'm just giving you attention and thats exactly what you want. 

Thanks for the opportunity for some self reflection and betterment today. So often we get bogged down in the details of life we don't step back and look and the big picture. Understand your audience and understand those you choose to conversate with. Because the person you are trying to conversate with may not actual be looking for conversation and dialogue. They may just be looking for a platform to spew crap all over the place. I personally do not want to be a vehicle for your crap spewing. 

Best of luck in your future trolling. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Love 1

9 hours ago, bigbird said:

You, you did. You told everyone that OL recruiting and depth was perfectly fine and there was absolutely no need for concern. You said it for over 4 years.

How's that depth we have working out for us now?

Wait a minute. Wasn't Mike telling us last year of having 17/18 olineman?

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, gravejd said:

What do you mean don't listen to the few posters. You are literally the only poster on this board that thinks Gus did not do a terrible job recruiting the OL. I was actually about to go and list out the OL signees for the last 6 classes or so to prove a point but then i saw your talking points about the OL class only being bad the last 2 classes and i realized that i had been trolled. Well played sir. Its weird how its hard to not dispute asinine statements when you see them. I fully understand this game you are playing and yet when i see you post something crazy like the OL recruitment was not that bad i just have to come in a correct that statement.  And why would i do that?? You've been around the last few years. I'm not educating you on anything. I'm just giving you attention and thats exactly what you want. 

Thanks for the opportunity for some self reflection and betterment today. So often we get bogged down in the details of life we don't step back and look and the big picture. Understand your audience and understand those you choose to conversate with. Because the person you are trying to conversate with may not actual be looking for conversation and dialogue. They may just be looking for a platform to spew crap all over the place. I personally do not want to be a vehicle for your crap spewing. 

A breakthrough! Yes! More of this, folks!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

It's crazy to think about 2010 and 2013 and how anything 3 yards or less was pretty much a guaranteed first down. 

Watching AU football the last couple of years there is a disturbing trend. I’m seeing more and more plays where we run the ball and an o-lineman doesn’t engage or hit anyone. No one. It happened again yesterday on a 3d and short. A guard (who shall remain nameless but might wear #65) waddled his 320 pound self out of the play gingerly skating by no less than 2 defenders with only gentle love taps with an outstretched hand. Pathetic.  How does that happen, and if I as an average fan can see it why can’t our coaches? And if they do see it, why does that player ever see the field again? We need some big nasties up front who seek and enjoy contact. 

• Like 5
  • Love 2

1 minute ago, Gowebb11 said:

And if they do see it, why does that player ever see the field again?

Well, it's certainly not because of a lack of better options. We've maintained plenty of depth at every OL position for years. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

Since this cycle isn't over, I consider the last two being '20&'21. If you divide those into ESD and LSD, then you have 4 potential signings.  CBH wasn't here for é of those. And the 1 he was here for he had only been here a month. 

Who would you hold culpable?

CBH hasn't improved it much so far this cycle, but we aren't done yet. If he strikes out in February or the portal, then that's on him. The '22 class is all his.

Oh I know. Was more of a rhetorical question as I knew the answer. Just humorous how the statement contradicts many others by said person

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, JMassie11 said:

Oh I know. Was more of a rhetorical question as I knew the answer. Just humorous how the statement contradicts many others by said person

I figured. I wasn't necessarily trying to persuade you (I know your stance), but bring to attention what the actual situation is compared to what others perceive it to be.

1 hour ago, Gowebb11 said:

Watching AU football the last couple of years there is a disturbing trend. I’m seeing more and more plays where we run the ball and an o-lineman doesn’t engage or hit anyone. No one. It happened again yesterday on a 3d and short. A guard (who shall remain nameless but might wear #65) waddled his 320 pound self out of the play gingerly skating by no less than 2 defenders with only gentle love taps with an outstretched hand. Pathetic.  How does that happen, and if I as an average fan can see it why can’t our coaches? And if they do see it, why does that player ever see the field again? We need some big nasties up front who seek and enjoy contact. 

I didn't catch that particular play but I've seen quite a few times this year and last year where the RB was fighting for yards, while the whistle hasn't blown as multiple OL's stand by watching other defenders pile own our RB.  They're just standing there watching.  It was sad.

Edited by SRBautigerfan
  • Like 3

45 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

A breakthrough! Yes! More of this, folks!

happens-more-often-then-not-with-me.gif

32 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Well, it's certainly not because of a lack of better options. We've maintained plenty of depth at every OL position for years. 

I believe 2.4 was the number...It's lower now

• Like 1

We have room to take 4 or 5 OL in the portal. I'd hope this staff can find some developmental players too, not just immediate starters.

The Clemson OL would be an example. He's a 2nd year player and we need talent in our mid year classes, not just starters

Maybe there are some FBS guys or guys like Michael Harris on the OL. We need more than just grad transfers.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

Without seeing the play, my assumption is that said lineman doesn't have the athleticism and quickness to engage the defenders.    This is pretty much the issue with the unit as a whole.   Despite what some poster(s) think, just occupying a jersey between #50 and #79 does not a productive O-lineman make.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 1auburn1 said:

Without seeing the play, my assumption is that said lineman doesn't have the athleticism and quickness to engage the defenders.    This is pretty much the issue with the unit as a whole.   Despite what some poster(s) think, just occupying a jersey between #50 and #79 does not a productive O-lineman make.

Unfortunately, that wasn’t the case on this play and many others Ive seen the past year or two. I’m talking about having 2-3 defenders in arms reach on a run up the middle and not choosing to not hit anyone. An o-lineman should be foaming at the mouth to maul anyone they can reach on a 3d and short situation. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

Unfortunately, that wasn’t the case on this play and many others Ive seen the past year or two. I’m talking about having 2-3 defenders in arms reach on a run up the middle and not choosing to not hit anyone. An o-lineman should be foaming at the mouth to maul anyone they can reach on a 3d and short situation. 

I don't know the play but I believe you because I've seen it several times the last few years. 

It's instinctual and it's the kind of thing that can be missed on a recruiting eval even when a guy has perfect metrics and great athleticism. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Mikey said:

Having a reading problem again? I said LAST TWO CYCLES. Guys graduate. With the emergence of the transfer portal, filling a gap should be easier than ever. Guys graduated, guys got injured or transferred out and no effort was made to plug holes over the LAST TWO CYCLES. Depth was fine before now, but a lot of the old staff's signees have graduated or otherwise moved on. At this rate, there will indeed be a depth problem next year and that problem will be due to the current staff's failures.

Interesting 

• Haha 3

Since it is difficult to play freshmen on the OL, let’s play some of these top notch 4 star red-shirt Sophomore and junior offensive linemen (and specifically OTs) next year… you know, the ones that Gus recruited. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, McLoofus said:

No, his pessimism "stems", you see. He grows it in his little emotional garden. He feeds it sadness and waters it with anxiety. He plants in the spring and harvests in the fall. 

That is the best post I've ever seen on this board. 

• Haha 3

14 hours ago, Rednilla said:

You do realize that not all high school tackles have the wherewithal to play tackle in college, don't you? I mean, it's not THAT difficult to understand, even for someone as hard headed as you.

Then don't spread the misinformation that we didn't sign any high school tackles. Say some high school tackles that we signed didn't work out in college ball, ok. That would be accurate. Saying that we didn't sign any high school tackles is not accurate.

14 hours ago, gravejd said:

Before you accuse me of trolling, go ahead and do your search of prior classes. For starters, I think you'll find that, contrary to popular gossip, AU started several former 4* OL players in the bowl game. Another, Brahms, was injured.

14 hours ago, SumterAubie said:

Wait a minute. Wasn't Mike telling us last year of having 17/18 olineman?

Yes I did, and yes we did. Scholarship O-linemen, though that may have been year before last. I think we were down to 17 on scholarship last year.

Don't take my word for it, find an old roster and count them. An Auburn education should have taught us not to take gossip as fact. So, apply your education and go count.

13 hours ago, bigbird said:

happens-more-often-then-not-with-me.gif

I believe 2.4 was the number...It's lower now

18 divided by 5 is 3.6. Maybe check out a remedial course in arithmetic if one is offered this summer.....

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Yes I did, and yes we did. Scholarship O-linemen, though that may have been year before last. I think we were down to 17 on scholarship last year.

Don't take my word for it, find an old roster and count them. An Auburn education should have taught us not to take gossip as fact. So, apply your education and go count.

I guess they just didn't turn out to be as good as we hoped they would be.