Transfer Portal Targets/Commits (2022)

AUght2win

2 minutes ago, SumterAubie said:

I guess they just didn't turn out to be as good as we hoped they would be.

Obviously, many did not. Others, like Troxell, have seldom been healthy. Still, contrary to popular postings, the raw numbers were there.

11 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Obviously, many did not. Others, like Troxell, have seldom been healthy. Still, contrary to popular postings, the raw numbers were there.

Yeah. Too bad the talent and proper development wasn't though.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Mikey said:

Then don't spread the misinformation that we didn't sign any high school tackles. Say some high school tackles that we signed didn't work out in college ball, ok. That would be accurate. Saying that we didn't sign any high school tackles is not accurate.

We didn't sign any high schoolers who would play tackle in college. I realize the semantics of having played tackle in high school is so important to you, but it has absolutely no bearing on their position when they get to Auburn. When we say Gus didn't sign any high school tackles, it means he didn't sign any high school players who played tackle at Auburn. And THAT is when we need them to play tackle, not when they're going up against 180 pound defensive ends who are clumsy as hell.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

7 hours ago, Mikey said:

Obviously, many did not. 

Okay, so we have a bunch of "highly rated" offensive linemen, many of whom never turned out to be as good as hoped. So, to use your methodology, either one of two things must be true: 1) They were overrated, and Gus was taking the highest rated players he could to save face, or 2) They never got coached up to fulfill their potential.

Which one of those two possibilities shines a good light on Gus Malzahn's recruiting/development?

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

Okay, so we have a bunch of "highly rated" offensive linemen, many of whom never turned out to be as good as hoped. So, to use your methodology, either one of two things must be true: 1) They were overrated, and Gus was taking the highest rated players he could to save face, or 2) They never got coached up to fulfill their potential.

Which one of those two possibilities shines a good light on Gus Malzahn's recruiting/development?

let Mikey explain this

2021-1 3* guard 1 3 * tackle 
2020-2 3* guards 2 3* tackles and 1 3* transfer
2019-1 4* guard and 2 3* guards

2018-1 3* guard 1 3* tackle

10 minutes ago, JMassie11 said:

let Mikey explain this

Give a man enough rope, he will make his own noose...

4 minutes ago, 1716AU said:

Give a man enough rope, he will make his own noose...

Lol. He did that years ago. Doesn't matter. He'll live forever. He's the most popular guy here. 

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, SumterAubie said:

I guess they just didn't turn out to be as good as we hoped they would be.

8 hours ago, Mikey said:

It is too bad the coaching wasn't. 

30 minutes ago, JMassie11 said:

let Mikey explain this

To make it worse for Mikey the 2021 OT was recruited by the new staff. So in 4 years he recruited 3 HS OT's. All 3 *'s.

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

To make it worse for Mikey the 2021 OT was recruited by the new staff. So in 4 years he recruited 3 HS OT's. All 3 *'s.

Exactly 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Over a year now and the conversation is exactly where it started.

It's like we're all in a room with nothing but a hamster wheel and an open door. We all know what he's chosen. I choose the door. 

• Love 1

9 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

It's like we're all in a room with nothing but a hamster wheel and an open door. We all know what he's chosen. I choose the door. 

Over 4+ years

• Like 1

2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

Over 4+ years

The critics abound among us.   But what have you done for me lately?  Why can't we be like them? I KNOW all the problems and how to fix it group.  And last but not least......if none of these satisfy there is the reserve lame blame of JABA and for sure it has to be the PTB.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Ausburn2 said:

The critics abound among us.   But what have you done for me lately?  Why can't we be like them? I KNOW all the problems and how to fix it group.  And last but not least......if none of these satisfy there is the reserve lame blame of JABA and for sure it has to be the PTB.

Um Ok GIFs | Tenor

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Ausburn2 said:

Tilt Head GIFs | Tenor

I for one am just hopeful that somehow soon we will all be able to put the past behind us. It is enjoyable to sign on and read things about the future and new players and such. Maybe we are just too close to the miserable football past for now.

Allegedly has been racking up a lot of Power 5 offers. Could be a name to watch. I for one value offer-list scouting.

3 minutes ago, CameronCrazy said:

Anybody have any idea how many transfer spots we have left? We need AT LEAST the following…

QB

WR 

3 OL

LB

CB

We should have 12 total spots left (transfers + high school + JC or grads).  25 + 7 = 32 - 2 from last year that count in this years class = 30 - 18 signed so far = 12 remaining.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, JMassie11 said:

let Mikey explain this

'21 is on Harsin. Plus, the newly created portal was available and no advantage was taken in regard to O-linemen. Harsin must have felt he had plenty already.

'20: Five O-line prospects isn't enough in one class?

'19= 3 O-lineman is getting a little on the low side, but we had a roster full back then.

'18: Again, the numbers were already on hand. Look at a roster from the '18 and '19 seasons.

Looking at your list, I assume the #1 and #3 JUCO OT are listed at 3*?

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Mikey said:

'21 is on Harsin. Plus, the newly created portal was available and no advantage was taken in regard to O-linemen. Harsin must have felt he had plenty already.

'20: Five O-line prospects isn't enough in one class?

'19= 3 O-lineman is getting a little on the low side, but we had a roster full back then.

'18: Again, the numbers were already on hand. Look at a roster from the '18 and '19 seasons.

Looking at your list, I assume the #1 and #3 JUCO OT are listed at 3*?

If you get hired as a sales executive and you’re given 45 days to make up for a year of being terribly behind would you be considered at fault when the numbers come up grossly short?

• Like 1