Are you and auburn4ever related?

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, woodford said:

….are complete garbage

Mercer - 2022

UMASS - 2023

Cal - 2024

Kudos to our former AD for really getting after it

You mean the same guy that lined up Penn State, Oregon and when they were top 10, Washington?

• Like 2

I liked their approach to scheduling some of our OOC games since they looked to schedule teams we've never played. Auburn has never played Cal or UCLA before. I'm looking forward to visiting both schools. They also scheduled group of 5 teams we've never played like UMass and, before this year, Georgia State. 

4 hours ago, aucanucktiger said:

You mean the same guy that lined up Penn State, Oregon and when they were top 10, Washington?

Neutral sites for 2 of those. 

4 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Auburn fans will find a reason to bitch about anything. 

It’s an online sports forum. I think the openers stink. Others don’t. That’s how this medium operates. 

Personally, if we don’t have a P5 or upper G5 team slated for opening day I’d rather open with a conference game like Arkansas in 2014. 

Opening up with an FCS school is just a little anticlimactic after a long offseason. That’s my point. 

• Like 1

We had layups as leadoff games for a long time. We had a run from 2002-2007 where we opened with a non-cupcake for the most part (Southern Cal in '02 and '03, Georgia Tech in '05, Washington State in '06, Kansas State in '07).

1997 and 1998 we led off with Virginia. 

Now, I'd rather see a slightly higher profile cupcake than Mercer or UMass...hell, schedule Southern Miss or Rice, teams from C-USA or AAC.

I'm OK with a non-P5 opener, though. 

29 minutes ago, woodford said:

Personally, if we don’t have a P5 or upper G5 team slated for opening day I’d rather open with a conference game like Arkansas in 2014. 

Opening up with an FCS school is just a little anticlimactic after a long offseason. That’s my point. 

I like the warmup games.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, SLAG-91 said:

We had layups as leadoff games for a long time. We had a run from 2002-2007 where we opened with a non-cupcake for the most part (Southern Cal in '02 and '03, Georgia Tech in '05, Washington State in '06, Kansas State in '07).

1997 and 1998 we led off with Virginia. 

Now, I'd rather see a slightly higher profile cupcake than Mercer or UMass...hell, schedule Southern Miss or Rice, teams from C-USA or AAC.

I'm OK with a non-P5 opener, though. 

I agree with you there. I’d be fine with any of these teams for an opener

App State

SMU

Boise St. 

Memphis

Houston

48 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

I like the warmup games.

I do, too. Although this season challenged my feelings about that. In the end, our soft early schedule didn't help us at all.

As for the next 3 home openers, I don't see how anyone can complain about Cal. A home and home with a P5 team from the Bay Area is what makes college football amazing. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I do, too. Although this season challenged my feelings about that. In the end, our soft early schedule didn't help us at all.

As for the next 3 home openers, I don't see how anyone can complain about Cal. A home and home with a P5 team from the Bay Area is what makes college football amazing. 

I don’t see the appeal of “Bay Area” football. Stanford would be alright I guess. 

Sometimes the warm up games can really deceive you and leave you unprepared for that first big test in game 3 or 4.  It’s almost better if you face that test in the first game of the season, since the other team is dealing with the same situation.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, woodford said:

I don’t see the appeal of “Bay Area” football. Stanford would be alright I guess. 

It's exposure and great for the players

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

It's exposure and great for the players

And an amazing place to visit for fans and Cal is a program that does have some history but is also one that we should be able to beat on national TV.

• Love 1

23 hours ago, Beaker said:

It's not about the first game.   I am in favor of cupcakes for game one.  Auburn always has to break in that new OC you know.  

It really is the first 3 or so games.   Is there a marquee program in those first three?   That is what is key.  It does not have to be Clemson as they are the rise, but top 10-20 programs is important.   I think we all want to avoid someone like an Oregon or Ohio State right off the bat, but play the Penn State or the UNC or the Iowa - yes: in games 2 or 3. 

22 hours ago, W.E.D said:

Is thread serious?

Who gives a s*** about the first game when we play Penn State/Cal in week 2??

Also, OP is a moron bc in 2024 we don't have an opening game scheduled yet, Cal is Week 2

I find it "moronic" that you could not read my post just above yours that said basically the same thing.     Maybe you just needed to throw mud at another Auburn man/woman.   And you can, if that is your intent.      

On 11/30/2021 at 3:46 PM, DAG said:

Well half the fanbase literally whined about us scheduling hard opponents to open the season due to the SEC opponents. Now we have a light schedule and we still have complaints. 

It's almost as if different people have different opinions. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Chaotic_zx said:

It's almost as if different people have different opinions. 

It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

1 hour ago, DAG said:

It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

That’s not good forum advice. If we did that there would be no forums.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

53 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

That’s not good forum advice. If we did that there would be no forums.

True it's just funny that guy was trying to be a wise-ass but some of the opinions here are pretty idiotic and that's putting it nicely. We have people saying we should get Kellen Moore as OC and they are dead serious. Then these same people will create threads, flaming Auburn and the coaching staff because their illogical want did not come to fruition. These are the same people who procreate and vote. It scares me. 

Edited by DAG
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, DAG said:

True it's just funny that guy was trying to be a wise-ass but some of the opinions here are pretty idiotic and that's putting it nicely. We have people saying we should get Kellen Moore as OC and they are dead serious. These are the same people who procreate and vote. It scares me. 

I definitely vote for procreation!!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

I procreate for votes. 

That’s a good plan. I have 10 grand children but not at all sure they would vote the way I would prefer, so not really sure that is a good plan after all.

• Like 1
  • Love 1