The Next Three Home Openers

woodford

5 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

That’s a good plan. I have 10 grand children but not at all sure they would vote the way I would prefer, so not really sure that is a good plan after all.

Good for you. My mother is begging for grand babies. I am like be careful what you wish for. 

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

That’s a good plan. I have 10 grand children but not at all sure they would vote the way I would prefer, so not really sure that is a good plan after all.

Congrats on your many blessings, sir!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DAG said:

True it's just funny that guy was trying to be a wise-ass but some of the opinions here are pretty idiotic and that's putting it nicely. We have people saying we should get Kellen Moore as OC and they are dead serious. Then these same people will create threads, flaming Auburn and the coaching staff because their illogical want did not come to fruition. These are the same people who procreate and vote. It scares me. 

It is better to be a wise ass than a dumb one. My comment was typed tongue in cheek. Text is hard to convey context. 

Edited by Chaotic_zx

On 11/30/2021 at 4:15 PM, woodford said:

….are complete garbage

Mercer - 2022

UMASS - 2023

Cal - 2024

Kudos to our former AD for really getting after it

We also added teams like Penn State and Oregon, among others to our early season schedules

On 12/1/2021 at 8:46 AM, woodford said:

I agree with you there. I’d be fine with any of these teams for an opener

App State

SMU

Boise St. 

Memphis

Houston

Those are teams with the talent and coaching to beat you, yet if you beat them you are told that they werent top competition

On 12/1/2021 at 8:06 AM, woodford said:

Personally, if we don’t have a P5 or upper G5 team slated for opening day I’d rather open with a conference game like Arkansas in 2014. 

Opening up with an FCS school is just a little anticlimactic after a long offseason. That’s my point. 

Getting beat by a Power 5 teams is even more anticlimactic.

I'm a big fan of a good tough stiff opening day opponent, it's frightening, it's tough but it's also all eyez on auburn. I've seen teams open up w weak azz opponents as "warm up" games for years now only to get blown out by a more worthy opponent the following week. I think this is because the team doesn't spend all off season soley preparing for the tougher opponent because most coaches are fixed in a cycle of week to week prepare for who you face first and so on.. That said.. You can get beat ala Georgia state who frankly did beat us if not for help from the refs at the end.