18. Iowa State 286
19. Oregon State 280
20. Ohio State 275
21. BYU 252
22. Illinois 225
23. N.C. State 213
24. Boise State 190
25. Southern Utah 189

Ranking looks right to me, Florida and Utah are stacked. Florida has Olympians and World Champions fighting for line-up spots. Ranks 10-13 are interchangeable. Auburn will be competitive, maybe produce some upsets but Florida, LSU, and Alabama are clearly top3 in the SEC. Auburn, Arkansas, and Mizzou are comparable. Suni should sell out SEC arenas and generate some hype though.

Edited by AUreo

I just got back from the Preview Meet:

• Nice event & pretty good attendance
  • Olivia Hollingworth injured her (ankle?) early on (beam?). She returned later on bars but was limited
  • Aria Brusch was on fire. She really impressed all-around.
  • Sophia Groth (4-star signee) was a little bit off tonight but its still pre-season and she is a Fr., so perfectly normal. Expectations are high.
  • Gobourne and Drew Watson were pretty solid. Gobourne showed lots of energy and a great floor routine.
  • Suni only performed on beam and bars (she might not do all-around early in the season & her floor routine is not ready yet)
  • Suni is still rusty (fell off beam). That's quite normal since she couldn't practice much.
  • Suni also needs to gel better with the team which is perfectly normal (elites always struggle to adjust in NCAA due to different culture & dynamics)
  • Jabari Smith stole the show when he was leaving towards the end (lots of picture requests)
Edited by AUreo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Anticipation Grows for Auburn Gymnastics Following Preview Meet

By Harrison Tarr | 12/3/21 8:56pm

https://www.eagleeyeauburn.com/article/2021/12/anticipation-grows-for-auburn-gymnastics-following-preview-meet

AUBURN, ALABAMA (EETV) When the doors opened at Auburn Arena and of the Tiger gymnastics preview meet on Friday night, there was an energy in the air unlike any other level of anticipation many fans had experienced before. There were certainly elements of excitement similar to that of years past; however, this year’s preseason exhibition presented a unique opportunity for gymnastics: the chance to watch an Olympic champion take the floor in an Auburn leotard.

Freshman Suni Lee’s introduction to Auburn arena was one Tiger fans will likely never forget and a moment that the newcomer will cherish for years to come.

"It was amazing," Lee said. "I feel like the last time I felt a crowd like that was olympic trials. It felt amazing to have the crowd and have energy."

[...]

https://www.eagleeyeauburn.com/article/2021/12/anticipation-grows-for-auburn-gymnastics-following-preview-meet

Is there a way to find the preview meet on stream? Was it on SEC+‽

6 hours ago, AUBwins said:

Is there a way to find the preview meet on stream? Was it on SEC+‽

I don’t think it’s available. They also didn’t stream LSU’s Preview Meet, yesterday.

Edited by AUreo
  • Thanks 1

I was at the event. Yes Suni fell off the Beam (after an areal and 2 back flips in conjunction when no one else on the team did more than 2 moves in a row) Her routines on beam and especially the bar were very technical and far more advanced than any other teammate. She also has not been practicing as much as her teammates either since the whole DWTS show either. Now that she is full time at school, and her practice time steadies she’s will be just fine. I just hope people don’t expect a Gold Medal performance every time they see her and allow her to be an 18 year old student athlete. She will geal with the team as she spends more time with them, remember the rest of the team has been working together since the summer. 

Edited by AlaskanFAN
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

MEET WEEK

01/07 at UNC (North Carolina Quad Meet), Chapel Hill, 6:00pm 

TV: YouTube 
Live stream: LINK  

- NC State has withdrawn from the quad meet at North Carolina, which will now be a tri meet with Auburn and Bowling Green. 
- Suni will compete during the regular season but in a limited role. She will focus on the post-season and the goal is reaching the Final 4. 
- Graba: “It's a realistic goal for us to get to the final four” 
- Auburn ranked No. 14 in preseason poll

Edited by AUreo
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, AUreo said:

MEET WEEK

01/07 at UNC (North Carolina Quad Meet), Chapel Hill, 6:00pm 

TV: YouTube 
Live stream: LINK  

- NC State has withdrawn from the quad meet at North Carolina, which will now be a tri meet with Auburn and Bowling Green. 
- Suni will compete during the regular season but in a limited role. She will focus on the post-season and the goal is reaching the Final 4. 
- Graba: “It's a realistic goal for us to get to the final four” 
- Auburn ranked No. 14 in preseason poll

Thanks for posting link.  I was hoping there would be a way to watch it but I couldn't find one. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, blakem said:

Anyone know what was up with our bars rotation? It’s usually our strongest event and it seems we did pretty bad.

I know Suni clipped the lower bar once which is mandatory .2 reduction.  But Suni looked good in the routine otherwise.  The clip didn't throw her off or anything and a perfect dismount.  Vault typically scores higher.  Suni beam was good.  She did better on that wolf turn that she struggled with a little at Olympics.  Her night is done.  Nice first meet for her. 

I would like for Auburn to "win"more of these Meets this year.  They always increase their scores through the year but to be in the top group they need to win more meets.  

Edited by AUBwins
  • Like 1

Gobourne killed it on floor.  One slight short step forward on last pass but awesome routine. 

9.875 on floor.  UNC brought it for the home meet but UNC and Auburn are tied 146.90 apiece going to final rotation.  Bowling Green is 2.75 begin the others. 

Auburn won each of the last 2 rotations to tie it up.  Auburn on vault and UNC on floor. Let's get it girls.