2022 AU Gymnastics

AUreo

1 minute ago, tgrogan21 said:

Livestats has it a 9.95. Not sure which one is correct.

Guess we will see on the final posting.  Stats has been messing up earlier in meet. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

Guess we will see on the final posting.  Stats has been messing up earlier in meet. 

It finally got updated. Barely over 197 for the final score.

• Like 1

Michigan getting all the great scores on the last event. Had 7 9.9+ before the floor event and now all 5 so far have been 9.9+ with a 10.

• Like 1

I guess Michigan brought it towards the end. 

Well we still had a better score this season than them lol

1 hour ago, AUreo said:

> 12,707 people in attendance, first sell-out meet in Michigan Gymnastics history

They're welcome hehe

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, AUreo said:

Could be a reason for the off night.  She will find a way to overcome it.  Then again the championships will likely have several Olympians there. 

• Like 1

Just wondering if the reason for some of Suni's scores, which were down a little at the Michigan meet, is due to her more difficult high-risk routines, which may not be executed as well and thus not rewarded in collegiate gymnastics in the same way as a lesser routine executed well. Could some gymnastics expert "in the know" comment on this scoring dilemma and whether in collegiate gymnastics strong execution of a lesser routine can offset good (but not great) execution of a high-risk routine. For the championship run, would Suni help the team more by performing less difficult routines to perfection or high risk routines to just less than perfection? I'll hang up and listen.

19 minutes ago, TuscaloosaTiger said:

Just wondering if the reason for some of Suni's scores, which were down a little at the Michigan meet, is due to her more difficult high-risk routines, which may not be executed as well and thus not rewarded in collegiate gymnastics in the same way as a lesser routine executed well. Could some gymnastics expert "in the know" comment on this scoring dilemma and whether in collegiate gymnastics strong execution of a lesser routine can offset good (but not great) execution of a high-risk routine. For the championship run, would Suni help the team more by performing less difficult routines to perfection or high risk routines to just less than perfection? I'll hang up and listen.

I read on reddit (Gymnastics board) that she had an off day + the judges also had an off day. They were too strict for some reason. This coming from non-Auburn fans.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, AUreo said:

I read on reddit (Gymnastics board) that she had an off day + the judges also had an off day. They were too strict for some reason. This coming from non-Auburn fans.

That board can be overly critical at times, and is a part of the Gymnastics community as a whole.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but hasn't our gymnastics team sold out every home and away meet this season? That is truly a remarkable accomplishment. Has any other AU team in any sport ever done this?

2 hours ago, TuscaloosaTiger said:

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but hasn't our gymnastics team sold out every home and away meet this season? That is truly a remarkable accomplishment. Has any other AU team in any sport ever done this?

I think the Arkansas meet was technically not a sellout but it was a huge record crowd for them, nonetheless.

13 hours ago, AUreo said:

I think the Arkansas meet was technically not a sellout but it was a huge record crowd for them, nonetheless.

Correct, because they moved the meet from Barnhill Arena to Bud Walton. Still had over 10K.

58 minutes ago, AlaskanFAN said:

Tough draw with UF, LSU and Turds today85599EEC-1079-442F-BA0C-313F5AE9A65C.png

It is, but we earned that draw.  We usually rise to the competition.  Should be an epic evening.