Jump to content

2022 AU Gymnastics


AUreo
 Share

Recommended Posts

This is a dog fight.  Currently tied.

Link to comment
Share on other sites





Auburn scores a 197.25 in their 2nd meet!  We will absolutely compete with the best this year.  

Auburn wins!!!! What a meet.  197.25 to 197.15

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Uh oh.  A debate with judging for official. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Auburn still wins! 197.250 to 197.200.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hitting between 49.3 and 49.4 in bars, beam and floor.  Vault was 49.1. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, BJCrawford said:

Nerve racking when beam is last !!

That’s why the home team always has the advantage with the Olympic order (finishing on floor).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, AUreo said:

That’s why the home team always has the advantage with the Olympic order (finishing on floor).

Did not know this. I like to watch gymnastics but do not understand all of the rules.  Thx!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Utah with the highest NCAA score this season, they just defeated Oklahoma. Utah could win it all, they are stacked this season. 
 

Next 

01/07 at UNC (North Carolina Quad Meet) - W 196.300  
01/14 at Arkansas (SECN) - W 197.250  
01/21 vs Iowa State (SECN+)  
01/28 vs Alabama (ESPN2)
 

- I really want to win the Iron Bowl of Gymnastics this year and see the girls do the crimson Crane! :D

 

 

Edited by AUreo
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, BJCrawford said:

Nerve racking when beam is last !!

Yes it is. Thank goodness it’s one of our best events. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, AUBwins said:

Yes it is. Thank goodness it’s one of our best events. 

Generally, we need to improve on vault though. Some of the other teams have several top vault specialists.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is great for SEC gymnastics. The hype started with UGA and Alabama and then Florida and LSU, now Auburn and Arkansas drawing big crowds.

Tomorrow, one of the major networks (ABC) will broadcast the first regular season meet in NCAA gymnastics history (Florida vs Alabama):

https://news.yahoo.com/alabama-gymnastics-network-television-history-120013481.html

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Agreed on raising our vaults. Some of it is lower difficulty.  I think that will increase some as the season goes but we really don't have a consistent 9.93+ threat, or anyone that has the 10.00 upside.  Drew, Derrian, perhaps Suni could get there but not there atm.

Edited by AUBwins
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, AUreo said:

This is great for SEC gymnastics. The hype started with UGA and Alabama and then Florida and LSU, now Auburn and Arkansas drawing big crowds.

Tomorrow, one of the major networks (ABC) will broadcast the first regular season meet in NCAA gymnastics history (Florida vs Alabama):

https://news.yahoo.com/alabama-gymnastics-network-television-history-120013481.html

 

Wonderful atmosphere last night in Bud Walton.  Positive effect of NIL, getting that Olympian exposure draws in the crowds and the networks.  People have always loved top level gymnastics when the Olympics roll around.  Nice to see it getting pub outside the Olympics now. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, AUBwins said:

Wonderful atmosphere last night in Bud Walton.  Positive effect of NIL, getting that Olympian exposure draws in the crowds and the networks.  People have always loved top level gymnastics when the Olympics roll around.  Nice to see it getting pub outside the Olympics now. 

AUburn has a couple of transcendent athletes on campus now in Suni and Jabari. I hope it attracts more top tier people to AUburn in their sports as well as all of the others. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, AUBwins said:

Agreed on raising our vaults. Some of it is lower difficulty.  I think that will increase some as the season goes but we really don't have a consistent 9.93+ threat, or anyone that has the 10.00 upside.  Drew, Derrian, perhaps Suni could get there but not there atm.

Not sure Suni will compete on vault anytime soon. It’s not her top event and she might want to manage her body during the season. Of course, she would still crush it in NCAA. We now have 4-star commit Julianne Huff who seems to be a VT specialist but she is in the 2023 recruiting class.

I keep reading Suni is planning on competing in Worlds and the next Olympics, so body management is crucial. So that would be 2022 Liverpool, UK and 2023 Antwerp, Belgium and of course 2024 Paris. She probably would not be on the team for the 2024 season. Potentially, Olivia Greaves would also focus on Olympic trials in the same year. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Enjoyed watching them perform last night v. Arkansas...I thought some of our ladies should've had higher scores...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Anyone in the know…..are all scores counted in each rotation? Or is the low one thrown out on any given rotation?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, BJCrawford said:

Anyone in the know…..are all scores counted in each rotation? Or is the low one thrown out on any given rotation?

6 gymnasts per apparatus and only count 5.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

While both teams today were far from great…. Auburns road score form Friday would’ve beaten Bama and Florida today by at least a fourth of a point.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...