2022 AU Gymnastics

AUreo

2 minutes ago, blakem said:

While both teams today were far from great…. Auburns road score form Friday would’ve beaten Bama and Florida today by at least a fourth of a point.

Oh, scoring changes when Auburn vs Bama 😉

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

Oh, scoring changes when Auburn vs Bama 😉

Florida definitely got a little help today to beat bammer at home. Two perfect 10’s on the last two routines on floor to win.

Edited by blakem

1 minute ago, blakem said:

Florida definitely got a little help today to beat hammer at home. Two perfect 10’s on the last two routines on floor to win.

Wow that doesn’t look suspicious. lol. The end of ARK meet was looking funny as well. 

2 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

Wow that doesn’t look suspicious. lol. The end of ARK meet was looking funny as well. 

Definitely. The more I watch NCAA gym the more I feel like the judging is very subjective and they give more to more well known teams/gymnasts. I can say I’ve seen Derrian do just as good of floor routines as those 10’s today and I’ve never seen her get a 10.

Just now, blakem said:

Definitely. The more I watch NCAA gym the more I feel like the judging is very subjective and they give more to more well known teams/gymnasts. I can say I’ve seen Derrian do just as good of floor routines as those 10’s today and I’ve never seen her get a 10.

Curious if we get to finals, we will get the feel good story with Suni for favorable scores. I’d rather they call everything equally but just a curious thought. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

Curious if we get to finals, we will get the feel good story with Suni for favorable scores. I’d rather they call everything equally but just a curious thought. 

I would 100% everything be equal but with human judges that’s never going to happen.

1 hour ago, blakem said:

While both teams today were far from great…. Auburns road score form Friday would’ve beaten Bama and Florida today by at least a fourth of a point.

Did you agree with those last two 10s for Florida’s floor ? I’m not a Bama fan by any means (of course!!)nor do I know diddly  about gymnastics. Just watching Olympics it seems they were good but 10s? I say that to ask is there home cooking in gymnastics? 

6 minutes ago, BJCrawford said:

Did you agree with those last two 10s for Florida’s floor ? I’m not a Bama fan by any means (of course!!)nor do I know diddly  about gymnastics. Just watching Olympics it seems they were good but 10s? I say that to ask is there home cooking in gymnastics? 

Honestly didn't see it.  I saw a video of the 10 on vault for Florida and I would agree with that one.  She stuck it like she had magnets on her feet lol

1 hour ago, BJCrawford said:

I did not read previous posts before I asked this.  Pretty clearly answered there!! Thx!!

2 hours ago, BJCrawford said:

They were both excellent routines but I don’t know about tens. Like I’ve said, I’ve seen Derrian do just as good of floor routines and she has never gotten a 10.

• Looks like Suni is training a new vault (Montgomery Advertiser)
  • “Graba mentioned that some of the athletes had even upgraded their routines before this meet, which turned out to be key for the victory” (Auburn Plainsman)
  • Auburn now ranked #7 (#3 Florida, #5 LSU, #8 Missouri, #9 Kentucky, #10 Alabama)
  • Next meet vs Iowa State, Jan 21., 7:00pm (SECN+)

'This is our year': Auburn gymnastics, Suni Lee already turning heads in first two meets

https://www.montgomeryadvertiser.com/story/sports/college/auburn/2022/01/15/suni-lee-auburn-gymnastics-first-two-meets-arkansas/9142404002/

Tigers earn second-highest road score in program history at Arkansas

https://www.theplainsman.com/article/2022/01/tigers-earn-second-highest-road-score-in-program-history-at-arkansas

• Like 1

9 hours ago, AUreo said:

Meet day!

Have to go through Pearlville to get to the Arena lol

• Like 2

Auburn scores a 49.225 on vault, which is better than last week.  Leading by .200 after 1.

• Like 1

Auburn following Olympic rotation.  Bars are next.  Suni is competing in Bars and Beam tonight.  

• Like 1

Auburn extends the lead after rotation 2. Leading 98.625 - 98.175 over Iowa State.  Suni and Derrian had 9.90 scores.  Thought DG would get a 10.0 or 9.95. Suni had a small hop on the landing.  Auburn scored 49.325 on bars. 

Scary moment for ISU on vault.  A girl's hands slipped off the vault causing her to land with no air in the jump.  Very luckily she had tucked enough to land on her upper shoulders.  Very close to landing on head with potential serious spinal injury.  She got up and walked away on her own after being checked. 

Edited by AUBwins
Corrected score

Suni lost her balance on beam and fell off so her score won't be counted.  9.425. The fall is a .5 deduction.  That would have put her at 9.925 otherwise, which would have been season best. 

Auburn has a few guy students on floor level that is replicating Iowa State intro part of routines.  With painted chests.  Pretty big distraction for ISU to overcome lol.  

Auburn leads by .800 going into final rotation 148.000 to 147.200.

Auburn scored 49.375 on beam. 

Edited by AUBwins
  • Love 1

Drew going to get a huge score on floor.  Maybe perfect? 

Surprisingly only a 9.825.  She seemed to have a clean routine and stuck a few landings. 

Edited by AUBwins

Just now, blakem said:

They gave her a 9.825. Absolutely robbed.

Totally agree she was robbed

• Like 1