2022 AU Gymnastics

AUreo

DG nailed hers too.  If Florida can get B2B perfect 10s, Drew and DG should have as well. 

9.975 for DG!  They must have given minor deduction on first pass step. Great score though. 

• Like 2

I’d like for coach Graba to get an inquiry into Drew’s score. I can see there being a couple very minor deductions, but a 9.825 is ridiculous.

Auburn dominated the home opener with almost a 2 point margin of victory.  197.350 score tonight to 195.575.  Keep those 197s and build to that 198!

Edited by AUBwins
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, blakem said:

I’d like for coach Graba to get an inquiry into Drew’s score. I can see there being a couple very minor deductions, but a 9.825 is ridiculous.

Yes it was absurd.  Worth asking about because that could keep her from qualifying for nationals. 

2 minutes ago, blakem said:

I'm not gonna pretend to know anything about Gymnastics but even the announcers thought she would break her record of 9.9. I was shocked it was so low.

4 hours ago, AUBwins said:

Have to go through Pearlville to get to the Arena lol

Lol, yes that was pretty cool... its more like Pearl City though!

I also want to comment and say I was EXTREMELY impressed with Ananda Brown’s floor routine in exhibition. I could see her cracking the lineup often if she performs like that consistently. 

• Like 2

I think Sophia Groth (4-star signee & Freshman) is performing at a high level! She is outstanding!

Edited by AUreo
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

18 minutes ago, AUreo said:

I think Sophia Groth (4-star signee & Freshman) is performing at a high level! She is outstanding!

I was saying she is not getting the pub but has been amazing. 

Sophia has been a great addition to the team. I look forward to seeing Ananda in the floor rotation. She did really well. 

I really would like to see Derrian get a 10 on floor soon. 

16 minutes ago, AUreo said:

:(

WarEagle, Suni!

4s2vj0rpt5d81.jpg

I know she looked extremely disappointed and ticked at herself after. I hope she realizes we all love her regardless. She family now. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TD1 said:

Sophia has been a great addition to the team. I look forward to seeing Ananda in the floor rotation. She did really well. 

I really would like to see Derrian get a 10 on floor soon. 

Should have had it tonight. 

• Like 1

Piper did well on both of her routines.  She had an infectious smile as well. 

Just now, AUBwins said:

I know she looked extremely disappointed and ticked at herself after. I hope she realizes we all love her regardless. She family now. 

Exactly. Beam can be just brutal. Simone fell off beam all the time during trials, etc. If it helps the adjustment process, maybe she should focus on bars and even floor for a while.

Apparently, the whole UCLA situation is a huge mess now (and can’t be ignored any longer). Some UCLA Gymnasts even publicly demanding that their HC should be fired. Gymnast Alexis Jeffrey recently transferred to LSU.

Jeffrey recently transferred from UCLA after tension grew between her and the team after she allegedly used racial slurs towards both Black and Asian people.

https://www.brproud.com/news/local-news/watch-lsu-gymnastics-head-coach-addresses-racism-allegations-amid-new-transfer/

I am wondering if UCLA might lose some recruits now. Specifically, 5-star and Team USA member Ciena Alipio who is close with Suni. Both trained together during the pandemic in Minnesota. Ciena would be a huge addition to our team. 

https://usagym.org/pages/athletes/athleteListDetailPrint2.html?id=448416

I am not sure if she is still in MN or back in San Jose, CA but her profile still lists Jess Graba as coach.

Birthdate: 3/7/2004 
Program: Women's Artistic
Level: Senior
Current Residence: Maplewood, MN
Club: Midwest Gymnastics Center
Head Coach: Jess Graba & Alison Lim

Edited by AUreo
  • Like 1