3* DT Enyce Sledge Commits to Auburn 12/14!!

Brad_ATX

Offered today.  Coaches visited him at school today as well.  Former Baylor commit.  Baylor still very much after him, along with Texas Tech.

Screenshot_20211130-224924_Chrome.jpg

8 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

I could see him playing somewhere on the interior. Need about 3 more like him.

Double teams don't seem to budge him off the LOS, he just drives most of them backwards, and he uses his hands pretty well for a HS kid. I like it. I can't understand why a HS team would run at a guy like this, as many of their opponents seem to be trying to do. 

2 minutes ago, TigerHorn said:

he uses his hands pretty well for a HS kid.

That's what I noticed too. That and his first step.

5 minutes ago, bigbird said:

That's what I noticed too. That and his first step.

Honestly, watching him back to back with Khurtiss Perry, I like this guy a little better. Yeah Perry's an edge guy and this guy is clearly interior, but quality in the latter are harder to come by than the former. I remember when CTT couldn't land a 4* DT AND get them on campus after the Clearinghouse for love or money. 

And that first step you point out is probably a big reason no one drives him off the LOS

Edited by TigerHorn
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, TigerHorn said:

Honestly, watching him back to back with Khurtiss Perry, I like this guy a little better. Yeah Perry's an edge guy and this guy is clearly interior, but quality in the latter are harder to come by than the former. I remember when CTT couldn't land a 4* DT AND get them on campus after the Clearinghouse for love or money. 

And that first step you point out is probably a big reason no one drives him off the LOS

First step and hands are great.  You also just can't teach 6'3" 315.

My view is if Dave Arranda wants him this bad, then he must be pretty damn good.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Good technique. He’s not just getting by because he’s bigger than everyone else. He’s got good use of hands and wrecks havoc. This a guy I hope ends up in our class 

• Like 1

He and my youngest son attend the same high school. The Neville Tiger defense allowed zero points in district play this year. Enyce was a big part of that. Was hoping to get to see them play in the state 4A semi’s this Friday night, but a previous commitment will prevent that. If they make it to the finals, we will be headed to NOLA next weekend to watch.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Tiger Refuge said:

He and my youngest son attend the same high school. The Neville Tiger defense allowed zero points in district play this year. Enyce was a big part of that. Was hoping to get to see them play in the state 4A semi’s this Friday night, but a previous commitment will prevent that. If they make it to the finals, we will be headed to NOLA next weekend to watch.

Dude, WTH are you waiting on? Go bake that man a pizza and convince him to sign with the good guys…

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Haha 2

Like all the others who have commented he has the size, great first step, above average use of hands and technique for a HS player. I am amazed he is only a 3*.  I really hope we get him as he fits any DT/NT position.

6 hours ago, fredst said:

Dude, WTH are you waiting on? Go bake that man a pizza and convince him to sign with the good guys…

Take him some McDonald's, pizza is for kids

15 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Well now we're talking.

If that is true, then Percy Sledge is from Leighton AL, and he may still have family in Alabama. Could be helpful.

13 hours ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

Take him some McDonald's, pizza is for kids

I was trying to explain irony to my 7 year old the other night. I don't think it landed. Gonna use this post to take another crack at it. 

• Haha 4