Men vs UCF Game Thread

Maverick.AU

2 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

Sloppy first half, but team continues to grow. We are gonna be a tough bunch when sec play starts 

Growing together. They are start to understand the strengths of each other . Not there yet, But getting close 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Growing together. They are start to understand the strengths of each other . Not there yet, But getting close 

Plus flan comes back!

• Like 2

Great win!!! I forked out the $6.99. I was most disappointed that our D got really soft for a brief time in the second half, but I think that UCF is a pretty good team and we pulled away from them pretty easily in the second half. Jabari and Kessler looked great, though Jabari's mid-range shots were not falling like they have been. KD is such a beast.

I was surprised that Moore didn't play much. Berman is actually going to contribute this year. CBP is grooming him now. What a fun season this is going to be!!!

23 minutes ago, AUreo said:

Nice win! 

I have tickets for the Yale game. How good is Yale this year?

I'm headed down for that one too. They are 5-4, undersized but apparently have some guards who can score. I haven't seen them play so I don't know beyond that. 

• Like 1

Like it when J. Smith throws in to Kessler in the post...many times Kessler is open, but except for Jabari, he rarely gets the ball thrown to him inside the lane...

• Like 4
  • Angry 1

Unfortunately I had to miss the game.  I know we won, but how did we look?  Are we starting to come together and look like a complete team?

I like the progression of Jasper. He's looking better at PG with every game. This team is beginning to gel. Bruce always does a great job of bringing a team along and having them come together at the right time. I wish we played 4 times a week 😝

Edited by boisnumber1
  • Like 3

Really fun game to watch. UCF came to play and we just overwhelmed them. Our defense absolutely shut them down for the second half. We got sloppy and loose with the ball at times but these are college guys and not pros so its expected. Something for Pearl to keep coaching them about. I'd also like to see less celebration by KD after big plays. At least twice they got easy buckets because we were celebrating big plays. Did not matter in this game but in the games coming where every position matters you can't give away easy baskets. But with that said i love the intensity of the team and they even get caught celebrating their team mates play which i love to see how much they enjoy playing together. 

Jabari and Kessler balled out in this one. Kessler straight filling up the stat sheet. He is turning into a double double machine and i can't wait for his first triple double of blocks, pts, and rebounds!!! Jabari does everything well but i thought his composure and ability to bring the ball up the court really helped deal with the UCF press. We struggled with that press early but once we got it figured out we were off to the races. 

Shoutouts to Berman and Cambridge both making some big 3s in the first half when they were sorely needed. Also Berman getting the to play the last 5 or so minutes of the game. Thats shows how much Pearl trusts him to make good decisions. 

KD doing his thing per usual by being a pest and making big plays. Whenever it got chippy seemed like KD was always in the middle of it lol. Jaylin also made some nice plays. 

Bit of a struggle for Moore and Cardwell. Cardwell could not seem to stop fouling and Moore really didn't make any good plays that i saw. Cardwell will get plenty more chances but Moore may be the odd man out with Flan gets back. He too often got the ball on the wing and dribbled through traffic or to the boundary and lost the ball. He needs to model his game off Cambridge. Quick touch and shot or play off the ball. The more either of those 2 dribble the worse the play will be. 

I think our best lineup right now is Green, KD, Cambridge, Jabari, and Kessler. I thought Zep played well and i agree he is getting better and better each game. But i think this lineup has the best combination of defense and scoring power. 

Was there last night

great crowd.  Some of the unluckiest bounces of the year.  Bizarre/inconsistent officials.  The crowd roasted the officials.  Berman was fun to watch. We can’t seem to pass inside like we should.  Our team loves each other.  Kessler and jabari are an awesome tandem.  Our guard play will limit us this year but will be thrilled to be wrong.  Teams seem to be trying to get in our heads.  I love auburn basketball.  Everyone should get to a game or two, it’s always a blast and every seat is a good seat.