#1 JUCO DL Jeffery M’ba. Commits to Auburn!!!!

Sizzle

• Sizzle changed the title to #1 JUCO DL Jeffery M’ba. Commits to Auburn!!!!
Just now, boisnumber1 said:

I can't wait til this staff learns to recruit! Can you imagine?!!

Yeah its gonna be wild when we have a top 5 class vs the 15th class

Auburn lands No. 1 JUCO prospect Jeffrey M'ba

ByBRIAN DOHN 20 minutes ago

Please turn off your ad blocker if you wish to view this video.

Bryan Harsin on freshman QB Dematrius Davis

Jeffrey M'ba waited years to sign his national letter of intent, and it finally happened a few days ago and he made it public Sunday.

The No. 1 player in junior college and Independence (Kan.) Community College defensive lineman unveiled his choice on national television in France, and announced his signed with Auburn.

"A lot of schools wanted me, and to my face they said they wanted me, but I didn't feel the love like I did with Auburn," the 6-foot-6, 305-pound M'ba said. "Some of the schools had a big name, a big brand and put a lot of players in the NFL, but I said since the beginning I would try to go somewhere I would be loved and where I could go to the league. I wanted to go to a place where they really wanted me."

M'ba enrolls next month with three years of eligibility remaining, and after a long journey from his native Congo to France, where he and his family live. He planned to go to a trio of high schools, settling on Oakdale (Conn.) St. Thomas More and committing to Virginia in the 2020 class, but transcript issues relating to his transfer from France to the United State nixed that and sent M'ba through junior college.

He picked up a bunch of offers in the fall listed his finalists as Miami, USC, Auburn, Houston, Missouri, NC State, Tennessee, Jackson State, Oklahoma and Oregon.

Miami, Missouri, Tennessee and Auburn hosted M'ba on an official visit.

"They went crazy when I told (Auburn) because I don't think they thought I would go there," he said. "When I got with the d-line coach (Nick Eason), he told me, 'Listen, I know you are going to enjoy (the visit) and I know you are going to come back here and sign here. You are going to see other teams, but you are not going to see what you see here."

M'ba made a pair of trips to Auburn a few weeks ago. He was there for the game against Alabama, and then returned a few days later for an official visit.

"I got the full experience of what it is like to be a student-athlete at Auburn," M'ba said. "I was like, 'Yes, this is really where I see myself.' I liked Miami but the situation was complicated because (coach) Mario Cristobal just went there but at the end of the day, I needed to go where I am wanted the most, and that is why I am going to Auburn."

21COMMENTS

The game visit also remains fresh in his mind.

"I watch a lot of games and nothing was like what I saw there," M'ba said. "When I was there, it felt like I was part of it. It was just different."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

13 minutes ago, boisnumber1 said:

I can't wait til this staff learns to recruit! Can you imagine?!!

I hope that happens soon with OL😀

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, toddc said:

The No. 1 player in junior college and Independence (Kan.) Community College

Ha. I thought he was playing football in France, not that he was just from France. Didn't realize he was at Independence CC

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

8 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Who do we expect to be back on the D-line? I know Manning's gone, of course.

Manning was OL, right? 

Fair is out of eligibility. This was his covid extra year. Moultry is the same as Fair.

Those are the only two for sure. Some talk Hall comes back (not sure he'd be a sure high pick anyway).  Wooden us eligible to go to the NFL.

Burks has a 6th year of eligibility. He's just used 2 at JUCO, then 20/21 here.

Jeremiah Wright will return from ACL and most think he'll be the starting NT.

Everyone else should return unless we have some transfers

Z Walker was my man crush. But he's seemed to fallen off with the new staff. Not sure if he'll stay as a Jr buried on the depth chart.

Seems we should be pretty stacked on yhe DL heading into next year 

• Like 3