Birmingham Bowl: Auburn vs Houston

AUBwins

5 minutes ago, wde21 said:

What a sad ending to a sad season 

Well on the plus side we get to watch Georgia and Alabama play for a Natty. 

• Haha 1
  • Angry 1

An 11 win team who will use this game as their Super Bowl. Great. 🤦🏻‍♂️

19 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

An 11 win team who will use this game as their Super Bowl. Great. 🤦🏻‍♂️

Houston is in a no-win situation for a couple reasons. 

Not a great bowl game in general. They win, no one cares because they were supposed to beat a 6-6 team with no OC. They lose, they’ll get laughed at for losing to a 6-6 team with no OC. 

I’d like to think Harsin will have us ready to go. Beating an 11-2 team, first bowl win under his regime, winning season. We have more to play for than Houston. 

Edited by ShocksMyBrain
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, Win4AU said:

Was hoping for the Music City bowl.  Why wouldn’t you want the team that took the SEC champ to 4OTs in your bowl?  

Because they lost 5 other games, 3 of which to not particularly great teams lol 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, woodford said:

We’re going to get smoked by Houston. Wow. 

We should kill them. But we will need to be up for the fight. If we aren't excited to be there, we will lose.

5 minutes ago, AU North said:

Not if DD plays. JMO.   WDE

They are not going to start a true freshman, who literally hasn’t seen the field, without an OC, against a team that was within 2 scores of a playoff squad. Cmon now

5 minutes ago, AUbritt said:

We should kill them. But we will need to be up for the fight. If we aren't excited to be there, we will lose.

What evidence from this season suggests that Auburn should kill anyone who isn’t bottom barrel or the FBS?

I haven’t scouted or read up on them much but if they can play a hint of run defense we are in for a long days. 

15 minutes ago, hutchids said:

Auburn might be double digit dogs here. I hope recruits don't watch the game. 

Maybe the defense has turned the corner with Mason. Im hopeful we can limit their offensive production. Now our offensive productiin will be offensive

5 minutes ago, woodford said:

What evidence from this season suggests that Auburn should kill anyone who isn’t bottom barrel or the FBS?

I haven’t scouted or read up on them much but if they can play a hint of run defense we are in for a long days. 

What evidence suggests we are going to get smoked by Houston?

You haven't read up on them much?

Auburn should kill Houston. That is true a priori.

The evidence from this season that's troubling to me is that we seem to play up or down to our competition. We beat some good teams, some teams we never beat (like LSU in Red Stick), and took Bama down to the wire. We lost to teams we should have beaten (like Miss State and South Carolina). So, my worry is that we will not consider Houston to be an opponent we need to up our game for. If we take them lightly, we will lose. If we take them seriously, we should kill them.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

They are not going to start a true freshman, who literally hasn’t seen the field, without an OC, against a team that was within 2 scores of a playoff squad. Cmon now

Not talking about starting, but I don't think JT is the man. Need to find out what we got and don't got. No offense, Just the way I feel. Even if we lose to whoever, I would like to see what is sitting in the wings. That goes for any position that might make us better next year. Not trying to offend anyone here. JMO  WDE  

• Like 1

Kentucky has a better bowl game than Auburn... I'm not surprised by this, just the reality of seeing it is sobering. 

r8lp8h3d7uhx.gif

• Like 4

What a fun bowl experience this must be for the guys. A ride on a nice bus and prolly get to go bowling or a movie the night before the game. Maybe some Golden Corral all you can eat buffet. :) 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2