Birmingham Bowl: Auburn vs Houston

AUBwins

3 minutes ago, gr82be said:

Kentucky has a better bowl game than Auburn... I'm not surprised by this, just the reality of seeing it is sobering. 

r8lp8h3d7uhx.gif

9-3 KY… we need to tighten our sh** up around here and it starts in Birmingham. Cold.  Hard.  Facts.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, AUbritt said:

What evidence suggests we are going to get smoked by Houston?

You haven't read up on them much?

Auburn should kill Houston. That is true a priori.

The evidence from this season that's troubling to me is that we seem to play up or down to our competition. We beat some good teams, some teams we never beat (like LSU in Red Stick), and took Bama down to the wire. We lost to teams we should have beaten (like Miss State and South Carolina). So, my worry is that we will not consider Houston to be an opponent we need to up our game for. If we take them lightly, we will lose. If we take them seriously, we should kill them.

Auburn hasn’t blown out any team this year outside of the cream puff OOC games. It’s one thing to be a fan but another to get carried away.  U really think Auburn is going to blow away an 11 win team with no OC and no QB

7 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Let’s get our underwhelming dud of an OC hired so we can get prepared to go up to Birmingham and get thumped by an AAC team!

Sad. Very sad. But can't say I disagree. Fortunately, hope springs eternal. WDE

17 minutes ago, NoALtiger said:

What a fun bowl experience this must be for the guys. A ride on a nice bus and prolly get to go bowling or a movie the night before the game. Maybe some Golden Corral all you can eat buffet. :) 

I guess they should have won more games if they wanted a better experience. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, gr82be said:

Kentucky has a better bowl game than Auburn... I'm not surprised by this, just the reality of seeing it is sobering. 

r8lp8h3d7uhx.gif

I'm not sober

24 minutes ago, e808 said:

Auburn hasn’t blown out any team this year outside of the cream puff OOC games. It’s one thing to be a fan but another to get carried away.  U really think Auburn is going to blow away an 11 win team with no OC and no QB

I think we killed Arky and Ole Miss. We dominated both games against good teams. I'm not talking 60-0.

And I said 'should'. I'm not predicting a win. I am saying we should dominate them. But that will happen only if we are up for the game.

5 hours ago, Win4AU said:

Was hoping for the Music City bowl.  Why wouldn’t you want the team that took the SEC champ to 4OTs in your bowl?  

Probably the same ones that remember we blew 2nd half leads to USCe and Mrs. St. 🤔

1 hour ago, shabby said:

Well on the plus side we get to watch Georgia and Alabama play for a Natty. 

After Bama exposing the vaunted GA D, I’m not sure they beat Michigan. I don’t like Harbaugh, but living in GA, I can’t stand the pups. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Well Kentucky had a better o line, a better QB, better wr play....they should be in a better bowl

If going on stats alone better RB also.

4 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

We’re after the practices after all.

Yes we  are back to having really good practices and losing ballgames. Did Gus re-image hisself and call the new him Brian Harsin? 

• Facepalm 2
  • Dislike 1

1 hour ago, AU North said:

Not if DD plays. JMO.   WDE

I think DD is obviously not ready. With Gernier coming in, he may never get a true shot, but who knows. I think we’ve seen the last of Bo, which is okay. He was a serviceable QB, that had some great games and also had his share of duds. Personally, I think it’s time for a change. I just don’t know if DD is the one and I truly believe TJ isn’t either. 

5 minutes ago, Old fan 47 said:

After Bama exposing the vaunted GA D, I’m not sure they beat Michigan. I don’t like Harbaugh, but living in GA, I can’t stand the pups. 

Me too. Living in Georgia had me pulling for Alabama last night. Im not sure how i feel about that. 🤣

• Angry 1

41 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Let’s get our underwhelming dud of an OC hired so we can get prepared to go up to Birmingham and get thumped by an AAC team!

The attitude of a loser. Don't be a loser. lol.

• Like 1

They most frustrating thing is that Alabama and Georgia are not playing each other right off the bat so as to avoid an all sec Natty which appears to be a highly probable thing now. Ugh. 

We really need a W in this bowl game and I know nothing about Houston or SMU

I’m hoping that Cincy embarrasses Uat. All they have to do is watch what AU did defensively and offensively to Uat the first half before we quit the second. Actually I think Cincy squares up well with Uat. In the first half Mason let the dogs loose on defense and rattled Young. UGA played contain defense like we did the second half and we both got our butts beat. Cincy likes to bring the heat and bump and run their DBs. That’s how you beat Uat . You have to rattle young in the pocket and make him make dumb decisions. Bamas defense can be beat in the air with em quick passes, their strength is up front that’s why once TJ got hurt our passing game took a hit. Here’s hoping 😊👏👍🦅

4 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

They had a better coach as well. Stoops has better pedigree than Harsin. 

Certainly not in stats. Guess getting born into the right family helps in some peoples minds. I do agree he has coached in SEC so tougher opponents. If he was at Auburn would not have lasted more than 4-5 years.

1 minute ago, Hank2020 said:

Certainly not in stats. Guess getting born into the right family helps in some peoples minds. I do agree he has coached in SEC so tougher opponents. If he was at Auburn would not have lasted more than 4-5 years.

Right family or not Mark Stoops is a damn good coach

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Old fan 47 said:

I think DD is obviously not ready. With Gernier coming in, he may never get a true shot, but who knows. I think we’ve seen the last of Bo, which is okay. He was a serviceable QB, that had some great games and also had his share of duds. Personally, I think it’s time for a change. I just don’t know if DD is the one and I truly believe TJ isn’t either. 

Bo is definitely the better QB that we have seen (at this stage of their careers). Lights may come on more at spring practice though. Going to be hard to knock Bo out of the saddle in that time frame though (IMO).

Just now, Hank2020 said:

I disagree . He has done more with UK that the last 3 coaches at AU have especially long term. UK has improved every year and UKs bowl games were rare before Stoops.