Birmingham Bowl!!

keesler

Why are we favored? Not being snarky but they are ranked, we have second string QB, some of our best players sitting out ….I’d never bet against Auburn but I don’t get the line -2.5

15 minutes ago, BJCrawford said:

Why are we favored? Not being snarky but they are ranked, we have second string QB, some of our best players sitting out ….I’d never bet against Auburn but I don’t get the line -2.5

Because Vegas doesn’t work like that 

16 minutes ago, BJCrawford said:

I agree. I will be  pulling for the Tigers but I think we get beat. Too many regulars won't even be there.

• Like 2

We better be able to run the ball and take pressure off of the defense. I understand that both McClain and McCreary have chosen to sit out the game so our defense won’t look anything like it did against bama.  Good luck and War Eagle to us. 

2 hours ago, gulftiger66 said:

We better be able to run the ball and take pressure off of the defense. I understand that both McClain and McCreary have chosen to sit out the game so our defense won’t look anything like it did against bama.  Good luck and War Eagle to us. 

Is OP playing? Haven’t heard anyone mention him.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

Vegas usually right as it has to do with money.

Its all about getting equal amounts on each side.  Has nothing to do with who Vegas believe will win and more to do with how the public is betting the game.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

Is OP playing? Haven’t heard anyone mention him.

Harsin has said he’s practicing. Hoping like heck he plays. 

Edited by Gowebb11
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I don't even know how you conceive of a trophy that bad, much less approve it 

Somebody literally looked at the ass of a 12 year old boy and signed off on it.

8 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

Its all about getting equal amounts on each side.  Has nothing to do with who Vegas believe will win and more to do with how the public is betting the game.

I agree with that relative to the original spread moving one way or the other. But the original spread is posted before any bets come forward.

Edited by Hank2020

7 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I don't even know how you conceive of a trophy that bad, much less approve it 

How dare you ??? That’s a great ass for a guy from the Ham. show some respect 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Dislike 1

14 hours ago, BJCrawford said:

Not saying we're very good right now. And if we show up to this bowl like we have in the past we'll probably lose (although the Purdue game was fun). This may be Houston's super bowl, just like UCF and Minnesota. 

But do you think Houston would be ranked or even be in a bowl if they played our schedule? Did Houston play any currently ranked team besides Cincinnati? There's a reason why a 2-loss Houston team is ranked #21 and playing in the Birmingham Bowl. (BTW, Cincinnati played a weak schedule (ND is overrated) and probably gets blown out by bama.)

Meanwhile, we played 5 currently ranked teams, including 2 in the playoffs (arguably the top 2 teams):

• #3 uga  - L 
  • #22 Arkansas - W
  • #8 Ole Miss - W
  • #23 aTm - L (they're the only team to beat bama)
  • #1 bama - L (almost/should have won...without Nix) 

And that doesn't include @PSU in a white out game. Throw in LSU and MSU. Houston probably goes 0-8 against that lineup. 

Nonetheless, as others have stated, that's not how Vegas works. The line is about getting even money on both sides. 

On 12/18/2021 at 6:30 AM, WVR said:

image.png.9b5ec687e15b07f029949523f6a6fcae.png

Poor Homewood, they have had to look at his bare ass for over 100 years.😂

And The Real Vulcan says .....

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

6 minutes ago, gctiger said:

I plan to watch the game, but I’m having major issues with getting fired up about this game.  Not flaming, just reality…

Fired up, no. Intrigued, yes, for me. 

• Like 3