Birmingham Bowl!!

keesler

37 minutes ago, Beaker said:

What is the vibe on the team?  Are we locked in or hungry hopefully?  

Losing so many starters to the  transfer portal and NFL prep is gonna be a super large impact.   I doubt the cats from Houston will be as impacted.  

Confidence we win?   I am feeling a lot like I did when we lost to UCF (the other team gains a lot more by beating us and could be more motivated by knocking off an SEC team in which they don't normally get to play).  

51% confident we win....

I don't think they're hungry, there was a lot of chicken on those plates in those pictures. Sorry not to have better news!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Beaker said:

Are we locked in or hungry hopefully?

6-7 vs 7-6; losing season vs winning season.

Spots open for competition and getting a chance to get a jump on winning a starting position for next year?

They better be hungry, or we're gonna need more culture change and some different players.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, W.E.D said:

Anyone know what our OL will look like??

Trox/Zierer

Council/Jones

Irvin??

Believe that's correct. I read that Z was at RT and Trox at LT. Assuming that's how it goes, but figured that could be switched around too

Another Bham Bowl trophy to sandwich around that glorious Music City Bowl hardware would be huge for recruiting and the trajectory of the program. Sorry I will be at work and have to miss this epic game

• Dislike 2

2 minutes ago, fredst said:

Another Bham Bowl trophy to sandwich around that glorious Music City Bowl hardware would be huge for recruiting and the trajectory of the program. Sorry I will be at work and have to miss this epic game

Fredst, We need you to stay positive brother.

Just now, LPTiger said:

Fredst, We need you to stay positive brother.

I know. The smart aleck in me just can’t get past this silliness of most of these bowl games. Hoping for a good performance from the team and, most importantly, everyone staying healthy. The guys work hard all year, I know they wanted something better even more than the fans

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, fredst said:

I know. The smart aleck in me just can’t get past this silliness of most of these bowl games. Hoping for a good performance from the team and, most importantly, everyone staying healthy. The guys work hard all year, I know they wanted something better even more than the fans

My personal level of excitement around some of the bowls has definitely waned a bit over the years.

My main focus now(and perhaps should have been all along) that the players get to have some fun, the program gets some extra practice and the fans get some extra football.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, fredst said:

Like @Tiger Refuge said, it's all just extra. Doesn't cost anything, doesn't mean anything, doesn't have to. We've gotten to a point where even the outgoing players have the option to take it or leave it. That's healthy IMO.

Have seen a lot of tweets from guys like Tony Fair and Chandler Wooten. They're excited to get one last day in the O&B.

As for that big bronze Assless Chaps Award, it will serve as a good reminder of where the Harsin Era began. 

• Love 1

1 hour ago, fredst said:

That’s probably a good thing for AU. 

• Haha 1

Beautiful stadium.  Terrible WiFi.

Officiating and play calling were POS.

18 minutes ago, PUB78 said:

Beautiful stadium.  Terrible WiFi.

Officiating and play calling were POS.

Agree 100% on the stadium.   Concession lines were totally unacceptable.   In the first q folks were coming back saying they were out of hot dogs and nachos.   My wife literally missed the entire 2nd q standing in line.  

• Like 1