2022 4* RB Justin Williams

WFE12

4-star RB Justin Williams down to 2
Four-star running back Justin Williams of Dallas (Ga.) East Paulding is down to two.

Williams Tweeted on Tuesday he had a top two of Auburn and Tennessee. He later clarified to Auburn Undercover it's also his final two.

Williams, a recent West Virginia de-commit, is the No. 31 recruit in the state of Georgia for the industry generated 247Sports Composite. He visited the Tigers three times this season, most recently for the Iron Bowl. They in fact offered him a scholarship that day.

He officially visited Auburn last weekend.

“They definitely moved up a little bit,” Williams said. “I’ve got to go check out Tennessee to kinda see where everything is at, but Auburn is in a good spot with me. They did a really good job on OV. I had a good time. I’m going to have a tough decision to make.”

Williams seems to have grown close with Auburn running backs coach Cadillac Williams

“He’s a great dude on and off the field,” Justin Williams said “Me and him went over some film of just what they run and how he coaches the backs. He does a great job. His relationship with his players is awesome. It’s good to see player that are able to come talk to their coach. The player-coach relationship is really important.”

Williams will officially visit Tennessee this weekend. 

He plans to announce his commitment decision Dec. 15, the first day of the early signing period.

12 minutes ago, LKEEL75 said:

Wonder how Damari feels about it?

Just my presumption, but based on how he has acted since committing I would thing he'd be stoked. DA has been a valuable member of this class and helping recruit. He really seems to love AU and I don't think a little competition would scare him away. He is going to have that at any big school he chooses.

11 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Well obviously with Julie being from Smyrna Georgia

Meh. Not a Julia fan. Always thought she looked kind of equine. I think Lyle deserved better

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Well obviously with Julie being from Smyrna Georgia

What a match they were!!!!!!  How the hell did Lyle pull that off?

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, bigbird said:

One of my favorites of his

Man, I love Lyle. Great live performances and seems a genuinely good guy. I think I’ve seen him live 5-6 times, kinda lost count.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

13 minutes ago, fredst said:

Man, I love Lyle. Great live performances and seems a genuinely good guy. I think I’ve seen him live 5-6 times, kinda lost count.

Me too! I've met him a few times. A couple times at Gruene Hall and at a  festival a friend of mine was playing.  Great, down to earth guy.

That album, The Road to Ensenada, has so many great songs.  

• Like 2
  • Love 1

46 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Me too! I've met him a few times. A couple times at Gruene Hall and at a  festival a friend of mine was playing.  Great, down to earth guy.

That album, The Road to Ensenada, has so many great songs.  

Jealous. Seems like a guy I would love to have some beer and barbecue with. “Road…”, “Joshua,Judges,Ruth”, “Pontiac”, and “Step Inside This House” I could just about listen to on a continuous play list and be happy. Favorite performance I’ve seen was at Bass Hall in Ft Worth with his Large Band but I’ve seen him in about every configuration 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Auctoritas said:

What does WVU have to do with Lyle Lovett?

Justin Williams had been committed to WVU for awhile until he just recently withdrew his commitment. He is down to 2 schools and WVU ain't one of 'em.

11 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

AU apparently has stopped pursuing him after Tank decided to stay. I assume RB isn’t a huge need now with Tank and Hunter coming back and Alston coming in. I think they’ll still pursue Citizen though 

Good. We got two really good backs. Alston will hopefully be really good too and can play the all purpose Shivers role. Ingram and Jackson good emergency depth. Go after the big fish. Don't settle. I think Williams will be good, but it's seemed like the staff never went after him. Offered that Andrew Paul guy before him too

42 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

AU apparently has stopped pursuing him after Tank decided to stay. I assume RB isn’t a huge need now with Tank and Hunter coming back and Alston coming in. I think they’ll still pursue Citizen though 

Getting Citizen would be Huge. IMO, he has the skills to be as good or better than Tank. Unfortunately, I just don’t like our chances. As I understand it, he’s a February signee, which will give lsu (and other programs like uf that have joined the party) time to make up ground on AU. 

With Tank going pro after next season, I’d feel more comfortable having three horses in the stable (Hunter, Alston, and Williams). Now, if Cadillac and Trovon could continue the mo they’ve built up in LA and get Citizen’s autograph on ESD….

• Like 2