2022 4* RB TreVonte’ Citizen

AUreo

7 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

I love it too, but scratch my head that the only RB we have signed WANTS a better RB flirting with us to come in too?

I can see OL, QBs, etc, but rooting for your future competition? funny...

Because if they’re both good they’ll both play. RB Workhorse days are over, you need multiple capable guys

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

Because if they’re both good they’ll both play. RB Workhorse days are over, you need multiple capable guys

Someone, inevitably: "Derrick Henry says hi."
Anyone who understands how percentages work: "Um, cool?" 

• Like 1

Man I wish we’d land this guy because:a)he’s very talented and could contribute immediately b)we desperately need something positive to happen recruiting-wise, particularly on the offensive side of the ball

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, fredst said:

Man I wish we’d land this guy because:a)he’s very talented and could contribute immediately b)we desperately need something positive to happen recruiting-wise, particularly on the offensive side of the ball

While I'm not in the desperate camp, you make a very good point that Citizen could be a big First Domino for this phase of the cycle. We've been thinking QB but Alston + Citizen should give OLs plenty to think about. 

Oh, one more response to the RB tandem thing: bama, uga, Oklahoma, UNC and Penn State all have RB tandems committed that, collectively, are ranked higher than Alston+Citizen would be. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Someone, inevitably: "Derrick Henry says hi."
Anyone who understands how percentages work: "Um, cool?" 

I just don’t understand why of all people an Auburn fan would ask that. Did he not learn anything from the Gus days

• Like 1

He would be a great addition to this class. We would have 4 every down type RB's so we could rotate and keep all fresh which is better for the RB who wants to look good in the 4th quarter where games are won and lost and better for NFL draft as are not worn down by the time they get to NFL.  

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, CR said:

Citizen to LSU

Yes, this one hurts.  AU was the favorite to land him before his LSU visit this weekend.  He must have secretly preferred LSU all along to recommit to them on the first day of his visit.

22 minutes ago, dilligas said:

Yes, this one hurts.  AU was the favorite to land him before his LSU visit this weekend.  He must have secretly preferred LSU all along to recommit to them on the first day of his visit.

Or the NIL was bigger. It's no longer about relationships for most. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

Or the NIL was bigger. It's no longer about relationships for most. 

Nope, gold rush is on now. Take a couple of cycles for waters to calm down.

• Like 1

Harsin needs some good news to happen, and soon. Like a dark cloud over the program right now. 

2 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

Harsin needs some good news to happen, and soon. Like a dark cloud over the program right now. 

It will take a huge weather shift.....we're in the middle of a category 4 hurricane and the forecast isn't good. 

This hurts now we need to get another RB from the portal or hope nobody gets hurt.

Not surprising. CBH desperately needs to nail down a signature recruit on the offensive side. A low end 3* OL won't do it.

Saw a beat writer think that it was looking like they were losing Citizen but that was this morning or maybe last night.  Nope, don't remember where I saw it. 

32 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

As someone who has been encouraging people to chill out, I can't really dispute any of this post. I'm not admitting I've been wrong yet but I'm backing off the Aaron Rodgers RELAX routine. 

• Like 3

What did I miss? He committed to them? Wouldn't surprise me, but haven't seen any articles or such. Only thing I can find is about him visiting them this weekend, just like he made several posts about visiting us last weekend

My sweet wife and daughters love cats.  The cats slink around the house like some deadly being is constantly stalking them and take off running at the slightest movement.   Tigers walk around head held high, growling and asking somebody to come try them.  Our board, maybe with some justification, is becoming catlike. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, cbo said:

I don't think he's committed yet. Just tweeting about his visit to LSU. 

I took this as a commitment.  Hopefully it is just announcing his visit.  Would make sense because he just arrived on campus there today.  Hope that’s all it was.  We’ll know soon I suppose.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, dilligas said:

I took this as a commitment.  Hopefully it is just announcing his visit.  Would make sense because he just arrived on campus there today.  Hope that’s all it was.  We’ll know soon I suppose.

Hmmm.   If that is not a commitment, it is very misleading. 

Most say committed in there somewhere.  Maybe he's trolling them a bit. 

I haven't been as optimistic about this guy as others have been. I see him going to LSU. They don't have a clear cut #1 RB right now. I know they picked up Noah Cain from Penn St but if you look at Cain's stats he wasn't the leading rusher there. He split carries with Keyvone Lee, who ended being the leading rusher for Penn St. 

Citizen could go to LSU and have a good chance at getting immediate playing time. He's got a better chance at being the #1 RB there in 2022 or at the least splitting carries with Cain or John Emery Jr, who also hasn't been a #1 RB. At Auburn Tank is the clear #1 RB right now. Citizen would be competing with Jarquez Hunter for the #2 spot and fighting for playing time. It would be 2023 at best before Citizen could have a crack at the #1 RB spot here to get serious playing time, assuming Tank declares for the 2023 NFL draft.