Early National Signing Day News

Zeek

The 2 most intriguing recruitments to me are Perry and Woodyard. Both sides have expressed confidence in Perry, that typically doesnt bode well for AU. Woodyard has been described as a probable flip so long it seems like he should be listed as an AU commit. Yet, Bama knows the talk and as far as Ive read, they still havnt cut bait and moved on to their next guy. Waiting to see what happens there.

3 hours ago, Zeek said:

Ausberry, Rhym, Gilbert, and Scott should help round out the secondary in this class. I feel really confident about three of those... Ausberry just depends on how his OV to LSU went

RB situation is the most murky. We either get a massive surprise in Citizen essentially lying to LSU about waiting until February or we get Williams who is all but locked into Tennessee. We could just keep trying on Citizen until February if his issue is wanting to know the OC.

QB, TE, and K are the only positions we're done at currently. At least through high school.

There's like 6+ options at LB and I expect us to take two. Not a lot of clarity there except Woodyard has felt like a lock for months. 

DL might LOOK disappointing if it's 3* Sledge and JUCO M'ba but don't forget about 4* Story who has been our longest commitment and a great pass rusher this season. The staff also views Sledge just as highly as Perry and others. Personally, I think M'ba is one of the best players in the class... we'll see; physically speaking he's a specimen.

WR is weird. Clemons is kinda 50/50 right now I'm not sure why we just can't lock him down. Camden Brown is interesting but I like our odds more than others so I could be wrong. Regardless, we're actively pursuing at least one portal WR.

OL is weird. I think we get Farmer but that's I'm February. I think we get Woody but he could really play DL or IOL. We had momentum with the FIU transfer but LSU has somehow gotten that dude smitten in the matter of minutes. Not sure what the plan is here with the staff passing on Agbo. We seem to have options for the interior bit Offensive tackles still allude us.

I just don’t understand what the staff’s plan is with the OL. Agbo wasn’t their style but who is their style? I know we’re trying to hit the portal hard but damn. IMO it just seem like we don’t know what we’re doing regarding the OL, at least right now 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

I just don’t understand what the staff’s plan is with the OL. Agbo wasn’t their style but who is their style? I know we’re trying to hit the portal hard but damn. IMO it just seem like we don’t know what we’re doing regarding the OL, at least right now 

I'm trusting the staff knows what they're doing for the OL but it is a little frustrating we just can't seem to recruit that position at a high level. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Zeek said:

I'm trusting the staff knows what they're doing for the OL but it is a little frustrating we just can't seem to recruit that position at a high level. 

Just seems like they’re confused. They were going after lower rates guys, trying to keep them warm and interested but then skipped right over them to try to get the big guys just for the big guys to go somewhere else and now the smaller rated recruits starting to look elsewhere........ Sounds real familiar. Hopefully I’m just wrong and we close well and that portal works out for us

On 12/9/2021 at 11:24 AM, Beaker said:

NIL has rules?

Regardless - glad this is breaking TODAY and not on the 16th.  I wish FSU was on that list. 

I'm more glad Auburn is not on it.

Edited by SumterAubie

Looks like Auburn is feeling good about Ausberry.  He’s announcing tomorrow.  That would be such a coup for Harsin to pull a highly ranked kid with strong LSU ties. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, DonDraper said:

Doesn’t ausberry have a younger brother who is also a highly rated guy next year? Great get no matter what! 

Yep, a 4* LB 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DonDraper said:

Perry, mba and story on the DL? Am I missing someone? Maybe woody? 

Sledge is likely IMO as well

Edited by Brad_ATX
  • Like 2

Announcement times tomorrow:

4* CB Austin Ausberry 12:45 on CBS Sports HQ

#1 JUCO S Marquise Gilbert 7:00 PM via his social media (Twitter @_Rambo3k) (Instagram @lil_rambo3k)

Just now, Zeek said:

Announcement times tomorrow:

4* CB Austin Ausberry 12:45 on CBS Sports HQ

#1 JUCO S Marquise Gilbert 7:00 PM via his social media (Twitter @_Rambo3k) (Instagram @lil_rambo3k)

Didn't JLee basically say that he thinks they're ours?

This could end up being an incredibly conflicting week.

Edited by AUwent

On 12/9/2021 at 8:52 AM, augolf1716 said:

I don't know there has been so many bad ones but Keanu Reeves-Devil's Advocate was really really bad

And he had a voice coach.

Other thing to note: the OL class still has room to grow.  Three targets aren't announcing until February.

Woody

Cooper

Farmer

We probably have very good shots with Woody and Farmer.

17 hours ago, Zeek said:

Tae Woody (4* IOL/DL) is now waiting until February to sign. This news comes after his visit to Auburn. That makes me think he might have been FSU bound until the visit and now he's not so sure... I'm not a patient man but this is likely good news for us.

This decision also appears to be academically based as well... something to track

Maybe it’s just me but I have a feeling that the old Auburn signing day magic is back like in years past when we have huge surprise grabs on NSD. Hopefully my gut is right. Or could be the hibachi from last night too… 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, tbone1430 said:

Maybe it’s just me but I have a feeling that the old Auburn signing day magic is back like in years past when we have huge surprise grabs on NSD. Hopefully my gut is right. Or could be the hibachi from last night too… 

The only signing day magic I can recall is Corey Lemonier. I do recall with great sadness any number of disappointments.

8 hours ago, Mikey said:

The only signing day magic I can recall is Corey Lemonier. I do recall with great sadness any number of disappointments.

You’re real fun at parties aren’t you? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

31 minutes ago, tbone1430 said:

You’re real fun at parties aren’t you? 

That did make me laugh for some reason...god if I could put mikey and bird together at a party.

triple h fighting GIF by WWE

Game On Fighting GIF by Shalita Grant

Adam Sandler Fighting GIF

• Thanks 1
  • Love 2
  • Haha 4